Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guys, are you mad at zenimax right now?

Comments

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by Matticus75

This is what I see from the overall responses in a nutshell to the OP:

"I mean if they are throwing Jews in jail, well you know, Im ok with that, you know, I mean Im not a Jew, so you know, kinda like it don't matter to me what they do to us, really doesn't effect me"

Godwin wins again.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Gatlan
    Originally posted by Ividnaelax
    I could care less about the race, I just want the horse.

same, order of importance of digital stuff: 1) Head start  2)horse and then tied for last) mudcrab, imperial, rings, and whatever I forgot about, the squig-like pet.

It will certainly be easier to spot people for me to avoid, just like in good old days ;P

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=gCjuFpQ3EeA

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

No.

I was already mad at them 3 years ago when they announced the game and read their vision.

Now I just don't care anymore, whatever they do is not going to be any worse than my initial disappointment.

I will buy the game, though I am not sure I am going to be playing it after the first month.

• JulkulaJulkula Member Posts: 21
    Not mad but having mixed feelings. Game industry is going into strange direction imo.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Xarko

It will certainly be easier to spot people for me to avoid, just like in good old days ;P

i never saw that -  amusing

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Disappointed but not really surprised. I wonder if Frior will change his rhetoric now?
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Matticus75

This is what I see from the overall responses in a nutshell to the OP: "I mean if they are throwing Jews in jail, well you know, Im ok with that, you know, I mean Im not a Jew, so you know, kinda like it don't matter to me what they do to us, really doesn't effect me""I mean you know that just the way it is, don't know why people stand up to things, really are you going to change anything? really? I mean common.............just complaining just gives me a headache, wish you would stop, just accept the society you live in, you know, you have food, whats wrong with you all....gosh" May not be applied to a race of people getting thrown in jail, but a concept of complacency and apathy toward any system that pokes and prods your humanity on what can be exploited, in this case Art, is evil........soon your video games will be reduced blinking lights if you let them do it, and trust me they will try

Seek help.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I don't play box/subs with cash shops so, not mad, but not going to play either. It will go f2p soon enough.

Same here as I don't play cashshop and will stick with just the box/sub fee for the game.

I mean if I truly wouldn't play a game that might have a subfee, box cost and a cashshop I think there isn't a game anymore that I could play cause almost every MMO/rpg has some form of cashshop or real life cost items players can buy above their box/sub fee.

I just choose not to use cashshop unless a cashshop really prevents me from enjoying the game without using it. Then I just feel the game isn't for me.

I think that Zenimax actually understands giving players something meaningfull for pre-ordering their game. Most pre-order come with fluff stuff that is even out of game, like artbooks, posters, maps, figuriens, which might be fun for certain collectors. But simple isn't what would make me buy a pre-order.

Not saying I will pre-order the game because I will not. But definitly will buy the game that's for sure.

Wondering what kind of uproar we will see when upcoming sandbox games come out F2P with cashshops cause to be honost that is something I truly can not understand how that will work. But of course that's pure speculation cause I have no idea what things will be or not be cashshop related. But just the whole premise of a sandbox game being F2P just doesn't feel right to me.

And pre-orders never really bothered me ever. Even though I never pre-order.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

no ,I am not mad,just don't care for ESO, maybe if game surprised me with good pvp ,I 'll play

Nothing wrong with CE & monthly sub

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    When I was younger I used to be angry all the time. As I got older I just became more and more annoyed.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I don't care. I will buy and play it simply because I have nothing else on my plate and $80 dollars is nothing to me. However, if you're tight fisted I suggest you be wary. The preorder and imperial edition digital bonuses feel very much like a cash grab which leads me to believe that they're playing the short game rather than the long game. In other words, looking to profit mainly off of box sales rather than subs. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169
    I'm mad on their marketing team. Developers has only one option to follow greedy minds. I hope this kind of things will not repeat other wise I will not buy or continue my subscription.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I don't even want to play the race, or use that horse, so I'm not mad. If people want to pay for things like that then they can go ahead and do it. As long as they aren't paying for power than why should I care about it?

Because they are paying for aesthetics. Power is not everything in a game you knnow?I know more people feel this way.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746
    They've been smoking the greed weed :)

• CeryshenCeryshen Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Not "mad" about it. In fact I probably won't ever play the game, but what is frustrating is that a lot of us are just used to being able to pay for a game and getting what comes with that purchase. Everyone who bought a game would have access to all of the classes, races, factions, spells, zones etc. .. the normal, standard features that come with a game (yes .. I know the race/faction is the main aspect in question here, but that used to be considered a standard feature).

But over the past few years, it seems the game companies are just continuously nudging us to test what we'll give into next over time and I highly doubt it will stop here.

I guess it's kind of like buying cheese and cracker packs for years and then the companies that makes them decide to still charge the same amount of money for them, then lock the cheese container part and charge more to unlock that part of the box. You still get the cheese section in your purchase, you just can't eat it.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Xarko

i never saw that -  amusing

That was pretty funny, although most of the people that get those sparkle ponies from both SoE and Blizzard are from buying it with platinum / gold from other players.  Really its just a RMT gateway for players to buy in game currency with real money.

• Hephaestus_XiiHephaestus_Xii Member Posts: 21
    I'm not mad but I dislike that they gave the option where any race can join any alliance. This is AvA be true to your alliance don't punk out . 

Sabotage Gaming TS3 Open To All Gamer's

Teamspeak IP. 162.243.205.195
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Mixed feelings. Originally I was a definite 'no' for ESO. After the last beta (without getting into NDA stuff) it was a 'probably yes' with the understanding that it would probably be a  4 to 8 week game (for me).

Now with the preorder option I am falling into 'probably no'.

The faction/race locks were a huge central backbone of the game. I didn't think it needed to be but that was the design. Now in what amounts to the 11th hour they effectively take it away by associating it with a means of generating more up front cash.

To me this mean this means:

A) They are really great at customer service, heard the cries of their players and decided to change in favor of the requested 'needs'.

B) They found their original projected sales flagging so they caved in to offer a feature to hopefully pull back disenchanted   potential customers who were upset by the faction lock.

I discount A because the hue and cry was heard long ago. Had they wanted to change positions on faction locks they would have done so long ago.

B I think is a more likely scenario and while I applaud it from a business standpoint (sometimes have to grit your teeth and take it in the gut..or lower) it would seem to point towards the increasingly  common scenario of  a  sub based game going F2P in the short run (12 - 24 months) due to lack of sustainability on the major income stream, subs.

Now I don't mind spending money and Usually play for short periods of time, 1 to 2 months. Then I leave and come back periodically over time. So why am I inclined towards 'no'?

Not 100% sure but I would hazard a guess that after so many years of MMOs (this is my 20th year online gaming) I am starting to burn out on drama. Really not sure. It's one of those things that puzzles me frequently. Doesn't matter, I suppose but for this game the change in race/factions locks has probably taken it off the table for me.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I dont get mad about games, it's pathetic really, not to mention over small things like this. If a game does something huge enough that I dont like I pass on it and get the next best thing. Who ever bought the CE for the Imperial, all I can say to you, have fun and I hope you dont have to listen to some whiny kid whining at you in game over it.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Dewguy79
    What is wrong with people?  Mad about a VIDEO GAME!! Are you kidding?  If a decision a VIDEO GAME company impacts your life where you become mad, outraged, feel anger, feel mistreated or anything like that, that would be a sign it's time to STOP playing VIDEO GAMES!

+1

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Not Mad in any way at all. I dont care about playing as an Imperial and as you can play as any Race comes with just the Pre Order, so no ImpEdition needed, im very fine. Even that i bought the Imp Edition. I'm looking forward to the Headstart. Also i prefered SUB Games from the Beginning, it's another reason for me to give it a go. And after Beta, for me it's a must-have.
  • NLEagle_1NLEagle_1 Member Posts: 4
    Mad?... no ofc not... disappointed? yes I am disappointed in some or more choices that are made within zenimax.
  • squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

No, they can charge Box sell + $15 monthly + cash shop + expansion. whatever they do to their game is their business. 

and buy it or not is out choice , not their business. i'm not mad at them at all b/c i like to see a big title fall, just like FF14 and people who hate the greedy , as i know, already decide not to buy and moving on next new game. 

arent we all love dart vader b./c he also fall hard into darkside? ^__^

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

The only thing that makes me want to buy the CE is that sweet book that comes with it. But, I'm getting rather tired of statues of characters I don't care (or know nothing) about.

That book really does look sweet though.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

No I'm not mad because I don't plan on ever playing the game.  They are doing some things I could never support though.

I will be happy to see the game utterly fail.

Based on the assumption that they would know exactly why they failed and this would correct the behavior of future developers? Lol

Or maybe you just don't like seeing people enjoy something you don't?

At least your agenda is clear and honest.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

This discussion has been closed.