Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The MMO industry is pathetic

2»

Comments

• SupaAPESupaAPE Member Posts: 100
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by EugeneKDudley

Well it seems to me the industry is panicking a bit in the sense what EQN is doing might catch on...And if it does looking at how popular minecraft is, a major paradigm shift is in the works, and the gaming industry which has done nothing terribly innovative since 2004 is starting to sweat a bit. of course this is speculation, and as much as I would love to see it change in this direction, we won't know for sure until EQN starts to make more waves.

The key player we want to watch is blizzard.... I feel they are already watching and reorganizing to keep ahead of the market trends if we have genre shift to sandbox hybrids, they'll want be market leaders and corner that market fast before others start the process of cloning them and EQN.

Except Blizzard doesn't keep ahead of the market trends. Their entire success is based around copying existing market trends, and polishing the crap outa them w/ massive budgets. No doubt about it, though. If there's a succesful new sandbox paradigm, Blizzard will try to copy it. They already know their popular IPs have a time stamp on it, and they need to start a new one to keep the money going. Hearthstone was just the first step (though it's not an entirely new IP). 

Who cares who copies who really? At the end of the day i'd imagine most people on these boards just want good games and couldn't give a flying hoot who copied who. All these games will be similar, it's all about seperating the turds from the Gold.

Blizzard make good games from  a programming and development standpoint, nobody really comes close to that. EQN is looking mighty hot though and it is the sole reason "Titan" got delayed. EQN just too damn HOT right now.

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Arglebargle
    Originally posted by supertouchme
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Clywd
    Originally posted by evilastro
    And you are basing this little rant on what exactly?

Maybe on all the information that SOE published so far?

Clearly not, since he thinks it will have waypoints like GW2.

As for grouping, there is basically next to nothing known about grouping in the game yet,[mod edit]

I'm pretty sure they've confirmed that there's no encounter-locking mechanism in place and that loot will be shared. Basically, you'll be able to deliver a single blow to someone's mob and receive credit.

What other positives about the game would you like to share?

It's a positive feature if it worked. The way it's intended, everyone receives equal or scaled credit for participation. But the reality is that it's exploited by people running around tagging mobs in DEs and taking off without really helping, leaving others to do all the work.

Unless them 'tagging' the mobs actually increases the amount of work I have to do in taking it down, what do I care?

I'm here to play a game.  If they want to do something else, I couldn't care less until it actually affects my gameplay.