Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imperials unlocked in game, is this proof?

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

You might be able to unlock Imperials in the game along with the CE.  Check this out:  http://imgur.com/InfxgU7

FWIW, i was 100% ok with the CE Imperial unlock but any race any faction thing bothers me.  And i never hardly complain about a game.  But i understand the game is not specifically made for me too.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

their marketing would make Smed proud

otherwise, this is kind of a deadhorse

I accept that Imperial race will always be an unlockable feature via cash post launch

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Unlocked in game not from a quest but I fear a item mall feature. I just hope that everything can be done without a item mall and even cosmetics and special features can be gotten in game as a Sub user. I hated the way WoW did Mounts/Pets this way. I hate to see it happen worse then that.

SNIP

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

Most mmo games I've played that offered CE bonuses (faster than normal mounts etc) gave them (or similar) to all players ingame later on.  They would be insane to offer these benefits with no other way for them to be available, which is why they won't do it.  My guess is that you will get these benefits once you cap 1 job or finish the story.

To me I think they are guilty of keeping the ingame method secret to push more CE sales but that's a far less horrible decision than making them CE only.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by amber-r

Most mmo games I've played that offered CE bonuses (faster than normal mounts etc) gave them (or similar) to all players ingame later on.  They would be insane to offer these benefits with no other way for them to be available, which is why they won't do it.  My guess is that you will get these benefits once you cap 1 job or finish the story.

To me I think they are guilty of keeping the ingame method secret to push more CE sales but that's a far less horrible decision than making them CE only.

It is true they do that, I really have little respect for companies that do this, it takes away any value of the product when they do this.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I see no issue with unlocking Imperials. The open faction option should only ever be a very limited choice. Perhaps the upgrade to it can be made available but ZOS could benefit from making it costly. Firstly for the $$$ and secondly to maintain some reasonable restriction to it's overall impact on the game. I can only assume that the majority of players still will not purchase such an option once pre-purchase options end.

You stay sassy!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Simple business economics:

If people refuse to purchase anything from a cash shop, it will go away. If people by like crazy from a cash shop it will expand.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee