Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guys, are you mad at zenimax right now?

Comments

• PizzaGoblinPizzaGoblin Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior
    Originally posted by PizzaGoblin

I think it is BS to offer this kind of content for CE on a sub game.  This seems like it is clearly a quick run for the $$$ of the fans of the title.  I could personally care less about the race since I don't know what an Imperial is, but I am against withholding this type of content.  Or the "any race any faction"  for prepurchase.  If that doesn't smell fishy to you then what does?  

All that said,  I may fork over the $ to play the game when the time comes.  I do enjoy PvP.  Or I may protest with the MMORPG Alliance ...  

What? You dont think they want your money or something? Its a company why do you think they made the game? To improve your life and waste their own time?

You need to learn capitalism my friend. Life is not about charity.

Did you read my post or just copy paste?  I never said they were a NFL like 501(c)(6).  I said I am against withholding content such as they are offering for money and prepurchase on a pay to play game. 

That is my opinion.  Am I OK to have one my friend?

"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."

Frank Lloyd Wright

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    zenimax is so stuped instead of having a loyal following for years to come they are only going to have people play for 3 months then gone till game goes free and a bad relationship with their customers forever.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Getting mad shows interest, which means, they win. 

No, being mad wouldn't prove or help anything, more like unsupportive, yes, me and my wallet feel unsupportive, then again my wallet and I have felt that way ever since trying the beta. image

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Fearum

I played in beta also.

I got faction pride in DAoC from being part of a faction that was entirely different from the other 2 factions. Now there is nothing different here except the color of the team. We all have the same skills and same races. There really is no difference than fighting for your server in GW2 except if I play 24/7 I may be #1 and get another skill line and armor set. I wanted to kill Nords and now I have to group with them. 

I could careless about them selling the Imperial as a CE gimmick and actually thought that would of been brilliant if they were the only race that could of played in any alliance. 

Culture and narrative are still different.  Only thing that changed is which cosmetic skins you'll see around you, given the sub-par way Elder Scrolls games have always handled player race.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Reymas

Not mad at all.  Really, really happy with them.

ZOS didn't make the business call, that was Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Media.  But regardless, lack of race locks and addition of Imperials is nothing but pure win!

No. Disappointed they took the race restriction off though. They just castrated the uniqueness of the alliances and made them bland just like WvW is in GW2, so PvP is now going to be which color team will have the most Nords.

I still look forward to playing through the story and all the other PvE though while riding my white horse as an Imperial duel wielding warrior throughout Tamriel since I really don't feel like playing a Altmer Priest/Mage anymore because I don't really plan to do much PvP.

Having played beta, and not wanting to say TOO much, I will say this: if you play through the story, you will feel that DAOC faction pride I guarantee you.  Race-locks or no this is so far from the GW2 team colors 2-weeks sports match with no context or lore.  

The factions are so awesomely diverse, even with all 9 of the original playable races running around (as NPCs) in all the faction lands.  They are even deeper and more interesting than the DAOC factions.

Moral of the story: your worries are unfounded and by level 10 you will be raring to get into the fight for your faction.

I played in beta also.

I got faction pride in DAoC from being part of a faction that was entirely different from the other 2 factions. Now there is nothing different here except the color of the team. We all have the same skills and same races. There really is no difference than fighting for your server in GW2 except if I play 24/7 I may be #1 and get another skill line and armor set. I wanted to kill Nords and now I have to group with them. 

I could careless about them selling the Imperial as a CE gimmick and actually thought that would of been brilliant if they were the only race that could of played in any alliance. 

Did you play the story? Read the lore? What did you do then pal? You sound like your just trying to complain.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I don't play box/subs with cash shops so, not mad, but not going to play either. It will go f2p soon enough.
  • Originally posted by PizzaGoblin
    Originally posted by PizzaGoblin

I think it is BS to offer this kind of content for CE on a sub game.  This seems like it is clearly a quick run for the $$$ of the fans of the title.  I could personally care less about the race since I don't know what an Imperial is, but I am against withholding this type of content.  Or the "any race any faction"  for prepurchase.  If that doesn't smell fishy to you then what does?  

All that said,  I may fork over the $ to play the game when the time comes.  I do enjoy PvP.  Or I may protest with the MMORPG Alliance ...  

What? You dont think they want your money or something? Its a company why do you think they made the game? To improve your life and waste their own time?

You need to learn capitalism my friend. Life is not about charity.

Did you read my post or just copy paste?  I never said they were a NFL like 501(c)(6).  I said I am against withholding content such as they are offering for money and prepurchase on a pay to play game. 

That is my opinion.  Am I OK to have one my friend?

You said that this is a quick run for money. And i asked if you were surprised by that.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    you know I don't care if they want in future they can ask dubbel the normal price and give you these super races with their own skill tree and 25% more power but ill never pay a ridiculous price for a game and they will never get a loyal following and all the other developers are laughing at zenimax and people will see that crowdfunded games are better Richard Garriett are totally against subscriptions whish is good.
  • Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I am not a lore freak, so I don't care whatsoever about the Imperial race or the ability to choose a different faction. I just want to play the damn game already.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I played in beta also.

Did you play the story? Read the lore? What did you do then pal? You sound like your just trying to complain.

No. I don't read that stuff in Beta because I don't feel like reading it again at launch pal. I can complain about whatever I want and I still disagree with you. Calling me pal is cute but I still don't see your point here.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I keep wondering how Francis feels about this? 

Until he "weights" in we have vintage Francis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szTEHgqZXY

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Yes I'm mad, I've been mad since the first beta session I did. I'm just mad for different reasons.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Terminus-Est
    As I said in one of the other threads, I have gone from being excited about this game to hoping it is a huge failure. I don't think I will buy the game now (and I am not sure why I am even posting here any more).

You WANT it to be a failure? 

1. You are a cold, cold person. Its just a friggen mudcrab, horse, and new race. Yes you can go to any race but wtf? Why does it matter all that much.

2. I bet you will buy this game. Honestly you will probably forget about this once its released. 

Although I don't want ESO to fail, I don't believe in the direction it went (PvP? Shakes head).

And no, not getting ESO as it no longer resembles the offline RPG. I'm v-e-r-y firm on that part. PvP crossing into a 100% PvE game, non-start. All it took was the word PvP, and that ended it with me. Just like with EQN. When ever PvP gets into a game the game no longer is about PvE content, and it divides the game design. Nope. Already have that tomfoolery in WoW, don't need to buy another MMO for it again.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Nah not mad, just disappointed.  They should have known better after all that PR crap about choosing a subscription model so that everyone would be on equal footing.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by reeereee

Mad is clearly not the right word at all.  I feel more like they tipped their hand and showed us what kind of company they really were.

Am I still going to try ESO?  Sure, I mean I'm playing swtor right now it's not like I have standards.  But now it's not like I'll be shocked if their endgame is a horribly unfinished mess or when I see their nickle and dime cash shop that they may or may not wait to go full f2p before installing.

Company's are never "nice". Not these types. Not most of the commercials you see on TV either. They want money, is that hard to get?

You do realize just repeating that companies want money doesn't mean anything right?  Of course every company in America wants to make money.  The point is how they do it.  This is probably going to go over your head, but companies that make garbage products that try and fool consumers into making poorly informed choices behave in ways differently than companies that make high quality products.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    Waiting til it goes f2p

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Though I prefer the faction locks, no I'm not mad. I'm not a drama queen. It's a game. I get mad when sweet lady janes around the corner from my house runs out of Oreo Tiramisu. Best dessert ever :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by Reymas

Not mad at all.  Really, really happy with them.

ZOS didn't make the business call, that was Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Media.  But regardless, lack of race locks and addition of Imperials is nothing but pure win!

No. Disappointed they took the race restriction off though. They just castrated the uniqueness of the alliances and made them bland just like WvW is in GW2, so PvP is now going to be which color team will have the most Nords.

I still look forward to playing through the story and all the other PvE though while riding my white horse as an Imperial duel wielding warrior throughout Tamriel since I really don't feel like playing a Altmer Priest/Mage anymore because I don't really plan to do much PvP.

Having played beta, and not wanting to say TOO much, I will say this: if you play through the story, you will feel that DAOC faction pride I guarantee you.  Race-locks or no this is so far from the GW2 team colors 2-weeks sports match with no context or lore.  

The factions are so awesomely diverse, even with all 9 of the original playable races running around (as NPCs) in all the faction lands.  They are even deeper and more interesting than the DAOC factions.

Moral of the story: your worries are unfounded and by level 10 you will be raring to get into the fight for your faction.

I played in beta also.

I got faction pride in Eve from reading the in-character flamewars between the various loyalist corporations on the forums immersing myself in the background lore, and being surrounded by people who supported that faction because it was what they wanted to do rather than where their racial picks forced them to be.  Sure, many people opted out entirely; but that didn't put any kind of damper on the people who opted in. 

Honestly, with faction-locks in place I didn't expect to have any chance at giving a damn about the faction my preferred race was going to dump me into.  Obviously you differ on that, but I cannot for the life of me fathom how that works for you.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by BruceYee

all this talk about eso got me to pre-purchase a reg dig copy.

I guess even bad publicity is good.

Did you research it first or did you just say, this game is getting attention and i want it!

Jk. But have fun with it.

Its what I did..I dropped 80 bucks to give the whiners the finger.  Wasnt even gonna play the game and now Im sure ill be part of the one and done crowd. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

Mad is an inappropriate word for feelings about a company's decision.  Disappointed, but not too surprised would be a better description.

On the bright side, they tipped their hand as to what we can expect before I bought and devoted time to the game.  That's the silver lining I guess. 

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

This is what I see from the overall responses in a nutshell to the OP:

"I mean if they are throwing Jews in jail, well you know, Im ok with that, you know, I mean Im not a Jew, so you know, kinda like it don't matter to me what they do to us, really doesn't effect me"

"I mean you know that just the way it is, don't know why people stand up to things, really are you going to change anything? really? I mean common.............just complaining just gives me a headache, wish you would stop, just accept the society you live in, you know, you have food, whats wrong with you all....gosh"

May not be applied to a race of people getting thrown in jail, but a concept of complacency and apathy toward any system that pokes and prods your humanity on what can be exploited, in this case Art, is evil........soon your video games will be reduced blinking lights if you let them do it, and trust me they will try

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I could care less about the race, I just want the horse.
  • rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Matticus75

This is what I see from the overall responses in a nutshell to the OP:

"I mean if they are throwing Jews in jail, well you know, Im ok with that, you know, I mean Im not a Jew, so you know, kinda like it don't matter to me what they do to us, really doesn't effect me"

"I mean you know that just the way it is, don't know why people stand up to things, really are you going to change anything? really? I mean common.............just complaining just gives me a headache, wish you would stop, just accept the society you live in, you know, you have food, whats wrong with you all....gosh"

May not be applied to a race of people getting thrown in jail, but a concept of complacency and apathy toward any system that pokes and prods your humanity on what can be exploited, in this case Art, is evil........soon your video games will be reduced blinking lights if you let them do it, and trust me they will try

Ok, we are talking about a computer game here, right??? 

I think comparisons to the Holocaust are a little over the top.  Lets just put you down as a "yes" for this poll, and forget about the rest of that.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by BruceYee

all this talk about eso got me to pre-purchase a reg dig copy.

I guess even bad publicity is good.

So easily handled?

This is bad

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Ividnaelax
    I could care less about the race, I just want the horse.

same, order of importance of digital stuff: 1) Head start  2)horse and then tied for last) mudcrab, imperial, rings, and whatever I forgot about, the squig-like pet.

This discussion has been closed.