Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for people who are only strictly PC gamers POLL

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Just humor me because I know you wont play a console in reality but just for this thread if you had to which big console brand would you choose and only choose one out of the 3. 

Comments

• whozthisguywhozthisguy Member UncommonPosts: 186
    lol, 0-50%-50%-0

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Hell if I know. I've not researched any of them.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

CoD? I can live without it.

Metal Gear? It's been fun...

Zelda? Aw Hell No! Link is permanently welcome in my house!

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Sony for sure.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I voted for Sony because I dont need to pay monthly fee to them in order to use services like Netflix and so forth (vs. Xbox). Nintendo? Meh, Mario? No.
  • CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Hanthos

CoD? I can live without it.

Metal Gear? It's been fun...

Zelda? Aw Hell No! Link is permanently welcome in my house!

Exactly my kind of thinking. GTA games have been fun, so have other PlayStation titles.. But Zelda alone is the reason I'd pick Nintendo any day. Plus, the abuse of mothers are significantly less likely to happen if you play on a Nintendo!

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189

I choose Sony,

Nintendo has too much a childish nature for me, and I find a lot of xbox games are playable on the PC anyway.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

18 / 52 / 15 / 15 the current state, seems Nintendo is on the run :)

I voted Sony, because I wouldn't touch any of them (obviously), but I still have a PSP. Vice City Stories... can't help it, I'm a fan. I have to admit, back in the day PSP was an awesome gear. Never was a gadget-geek, but when I first held it, it was like "damn, that's the future..."

Of course with 2 and 3 they went downhill, PSP Go was a bad joke, and I haven't looked Vita yet, since there's no new GTA on it...

Chinatown Wars was a DS exclusive, so I played it on a DS, but the console didn't left any impression in me... the touchscreen is rather an annoyance than an improvement. (yep, I don't use that lame win8 Metro either :) ) so Nintendo is a no. As for MS... never :)

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Only own hand helds and an awesome gaming laptop.   

Vita: for some fighting games, gravity rush, and wipeout.

3DS: for pokemon and other some other ninetendo cloneware.  I really don't intend on buying anything 3rd party TBH.

On an aside I don't even own a television, so the console race silliness does not apply at all.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Talmien

I choose Sony,

Nintendo has too much a childish nature for me, and I find a lot of xbox games are playable on the PC anyway.

Well, N is trying to show that it has more up its sleeves.

No one said you could touch ;-)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFfVBdRWmw

I'm sure there are more titles that are more aimed for grown ups.

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

Should've included SteamBox.

T

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

I choose Sony,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69rPbLb1fg This one personally has me excited.  The one on Wii was pretty much a Theme park MMO turned single player with a ton of side quests.  You were able to make groups like Tank/Healer/Dps or DPS/Debuff/Buff or DPS/DPS/Debuff and it was really fun. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ArielyAriely Member Posts: 68
    Not every gamer will limit themself to one console. i prefer pc games but i still have my  ps3/4 and xbox for games that are 1: not for pc, 2: play better something else ( this, however is my opinion).
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Personally when it comes to consoles, for me its mainly always been both Sony and Nintendo.  Nintendo mainly because of Zelda, Metroid and the company who makes the Xeno games.  Not all of their games are childish, actually this generation they are going for more mature themed titles than they did on Wii.

But this is the main reason I got a Wii U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQrYwYbwlS4

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Originally posted by Fappuccino

I choose Sony,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69rPbLb1fg This one personally has me excited.  The one on Wii was pretty much a Theme park MMO turned single player with a ton of side quests.  You were able to make groups like Tank/Healer/Dps or DPS/Debuff/Buff or DPS/DPS/Debuff and it was really fun. 

If your a fan of the Xeno series I recommend the previous titles xenogears and xenosaga episodes 1-3.  Those maybe old but their story is far more interesting.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Sony, I don't think I have to explain why.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I tell you my relationship with consoles.

I bought the PS2 because of Gran Turismo, then sold it.

I bought the PS3 for the same reason (Gran Turismo) and sold it.

Then I got myself an Xbox 360 because of Forza 4, I still own it, but except for Forza and FIFA I don't play it much.

The reason why I play mainly PC games is because they are more original, generally better and there is more varieties in genres.

The only games the Consoles do better are the Sport games (By the way if Gran Turismo and Forza were available on PC I would never have bought any Console at all)

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

Voted Sony.  I've read too much about faulty manufacturing on Microsoft consoles.  (RROD)

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    We have all 3 in our house and the X-Box's get 10X more play than the PS does and the Nintendo almost never gets playtime.  I have both X-Box1 and the PS4.  The same was true for the 360 and PS3 as well. 

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I would choose Nintendo. Reason being, the PC is my powerhouse, it's where I play all the demanding next-gen titles with incredible graphics. Therefore, I have absolutely no reason to play other consoles unless it's because of exclusives, and in that department Nintendo easily beats the others. Games like Zelda, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Pikmin, etc. are all amazing classics that must be played and experienced by any gamer. However, it is no secret that the Wii U has been selling quite poorly and for that alone I would be wary. I personally do not own the console, but considering all the trouble Nintendo currently finds itself in, I would probably do a lot of research regarding the company's current situation and how that will affect their console before making a final decision.
  • squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

1 vote for sony for their JRPG, what else i do on a console.

FPS (COD,BF) on console? (secretly lol) once u play FPS like counter strike, FPS on console is for kids.

still havent buy any x1 or PS4 yet. no point giving them when there isnt game i like come out.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

I heard playstations online functions sucked for ps3 and I like the xbox gamepad so I guess that means I would buy an xbox one. Except I wont buy an xbox one.

I do know xbox did some really horrible presentations sounding like corporate assholes, so if playstation is equally good i would buy a playstation 4. But I wont buy a playstation 4.

I would never buy a nintendo console. Friend had a Gamecube and the gamepad was plastic crap, Wii was a fad and Wii U is a big joke.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Shaigh

I heard playstations online functions sucked for ps3 and I like the xbox gamepad so I guess that means I would buy an xbox one. Except I wont buy an xbox one.

I do know xbox did some really horrible presentations sounding like corporate assholes, so if playstation is equally good i would buy a playstation 4. But I wont buy a playstation 4.

I would never buy a nintendo console. Friend had a Gamecube and the gamepad was plastic crap, Wii was a fad and Wii U is a big joke.

well, you should ask yourself what do you need from a console. everything is base on personal need.

i personaly think, nintendo is awesome with their hanheld like 3ds, so many good game like zelda, pokemon, Fire emblem, harvestmoon, monster hunter, animal crossing. they might not focus into high end game, but their exclusive game is must play. and i think they are king in hanheld area.

as for X1 and PS4, they focusing into more high end game with good graphic. so it come to personal need. if you want quick action like FPS and dont like playing on PC then go for x1, they have good server since you pay for it. if you like JRPG, and dont want to pay for server for FPS then PS4 is your friend.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

PS4 for me, if I absolutely had to choose. Last gen I had PS3, 360 and PC. Not sure yet on this gen if I'm getting a console, we'll have to see exclusives.

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

Funny we ALL play on M$ Windows and we almost all chose Sony...

Brand loyalty at its finest!

Yep I chose PS4, I think for pc users, clearly paygates to internet content is an issue (Pay attention M$ :)