Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

POLL: Now that you know the deal, what are your purchase plans for ESO?

Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarrePosts: 3,540Member Uncommon
See poll and title.

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2, The Crew, SotA

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO, SW:TOR and GW2.

----------------

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

Comments

• DarkWaysDarkWays Burton, MIPosts: 31Member

All those who pre-order or pre-purchase either the Imperial Edition or the Standard Edition in physical or digital formats will also receive The Explorer's Pack bonus at launch, which includes: Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps, and the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance. Early Access bonuses will also be offered to those pre-ordering or pre-purchasing a PC/Mac version.  Copied from the BethesdaSoftworksUK youtube page from The arrival cinematic trailer.

• RuienRuien Durant, OKPosts: 39Member

I pre-ordered the digital Imp edition. I am really happy about it as well. The price is inline with other digital deluxe offers from other games and I think i am getting my money's worth.

The very best thing about it tho is, I wont be playing with most of the people from this site going by your poll. That alone would have made me throw money at the game. It being a sub game is another reason.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Puyallup, WAPosts: 2,198Member
    Should have had two different "won't buy" options, one for people who were never planning to buy, and one for people who are only planning not to buy after the editions and pre order bonuses were announced.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,498Member Uncommon
    One thing I'll say is that the boxed Imperial edition is a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be.
  • MibletMiblet BognerPosts: 333Member

Quite possibly not pre-order and purchase after launch depending on how things pan out.  I did enjoy the time I had with it but <NDA>.

NDA still being in effect is really awful now, given people are now parting with their cash.

• killion81killion81 A City, MIPosts: 985Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ruien

I pre-ordered the digital Imp edition. I am really happy about it as well. The price is inline with other digital deluxe offers from other games and I think i am getting my money's worth.

The very best thing about it tho is, I wont be playing with most of the people from this site going by your poll. That alone would have made me throw money at the game. It being a sub game is another reason.

You should buy the $500 lifetime subscription offer when it comes out too!  That's less that 3 years sub price!  No way it will go box price + cash shop (and no sub) within 6 months!

In the interest of full disclosure, I agree with justifiable subscriptions on MMORPGs and believe they are the best payment method for this specific type of service.  However, I completely disagree with cash grab shadiness.

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Should have had two different "won't buy" options, one for people who were never planning to buy, and one for people who are only planning not to buy after the editions and pre order bonuses were announced.

Why? Fact remains that they will not be purchasing?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Well just passed 20 votes and just less than half are not interested in game so far.  I find this to be on par for what I would expect.  Some people will switch sides from one to the other as the the games launch comes and goes but I do not think that a bad number of such a judgemental group as us MMORPG fans as a whole.

I am more curious about the non MMORPG fans out there with their new Xbox One or PS4 who will likely see this as a new "elder scrolls" game.  I know my kids are very excited about the idea.

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by CazNeerg

Why? Fact remains that they will not be purchasing?

Given the timing of the poll, it seems like a relevant distinction.

The Force shall free me.

• AvarixAvarix Chicago, ILPosts: 378Member Uncommon

I agree that they are in fact getting rid of a certain audience with the decisions they have made. I just think the audience throwing money at the game now are the ones I would not enjoy playing a game with.

Originally posted by Miblet

Quite possibly not pre-order and purchase after launch depending on how things pan out.  I did enjoy the time I had with it but .

NDA still being in effect is really awful now, given people are now parting with their cash.

I completely agree with this. NDA should of been lifted before they started accepting orders. 

• phantomghostphantomghost Atlanta, GAPosts: 692Member Uncommon

Digital Imperial Edition.

I have spent more than $80 on a game to find I do not like it in the past... I think I will survive losing 2 hours of my life to pay for the game.

photo SIG_zpszteuyd0ejpg
  • GrixxittGrixxitt New Orleans, LAPosts: 543Member

Normal digital edition.

Not really into the whole Roman/Imperial thing, so the only thing I would get over the normal edition is a horse, and a digital horse isn't worth 20$ to me.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Originally posted by Avarix

I agree that they are in fact getting rid of a certain audience with the decisions they have made. I just think the audience throwing money at the game now are the ones I would not enjoy playing a game with.

Quite possibly not pre-order and purchase after launch depending on how things pan out.  I did enjoy the time I had with it but .

I completely agree with this. NDA should of been lifted before they started accepting orders. 

Why would they lift a NDA when it does not benefit them in anyway?  Happy people are often quiet while unhappy people are the loudest.

• fistormfistorm Smalltown, WIPosts: 836Member Common
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    See poll and title.

I will be buying the collectors edtion.    For only 20 bucks more you get the race choices, which is just like paying for the first month which is the 30 day free trial anyways.

• JyiigaJyiiga Seneca, SCPosts: 1,041Member Uncommon

I didn't think I would buy it till I got to the PVP.

After experiencing that though... CE version cause I want the statue (I have a collection of them) and I will laminate and hang the map up.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,498Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    See poll and title.

LOL CROOKED POLL.   I can tell you the results already,   90% I'm not going to buy the game and 10% buying collectors edition.

Wheres the I'm going to buy a STANDARD EDITION.    Your putting a small amount of people who are going to buy a collectors edition up against....     people who are not going to buy the game, without having a STANDARD edition in it (Which most people will buy a Standard Edtiton)  

I will be buying the collectors edtion. 

Question is in the title

Pre-order PC Boxed imperial edition. - 12.8%

Pre-order PC Boxed standard edition. - 2.1%

Pre-order PC Digital imperial edition. - 19.1%

Pre-order PC Digital standard edition. - 14.9%

Pre-order Console imperial edition. - 2.1%

Pre-order Console standard edition. - 2.1%

I won't pre-order, but I may buy later. - 10.6%

I will not buy this game at all. - 36.2%

Based on 47 votes.

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon

I don't think I'll be getting any special edition. The last two MMOs I did the pre-order getting a few perks but I wanted to slow down in case they change their strategy like the last one did.

I think my concern that companies aren't always trustworthy in this field is making me anxious enough to avoid day 1.

Oh sure I'll be behind some but I was going to wait months before jumping into a new game after the last 2. This one I'm giving a break and buying early enough that it can show it on the first quarter because it's sub based. In future, I'd like to wait 6 mos. to make sure these games aren't going free after I bought the box and got into the game just to have it change into a "hey, this is on sale for 1.00, that's on special for 2.50, buy now!" interruption fest.

I am however tempted, being any race in any faction sure would open up the possibilities of what I could do and possibly make me wanted and a rarity on another side. Then again, I can't even choose a faction at all yet due to my own self being indecisive, why do I need this extra choice to make lol

I said I would wait on the last game too then gave in and got bored one night then bought it digitally so take that for what it's worth. I've been MMO-less for a good 6mos. or more so I might give in early - depends on how much I want to rebel against myself and my own rules.

• AvarixAvarix Chicago, ILPosts: 378Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DarkWays

Why would they lift a NDA when it does not benefit them in anyway?  Happy people are often quiet while unhappy people are the loudest.

So that players can make an informed decision. Someone walking away from the game based on what it actually is, and without spending a dime,  will garner them no bad press. An outraged player feeling tricked, after spending money, has kept these forums alive for many years. 

If you have a solid product it speaks for itself. All this secrecy and the major pre-ordering perks should make people weary.

• MibletMiblet BognerPosts: 333Member

By not lifting the NDA prior to taking money you appear to be hiding something.  Whether you are or not is irrelevant, the perception will do the damage.

Just like in the movie industry, if a film halts any reviews of the product, or pre-screening you can bet there is something worrying them, and if it worries them it sure as hell should worry you, the consumer.

Did they walk back the faction lock? That was the first big hurdle for me.

There wasn't a voting option for "didn't get in beta yet and won't buy a game without trying it first," so i'm waiting without much optimism for an open beta or a trial period after launch.

If you pre-order.

• eldariseldaris LondonPosts: 349Member

Unless things change regarding preorders - not buying it. I was interested in faction vs faction and this preorder thing means that faction pride will be non existent, like in rift or guild wars 2. Also forcing players to preorder if they want to play their favourite race but in a different faction is just a sign that developers don't have a clear vision for the game so anything will be for sale sooner or later. If they can change their mind like this about factions how much until they make the game f2p (not that I have problems with f2p but some people have a dislike for it) ?

Forgot about not lifting NDA before allowing preorder - this combined with how much they push people to preorder is enough to show how much trust the developers have in the staying power of their game.

• killion81killion81 A City, MIPosts: 985Member Uncommon

By not lifting the NDA prior to taking money you appear to be hiding something.  Whether you are or not is irrelevant, the perception will do the damage.

Just like in the movie industry, if a film halts any reviews of the product, or pre-screening you can bet there is something worrying them, and if it worries them it sure as hell should worry you, the consumer.

Did they walk back the faction lock? That was the first big hurdle for me.

There wasn't a voting option for "didn't get in beta yet and won't buy a game without trying it first," so i'm waiting without much optimism for an open beta or a trial period after launch.

If you pre-order.

The perception they are hiding something will harm them far less than videos of a garbage game all over the internet.  I haven't played in the beta and I haven't agreed to any NDA terms.  I have no idea if the game is any good, but I seriously doubt it's more than a huge cash grab at this point.  You would think if the game was awesome, they'd want testers filling the internet with that sentiment.

• Birdy1988Birdy1988 adf, MSPosts: 14Member

Well just passed 20 votes and just less than half are not interested in game so far.  I find this to be on par for what I would expect.  Some people will switch sides from one to the other as the the games launch comes and goes but I do not think that a bad number of such a judgemental group as us MMORPG fans as a whole.

I am more curious about the non MMORPG fans out there with their new Xbox One or PS4 who will likely see this as a new "elder scrolls" game.  I know my kids are very excited about the idea.

... "us mmo fans" I hate to break it to you, but this forum is not anything to do with MMO fans, its mmo whiners desperatly searching for their prefered "fix" ... nothing but complaining, critism and negativity if the game does a few things wrong.... these are more like niche people here taht don't find any comfort in modern MMOs, that want a niche... thats no more a fan than the people who will play ES regardless of these MINOR issues.

seriously.... our group of freinds were annoyed by the race limit... this fixes that, granted pre-order form sucks.... but my god, something as trivial as that not to play through what will likely be a decent experience?

what else have you got? EQN in 2015? Star Citizen and Moba's laughinly being labeled as MMOs on this backwards website? a bunch of indie games with new ideas but horrible production values to the point where they are not fun to play regardless of their fresh ideas?

The new ultima online that looks so dated Iquestion how anyone can get immersed.

but yea.... ESO is now bin material because of pre-order bonuses....

need to get your heads screwed back on.

The phrase "cash grab" needs to be banned from this website.  Companies exist to make money.  All games are a cash grab.

The Force shall free me.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Lufkin, TXPosts: 429Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Birdy1988

... "us mmo fans" I hate to break it to you, but this forum is not anything to do with MMO fans, its mmo whiners desperatly searching for their prefered "fix" ... nothing but complaining, critism and negativity if the game does a few things wrong.... these are more like niche people here taht don't find any comfort in modern MMOs, that want a niche... thats no more a fan than the people who will play ES regardless of these MINOR issues.

seriously.... our group of freinds were annoyed by the race limit... this fixes that, granted pre-order form sucks.... but my god, something as trivial as that not to play through what will likely be a decent experience?

what else have you got? EQN in 2015? Star Citizen and Moba's laughinly being labeled as MMOs on this backwards website? a bunch of indie games with new ideas but horrible production values to the point where they are not fun to play regardless of their fresh ideas?

The new ultima online that looks so dated Iquestion how anyone can get immersed.

but yea.... ESO is now bin material because of pre-order bonuses....

need to get your heads screwed back on.

whole-heartedly agree.

• HarikenHariken Brighton, MAPosts: 980Member Uncommon
    For me Elderscrolls games are singleplayer not mmo's. I won't be wasting my money on this. I will wait for the next Elderscrolls singleplayer to come out. And it looks like 2014 will be a good year for open world free roaming singleplayer RPG's. Do a Google search for up coming RPG'S games this year.