Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reminiscent of Swtors pre launch.

DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
Anyone else worried? NDA is still up beta testers have only tested the first 20 levels or so. Something seems fishy to me. Anyone else feel the same?

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Comments

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Nah, I'm sure they'll just finish levels 20-50 post-launch and it'll take so long for anyone to level that nobody'll notice.

/sarcasm

Yes, fish is indeed what I smell.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Entinerint

Nah, I'm sure they'll just finish levels 20-50 post-launch and it'll take so long for anyone to level that nobody'll notice.

/sarcasm

Yes, fish is indeed what I smell.

Nice!

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    And the others.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    It seems Zenimax wants huge initial box sales, and not rely on their game to hold people. Thats what im getting from all the preorder CE crap.

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Anyone else worried? NDA is still up beta testers have only tested the first 20 levels or so. Something seems fishy to me. Anyone else feel the same?

I noticed you never have planned to play ESO.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

When you compare Carbine's informative approach to all things Wildstar to the way Zenimax has been handling ESO, I think it's pretty clear which developer has more confidence in the current state of their game.  

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

I noticed you never have planned to play ESO.

Actually I did. I just never updated my sig. So ok then. 

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    I know the Weekend Beta testers had 20 lvl cap but i hope you realise that there is a permanent Closed Beta going on like Wildstar but with very few people (like 500 or so). We don't know what their cap is. I think it's because the testers are so less and that the Keys for it go in upwards of $400 that we have seen pretty much no one break the NDA and hence no leaks except for one which was like months back.

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Personally, I 'know' that this is going to go exactly how GW2 went for me:

- Level up and play the story

- Hit Endgame

- Do some PvE and RvR

- Quit by month 3

Anyone who doesn't think this is the inevitable fate of at least 40% of the population base of Elder Scrolls Online is just fooling themselves.

Therefore I will wait till closer to launch and just buy the cheapest version of the game.

No game to date (other than that one game that had raiding) has managed to keep growing after the 3 month mark. Also, there will probably be many non-MMO alternatives waiting to be played for people who don't want to stick around since 2014 is going to be a crazy year for gaming (outside MMOs ofc)

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

doubt TESO will have the issues of SWTOR

or the "bait and switch" of Age of Conan starting area

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I guess some people still don't realize that there are two different types of beta going on: the occassional weekend warrior stress testers and the everyday beta.

And no, I was there for SWTOR pre-launch and Conan pre-launch... nothing like either of those two.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Razephon

Personally, I 'know' that this is going to go exactly how GW2 went for me:

- Level up and play the story

- Hit Endgame

- Do some PvE and RvR

- Quit by month 3

Anyone who doesn't think this is the inevitable fate of at least 40% of the population base of Elder Scrolls Online is just fooling themselves.

Therefore I will wait till closer to launch and just buy the cheapest version of the game.

No game to date (other than that one game that had raiding) has managed to keep growing after the 3 month mark. Also, there will probably be many non-MMO alternatives waiting to be played for people who don't want to stick around since 2014 is going to be a crazy year for gaming (outside MMOs ofc)

Doesn't the game apparently have some undisclosed PvE endgame in the Adventure zones?

As for cheapest versions, i don't think we will be getting less than 20-25% discount that we are getting right now which are all ending on the 31st. Hence, i just bought the Standard Edition. $48 is worth it imo even if i enjoy the game only for a month. Many non-MMOs are $60 which offer a max of 25-50 hour content.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by skyline385

$48 is worth it imo even if i enjoy the game only for a month. Many non-MMOs are $60 which offer a max of 25-50 hour content.

I had the same rational for AOC -- i did get my moneys worth despite not subbing

i think TESO will be better than AOC too

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    What would we do without so many experts telling us the truth! Thanks guys.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    It seems Zenimax wants huge initial box sales, and not rely on their game to hold people. Thats what im getting from all the preorder CE crap.

Is there a game company which sells games in boxes that doesn't want a hugh initial box sale?  Please list them for me as I am not aware that this was a standard way of thinking or that Zenimax is different in wanting hugh initial box sales.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Iselin

I guess some people still don't realize that there are two different types of beta going on: the occassional weekend warrior stress testers and the everyday beta.

And no, I was there for SWTOR pre-launch and Conan pre-launch... nothing like either of those two.

What the OP is doing is projecting his feelings from swtor onto ESO.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    EA tested BF4 pre-laumch as well and ....

What it screams -especially given the unethical CE antics (subscribers get it all!) Is buyer beware.

Wait a few days. No NDA post launch (consoles excluded.)
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

I was heavily emotionaly invested in SWToR, so that was really painful. ESO has little appeal to me, so I am not concerned. I'll wait for a couple of months after launch (july-ish) before checking it out and read the reviews from actual people before giving them a dime.

• SonOfValmarSonOfValmar Member Posts: 49

I am not sure about this being reminiscent of Swtors pre-launch simply because the hype surrounding this game is really nonexistent. I mean, you know this game exists as does many John Q. Public at large, but with the NDA still up and the relative silence surrounding this game it is very hard to gauge what the exact interest is.

I believe many people are still in the "day-dream" phase. What I mean by this is the public perception of this game is probably akin to what they played in Skyrim, as they have no real clue how this game really plays due to the NDA. Throw in the type of marketing that has been done to make this game seem like a regular (read: single player) Elder Scrolls experience with the added caveat of playing with friends its no wonder there isn't a true reaction to the game yet.

This pre-launch cannot be similar to Swtor's simply because the NDA is keeping people in the dark of what this game is actually offering. The public still has not had to see the reality of the game nor have they had to come to terms with how it matches (or falls short of) their imaginary version. Not only that, Zenimax is doing nothing to really hype up the game unlike what was happening with Bioware/Swtor.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Is there a game company which sells games in boxes that doesn't want a hugh initial box sale?  Please list them for me as I am not aware that this was a standard way of thinking or that Zenimax is different in wanting hugh initial box sales.

+1

Also wondering what gamecompany wants to develop a game and not rely on it to become succesfull?

• TinglySidewindaTinglySidewinda Member Posts: 21

Exactly how I feel about the game... went from pumped to very skeptical.

Pump those preorder sales asap!

ESO VS WILDSTAR... for me its WILDSTAR now.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151

I see similarities between the critique of SWTOR's choice to only use humanoid races, thus ruling out many of the iconic ones many was hoping to play as, and the critique of ESO's handling of races :P

But yeah, I don't think it is a nice treatment of your future players to keep the NDA running while luring them in with pre-orders. I've been burned by this several times before.. No wonder I begin to smell something fucky (hehe). I hope there isn't but I've been hurt before...

Originally posted by Calven

But yeah, I don't think it is a nice treatment of your future players to keep the NDA running while luring them in with pre-orders. I've been burned by this several times before.. No wonder I begin to smell something fucky (hehe). I hope there isn't but I've been hurt before...

Lemme give you a hammer , to NAIL THAT IN THE COFFIN!

Truth! LOL

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by TinglySidewinda
    Exactly how I feel about the game... went from pumped to very skeptical. Pump those preorder sales asap!  ESO VS WILDSTAR... for me its WILDSTAR now.

and that is based purely on the details of a pre-order lol

this shit is funny to me.

Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by TinglySidewinda
    Exactly how I feel about the game... went from pumped to very skeptical.

Pump those preorder sales asap!

ESO VS WILDSTAR... for me its WILDSTAR now.

and that is based purely on the details of a pre-order lol

this shit is funny to me.

Many past failed mmos, do the same thing... rush the preorders before people figure out whats going on... But my opinion is not purely based on the preorders.

This discussion has been closed.