Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE new Zombie MMO called H1Z1

Comments

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Novusod
    Notice the not so subliminal message in the top right corner where is says "CASH" above the monitor. That is where SoE's priorities are. They don't care about the player or the product. They only see players as walking cash machines.

You mean SoE's goal is to make money?  Holy shit this is something unheard of.  A company wants to make MONEY????

We should all boycott, this is an outrage!

• KatinkoKatinko Member Posts: 8
    There's enough modern-day zombie MMOs to play, I want to play a medieval zombie game where you and your guild of knights have to protect your group-crafted village from the undead with your swords and flaming arrows.
  • xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by ste2000
    Originally posted by FinalFikus

You're the one claiming it's a Zombie game.

No it's not a bad idea, for 5-10 years ago. Leveling up  in a zombie theme isn't a big draw anymore.

A survival type game is more interesting, but in an mmo, I doubt they do that.

I just put the pieces together from the pieces of information I posted on my OP.

I said that was a speculation of course, but I believe that anybody reading my OP could come up with the same conclusion.

Of course I might be wrong.......... after all is a speculation (as stated in my first 3 words of my OP).

Until SoE makes an official announcement we will not know for sure.

No need to be mad at me bro :)

Originally posted by xeniar

I doubt it would even be space themed. it could be anything. Something completely new asswell.

edit: My bet would be a Zombie MMO. and i really mean zombie mmo. Harsh persistent world with nothing in it. based on survival and rebuilding society. ?

we lack one of those

seems i was onto something :)

nice find OP

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    First Minecraft and now, possibly, DayZ. 

Yes.  Because f'n DayZ invented Zombies.  Or even made them recently popular.  Has nothing to do with 15 million people watching The Walking Dead each episode or the fact that DayZ really doesn't have any Zombies in it.

• tmann50tmann50 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Zombie games became boring in about the first 30 seconds....if this is the new MMO from Soe they are gonna go down in flames

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

Just what the world needs another zombie game....uggg

If this is the big reveal no thanks, unless it focuses more on surviving and less on fighting zombies...

Originally posted by kellian1

Just what the world needs another Zombie game....uggg

If this is the big reveal no thanks, unless it focuses more on surviving and less on fighting zombies...

name a good zombie game.

dayz.. no thanks.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

Maybe they are buying Undead Labs and helping them along with their MMO that State of Decay is precursor for.

Really hope they'd beat SOE to market if not.

The Dead Rising series is good for console gaming.

For PC what about the Left for Dead series...both really good. If you want to fight zombies in an MMO, just play TSW which is a perfectly acceptable MMO.

For PC what about the Left for Dead series...both really good. If you want a zombie MMO just play TSW which is a perfectly acceptable MMO.

i agree that dead rising is fun.

left for dead is quite good asswell

i myself like dead island.

but we do lack one where your actions in the world really matter, dayz kinda of style but better implemented. bigger. Entire cities etc. (think 28 days later) 

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    @OP, that's a good catch.  Makes sense.  Not sure what the answer is but that makes a lot of sense. 
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i really hope it's not zombies.

alien invasion or something, please, not another rehash.

i know that fantasy has been rehashed over and over, but it also has a decades long established market.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

For PC what about the Left for Dead series...both really good. If you want a zombie MMO just play TSW which is a perfectly acceptable MMO.

but we do lack one where your actions in the world really matter, dayz kinda of style but better implemented. bigger. Entire cities etc. (think 28 days later) 

I'm fine with a post apocolyptic survival game where the main bad guys are really humans fighting each other for survival. What I don't need is 100 different skins for zombies over 20 zones. Things like decrepit zombie, young decrepit zombie, elder decrepit zombie....ugg

Focus on the actual survival, where the players build towns from scratch because there is nothing left, or build towns in the rubble of cities, etc. I don't mind zombies being a part of it, just dont make them the main "bad guy".

This to me is more intriguing (probably because of my love of the surviverman TV show) than fighting different zombies and searching for a "cure" for whatever they call this zombie infection if this is what they are going for. 

I'm fine with a post apocolyptic survival game where the main bad guys are really humans fighting each other for survival. What I don't need is 100 different skins for zombies over 20 zones. Things like decrepit zombie, young decrepit zombie, elder decrepit zombie....ugg

Focus on the actual survival, where the players build towns from scratch because there is nothing left, or build towns in the rubble of cities, etc. I don't mind zombies being a part of it, just dont make them the main "bad guy".

This to me is more intriguing (probably because of my love of the surviverman TV show) than fighting different zombies and searching for a "cure" for whatever they call this zombie infection if this is what they are going for. 

for me this is what a Zombie mmo should be about. they could put in a fe types but not anythign outrages. but indeed focus more on the human struggle for survival.

i hope that soe (if our speculation is true) realises this.

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906

for me this is what a Zombie mmo should be about. they could put in a fe types but not anythign outrages. but indeed focus more on the human struggle for survival.

i hope that soe (if our speculation is true) realises this.

They can't do any of that in an MMORPG, for the same reason they don't do any of that in games now.

Everyone wants to rebuild. But who gets to? 99% chance it wont be any of us.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Zombies would be a major disappointment... :(
  • FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by Hanthos
    Zombies would be a major disappointment... :(

Not if they did it right.

But to do it right would take balls of steel.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Here's a fun fact: During Smedley's most recent AMA hosted on reddit, he responded a question which asked which games he was currently playing. His answer was the following: "Planetside 2, Dota 2. Day Z. Rust. Little BF4."
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

And dedicated to the swg fans that haven't found a game to call home since 2005?

You do realize that an actual SWG2 is not possible right?

EA bought Star Wars rights for the next 10 years............ forget about Star Wars Galaxies

Also you know that everything that comes out of Smedley mouth needs to be translated into real world language........... so it could be everything.

That is not entirely true Disney retain rights to make games outside of EA here is a press release back from May of last year..

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-06/electronic-arts-gets-star-wars-game-license-from-disney.html

Disney will “retain certain rights to develop new titles within the mobile, social, tablet and online game categories."

Wanted to note as well this SW game in development that lends proof that they retain the right to make or license out the SW license outside EA to make games like  this title in development.

Lucasarts,Disney Interactive, and 52 Games no where it has EA anywhere stamped on the game.

Here is the games official site:

http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

No where it has EA stamped on it at all. This whole deal with EA has a lot of people confused, EA is not going to be the only game in town making Star Wars games, the fact the Disney retains the  rights to make certain genres including a MMORPG would leave out EA having one of their studios making another mediocore MMORPG like it did with TOR.

I think there is a mass misconception about the deal with EA with people that they are the only game in town when it comes to using the Star Wars License for gaming, that is not true.

• DrSmaShDrSmaSh Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    The market is a bit saturated with Zombie games. I doubt it will be in demand when the game comes out.

Since when does SOE has any kind of market sense? Or sense for what players want? :)

Every time I read your post, I die a little inside...
  • malratsmalrats Member UncommonPosts: 21

A zombie MMO really doesn't work. Think about it. How much variety could you really have in enemies and such? The thing that makes fantasy and such work is that you have so many creatures and races and things to pull from.

Zombies? How many variations of a mutated human or animal can you have and find that very engaging at all?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

If nobody have said it before i unofficially give this game the name of "hissy"  as you can not really abbreviate it´s name.

Beyond that i think it will be DoA. Sony does not have the stones to produce a zombie game where the stakes are high enough to make it interesting.

This have been a good conversation

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

He said it was a futuristic game. Well, the frist mistake was to;

1. suggest he could make something as good as the quality of a game at a certain time and would replicate it by not repicating it.

2. Says its futuristic but have wooden houses - sounds like he is trolling

3. The A.I. apparently will be zombies which to me sounds like an excuse to not improve previous examples of standing still NPCs in 'dead' cities. This is a mockery of bad design.

4. Using key words like home, and expect something as subjective as a feeling of quality to be mirrored. Big words and big claims on something that already seems so different. How can someone looking at this not already feel that they are being played with, but also curious at the same time.

However, he did accomplish 1 thing for sure, he has a lot of peoples attentions. In the end, it will just tell anyone that has a strong opinion about SWG to settle this iteration for what ever they have planned and nothing more. If thats what they expect, I would be surprised in such an achievement. 

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

And dedicated to the swg fans that haven't found a game to call home since 2005?

You do realize that an actual SWG2 is not possible right?

EA bought Star Wars rights for the next 10 years............ forget about Star Wars Galaxies

Also you know that everything that comes out of Smedley mouth needs to be translated into real world language........... so it could be everything.

It maybe not Star Wars, but it can be something close.

I would prefer to see a game more like Deus Ex though, with all the spooky conspiracy theories (some actually came true, too) and side adventures in a permanent night world. More a brainy MMO, than another combat centric game (don't we have enough?).

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    People say that the zombie survival genre has enough games already, but the problem is that none of those games are actually finished or delivered what they promised. So I am still hopefull that one day we will see a good and expansive zombie survival.