Gunslinger class added in today's patch!

DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,958

Hey all. Exciting stuff in today's patch! The introduction of questing marks the start of a period of what I would call some 'very alpha' feature implementation. We're going to be adding pieces (maps, world cycling, dungeon quests) that augment this feature and as such we'll doing quite a bit of tuning over the next few weeks. So keep the feedback coming and keep in mind that there is more on the way.

• The Gunslinger is now available! Purchase it in the store for Source or Credits and change classes in town.
  • Quests v0.1 are now in the game! Quests will notify you when one is nearby and will give experience, spawn a chest, and grant world stars on completion.
  • When the star bar is filled all players who completed a quest will get 50 Source.
  • Daily Source rewards reduced to 300 from 500.
  • Dropped swords can again destroy grass.
  • Chests will no longer be empty and all emblem types again drop.
  • Robotic deco recipes now require 50 robotic salvage down from 100
  • Changed /suicide to /respawn
  • There are now tutorial statues near the starting spawn location
  • Monsters and mounts now have footstep sounds and VFX.
  • The range of possible stats generated on resplendent- and shadow-rarity items have been squished together. Shadow items are now roughly the same quality as previous resplendent items, while resplendent items fall midway between relic and the new shadow.
  • Basic attacks from NPCs should now more accurately match animations.
  • Common Rank 6 NPCs now drop more legendary drops than previouisly. Rank 6 chests have a higher chance to drop resplendent.
  • Fixing issue in crafting window where it appeared you could craft more of an item after you had already crafted the maximum amount.
  • Fix for the class changer popping up a window for everyone nearby when used.
  • New community-submitted items from Ortish, qdarkness, Greymulkin, Gex, Ergonyx, and Tribe are in the game!

Comments

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Wisconsin, USAMember UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Hey all. Exciting stuff in today's patch! The introduction of questing marks the start of a period of what I would call some 'very alpha' feature implementation. We're going to be adding pieces (maps, world cycling, dungeon quests) that augment this feature and as such we'll doing quite a bit of tuning over the next few weeks. So keep the feedback coming and keep in mind that there is more on the way. The Gunslinger is now available! Purchase it in the store for Source or Credits and change classes in town. Quests v0.1 are now in the game! Quests will notify you when one is nearby and will give experience, spawn a chest, and grant world stars on completion. When the star bar is filled all players who completed a quest will get 50 Source. Daily Source rewards reduced to 300 from 500. Dropped swords can again destroy grass. Chests will no longer be empty and all emblem types again drop. Robotic deco recipes now require 50 robotic salvage down from 100 Changed /suicide to /respawn There are now tutorial statues near the starting spawn location Monsters and mounts now have footstep sounds and VFX. The range of possible stats generated on resplendent- and shadow-rarity items have been squished together. Shadow items are now roughly the same quality as previous resplendent items, while resplendent items fall midway between relic and the new shadow. Basic attacks from NPCs should now more accurately match animations. Common Rank 6 NPCs now drop more legendary drops than previouisly. Rank 6 chests have a higher chance to drop resplendent. Fixing issue in crafting window where it appeared you could craft more of an item after you had already crafted the maximum amount. Fix for the class changer popping up a window for everyone nearby when used. New community-submitted items from Ortish, qdarkness, Greymulkin, Gex, Ergonyx, and Tribe are in the game!

Do you have fun jumping from free game to free game testing out the new ones?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYMember UncommonPosts: 3,709
    Some of us love playing all different MMOs because we enjoy the genre.

• zastenzasten nowhereMember Posts: 283
    Is this game actually available, I signed up but so far have not found any  way to actually get it!
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,958
    Originally posted by zasten
    Is this game actually available, I signed up but so far have not found any  way to actually get it!

Every week there are alpha keys posted on reddit/r/trove, many folks just grab them there and get in.

Trion also does a weekly twitch stream every Friday - they always give away alpha there too.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,538
    Originally posted by AriesTiger
    Hey all. Exciting stuff in today's patch! The introduction of questing marks the start of a period of what I would call some 'very alpha' feature implementation. We're going to be adding pieces (maps, world cycling, dungeon quests) that augment this feature and as such we'll doing quite a bit of tuning over the next few weeks. So keep the feedback coming and keep in mind that there is more on the way. The Gunslinger is now available! Purchase it in the store for Source or Credits and change classes in town. Quests v0.1 are now in the game! Quests will notify you when one is nearby and will give experience, spawn a chest, and grant world stars on completion. When the star bar is filled all players who completed a quest will get 50 Source. Daily Source rewards reduced to 300 from 500. Dropped swords can again destroy grass. Chests will no longer be empty and all emblem types again drop. Robotic deco recipes now require 50 robotic salvage down from 100 Changed /suicide to /respawn There are now tutorial statues near the starting spawn location Monsters and mounts now have footstep sounds and VFX. The range of possible stats generated on resplendent- and shadow-rarity items have been squished together. Shadow items are now roughly the same quality as previous resplendent items, while resplendent items fall midway between relic and the new shadow. Basic attacks from NPCs should now more accurately match animations. Common Rank 6 NPCs now drop more legendary drops than previouisly. Rank 6 chests have a higher chance to drop resplendent. Fixing issue in crafting window where it appeared you could craft more of an item after you had already crafted the maximum amount. Fix for the class changer popping up a window for everyone nearby when used. New community-submitted items from Ortish, qdarkness, Greymulkin, Gex, Ergonyx, and Tribe are in the game!

Alot of people on this forum (me included) have tried out almost every single MMO. You find ones you enjoy and ones you do not, the reason I try out so many is because it keeps me enjoying the genre. Then I find one I truely enjoy and keep playing that one for a year or two. 

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,958
    Originally posted by AriesTiger

The days where I only play a single MMO have ended about 11 years ago for me.

I play lots of different games every week, I do have a few that Ive been playing for many years - EQ1 comes to mind - been playing on and off since March 1999.