Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Love MMORPG's!

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

So I have been buying and playing every P2P and F2P MMO since 1996. In the past few years I have come to realize one thing.

There is no point for me to read reviews or other players opinions on MMO's. I will end up buying and trying or downloading for free and trying the game anyways. To me, it isn't a waste of money because I love discovering new worlds and new games because I can see first hand how MMO's have evolved or how they haven't. 

I will give this game a solid shot. I will be giving Wildstar a shot and any other MMO releasing in 2014. And any other MMO releasing ever, until I die. I love MMORPG's.

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,614Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Raserei

So I have been buying and playing every P2P and F2P MMO since 1996. In the past few years I have come to realize one thing.

There is no point for me to read reviews or other players opinions on MMO's. I will end up buying and trying or downloading for free and trying the game anyways. To me, it isn't a waste of money because I love discovering new worlds and new games because I can see first hand how MMO's have evolved or how they haven't. 

I will give this game a solid shot. I will be giving Wildstar a shot and any other MMO releasing in 2014. And any other MMO releasing ever, until I die. I love MMORPG's.

+1... and that's the honest truth.

Not playing a new AAA MMO if you're an MMO hobbyist is FU'd

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,554Member Uncommon
    I think some people are making such a big deal out the race thing, its just funny to me. 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Elmira, ONPosts: 2,499Member Uncommon

+1 

Regardless of the debate of CE of Imperial version, the game will likely be worth a play through. These days, most people will be able to play through this content in a month. So buy the bloody standard edition, play through it, and if it's worth your coin, you can pay to expand your experience. Otherwise you just move on. 

I'm in much the same boat as you, I'll play this through, but I also have WoD coming up and Wildstar on the horizon also. Plus, some crazy console titles like Witcher 3 and Destiny. There's no shortage of quality games to play.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• baphametbaphamet omaha, NEPosts: 2,838Member Uncommon

i agree with you, i don't listen to anyone's opinions here good or bad. i come here to discover new mmo's being developed and for the facts. if a game sounds interesting to me, i buy it and give it a shot.

i don't play them all though, like wildstar for example. i might try that game eventually if it is really successful but i am just not a fan of the art style.

i am a huge EQ fan and not too exited about EQN anymore for the same reason, but at least that game is F2P so i will get to check it out regardless.

• curacura WarsawPosts: 950Member Uncommon
    I bought few games based on random people opinions and everytime it turned out that gameplay videos didnt lie. So yeah, it better to judge things by yourself.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Rochester, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon

Rift was reviewed "well" at its launch. I dropped that shit after a mere 5 mins of play.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Brockton, MAPosts: 231Member Uncommon
      I can assure everyone a Poop sandwich will taste like poop. If the game does well after launch, then I'll invest my time and money. Is there any real benefit to being one of the firsts?  If anything it is probably better to wait a month or so AFTER launch, why not? where's the game gonna go? Look at SWTOR, if I had waited  I would have saved $60.
  • keithiankeithian Los Angeles, CAPosts: 3,042Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by superconducting

Rift was reviewed "well" at its launch. I dropped that shit after a mere 5 mins of play.

Rift would have been such a great game if it was released in 2005 :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABPosts: 2,126Member Uncommon
    It does indeed amaze me how much effort so many people put into stopping themselves from trying new things in order to formulate their own opinion.

You stay sassy!

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

That's how ya' do it.

I'm a research-a-holic.

Look what I found - it says crafting is going to let you break down items too - squeee.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1924

"

Where do crafters get their resources in ESO?

Crafters can gather plants and other raw materials, and they can loot items from various locations. They can also deconstruct anything, including items they have already crafted, in order to recover some resources and possibly discover new recipes.

"

Who needs hype men, I'm my own.