Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preorder ESO: Play any race in any alliance.

Comments

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by DJProfK

I don't know how so many are suprised.

The game been riddled with nonsense since the early talks just about everything in the game.

Just forget about the game, and let it become F2P in less than a year if you really want to try it.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the reason why Beth said during Morrowind times, and later on on Oblivion times... "No online Elder Scrolls ever" for a reason. Nothing seems right on this game branded with the ES name.

Honestly,I rather think with my brain and try the game now, especially since playing the beta has showed me how many idiots post absolute bullshit on this forum.

Hell, I made a list of people who to never trust and there is still space in it

On this site, it's better to assume everyone is lying and that they should not be trusted whether they support your view or rage against it. 

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I don't even have words....

Why couldn't they, from the start just make a game with 3 alliances that was not race locked or zone locked?

Like really, They came out with a terrible idea from the games inception only to flip-flop on nearly everything.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by DAS1337

As it is in life, things aren't always that simple.  Though I see where you ignored logic to get someone to laugh.

The intelligent people will recognize that it has nothing to do with the decision to allow it, nor does it have anything to do with the people who wanted it.   

It has everything to do with the fact that it should have been implemented day one of development.  The lore should have supported it, rather than directly going against it entirely.  They would have had so many different options on how to display the choice of alliance to the player.  The vast majority of the early game would likely have been different.  Now, you'll be born into an alliance as an 'enemy race', with no explanation as to how that came about in your story line.   

Some people like the immersive factor of an experience.  This really hurts immersion.  The lore in this story does not support the reality in the game.  Imperial enemy, racial alliances, now making completely no sense.  And no additional story to explain the change.  People aren't bitching about playing imperials or any race in any faction as much as they are bitching that it makes zero sense and it appears that ZOS is trying to literally steal our money in a P2W fashion. 

Though, I don't suspect that will make sense to some people.  Sometimes, I've learned that no amount of logic and reason can sway certain groups of people.

Born into the Alliance? Have you not played the game?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by muffins89

"Zenimax,  let us play any race in any alliance!!!"

"No."

"Boo.  you guys are so stupid."

"Ok,  you can play any race in any alliance."

"Boo.  you guys are so stuipid."

Exactly, ty...... There damned if they do and damned if they don't. Some people I think just bitch to hear themselves bitch.........

Originally posted by laserit

There are traitors all through history. To me this makes the game world and lore more believable.

I actually like it

Traitors would be one thing, but every faction that you will play is going to have whatever TES race is the most popular.  Which means, if it's Nords at this point, You'll have Nords vs Nords vs Nords and some other races.  It actually doesn't make sense if you ACTUALLY think about it.  If the alliances weren't built on racial alliances, then it would make sense.  The lore tells us this fact.  The lore tells us we are fighting Imperials.  Except that it isn't true now.  Now we are fighting player imperials and alliances aren't locked to races from the beginning.  That is the exact opposite of the lore.

Just because it is a TES game, doesn't mean you need to be a blind follower no matter what choice they make.

Same argument they were using to rage against the faction lock.  This isn't an issue with Zeni doing what they want, its an issue of so many people demanding their be no racial lock.  The players have no one to blame but the players for Zeni feeling like they had to cave in to the player's demands.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    I like this idea a lot, however I don't know if it should be a pre-order bonus.  I liked in EQ2 that you could do a "betrayal quest" that would switch you from Qeynos to Freeport or vice versa.  If I remember correctly the quest was fairly lengthy and challenging and felt extremely rewarding when I got my Dark Elf dirge over to the "good guys" in qeynos.   Hell I could even remain an exile and claim alliance to no faction if I so choose.

C

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Coldren
    Originally posted by kilun
    I'm guessing the "Explorer's pack" will be a MTX option if you do not pre-order for late bloomers into the game.

I agree.

And everyone, take note:

Not every single person of every single race decided to ally exactly as set up. The governing bodies that REPRESENT each race made that decision, not individuals who share a collective bias.

Governments can act one way, but individuals can always act another.

That is NOT the point.  The point is, the lore says nothing about this.  The point is, why force people to pay for imperials and the option to play as any race?  The point is, you add that to the original game and don't ask people to pay for something that a lot of people wanted.  The point is, design the game from the start to support this.  

You are focusing on something that isn't the issue.  

Originally posted by CazNeerg

As it is in life, things aren't always that simple.  Though I see where you ignored logic to get someone to laugh.

The intelligent people will recognize that it has nothing to do with the decision to allow it, nor does it have anything to do with the people who wanted it.   

It has everything to do with the fact that it should have been implemented day one of development.  The lore should have supported it, rather than directly going against it entirely.  They would have had so many different options on how to display the choice of alliance to the player.  The vast majority of the early game would likely have been different.  Now, you'll be born into an alliance as an 'enemy race', with no explanation as to how that came about in your story line.   

Some people like the immersive factor of an experience.  This really hurts immersion.  The lore in this story does not support the reality in the game.  Imperial enemy, racial alliances, now making completely no sense.  And no additional story to explain the change.  People aren't bitching about playing imperials or any race in any faction as much as they are bitching that it makes zero sense and it appears that ZOS is trying to literally steal our money in a P2W fashion. 

Though, I don't suspect that will make sense to some people.  Sometimes, I've learned that no amount of logic and reason can sway certain groups of people.

Born into the Alliance? Have you not played the game?

Yes, I have, and yes, you are.  I won't go into details, but you choose an alliance and race before you even step foot into the world.  If you say otherwise, you're an absolute liar.

Originally posted by nationalcity

"No."

Exactly, ty...... There damned if they do and damned if they don't. Some people I think just bitch to hear themselves bitch.........

Welcome to the MMORPG.COM forums!  Were we have bitches to bitch about your bitches bitching about bitches.  Also I think there's occasionally a new article.... I think.

Not trying to say any of  you are.  It just seems like that is the forum culture here.

Yes, I have, and yes, you are.  I won't go into details, but you choose an alliance and race before you even step foot into the world.  If you say otherwise, you're an absolute liar.

Born would imply that your character was actually birthed and grew up in the alliance.  As far as I know, we have absolutely no knowledge of the player character's history prior to the start of the game.

The Force shall free me.

Originally posted by Nitth

Why couldn't they, from the start just make a game with 3 alliances that was not race locked or zone locked?

Like really, They came out with a terrible idea from the games inception only to flip-flop on nearly everything.

Exactly.

And imagine how pumped everyone would have been if they designed the game from the start this way.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

"No."

Personally I'm not bitching.  I think the change makes the game more TES-like, and to me that's a good thing.

For me, it's just that the news was unexpected.  I'm genuinely surprised that either this was kept a secret, or it was a last-minute change.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by nationalcity

"No."

I know this is hard to fathom but there is more than one group of gamers,in fact there a numerous ones and it's mostly different groups complaining than before with a little overlap.

Personally while I PREFER distinct factions including races in a game that is going to include RVR,I can live with the factions being generic race wise.What I don't like is that this move makes all the reasons they stated to justify races being faction locked a bunch of lies and it was clearly just for monetisation.That makes me not trust the developer/publisher and not want to give them money because of that.

Originally posted by Pyatra

There are traitors all through history. To me this makes the game world and lore more believable.

I actually like it

Traitors would be one thing, but every faction that you will play is going to have whatever TES race is the most popular.  Which means, if it's Nords at this point, You'll have Nords vs Nords vs Nords and some other races.  It actually doesn't make sense if you ACTUALLY think about it.  If the alliances weren't built on racial alliances, then it would make sense.  The lore tells us this fact.  The lore tells us we are fighting Imperials.  Except that it isn't true now.  Now we are fighting player imperials and alliances aren't locked to races from the beginning.  That is the exact opposite of the lore.

Just because it is a TES game, doesn't mean you need to be a blind follower no matter what choice they make.

Same argument they were using to rage against the faction lock.  This isn't an issue with Zeni doing what they want, its an issue of so many people demanding their be no racial lock.  The players have no one to blame but the players for Zeni feeling like they had to cave in to the player's demands.

No, the developers are to blame.  As a developer, it's your responsibility to listen to your consumers.  However, it isn't your responsibility to do everything that your consumers want.  Especially so because the vast majority of your consumers actually don't know what they want.  We didn't make ZOS change something like this.  They actually made the choice.

If I ask you to kill someone for years, and you finally do it, does that mean I'm to blame and you walk free?  No.  

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

"No."

Pretty much.

how does this break lore?  the game is about 3 warring factions.  this changes nothing.  there are still....3 warring factions.  your telling me that 100% of a race goes all-in,  packs up,  and moves to their racial lands in war times?  100% of a race agrees with what their leaders are doing?  as far as back story.  use your imagination.  I myself don't need a story handed to me on a silver platter for things to make sense.

Born would imply that your character was actually birthed and grew up in the alliance.  As far as I know, we have absolutely no knowledge of the player character's history prior to the start of the game.

You are simply trying to twist the argument in a technical manner to troll me.  Not going to happen.  I've been around long enough to see what you are doing.  People who have no argument often use this and personal attacks as a last resort.  Go contemplate your failures with someone else.

I actually like it

No, the developers are to blame.  As a developer, it's your responsibility to listen to your consumers.  However, it isn't your responsibility to do everything that your consumers want.  Especially so because the vast majority of your consumers actually don't know what they want.  We didn't make ZOS change something like this.  They actually made the choice.

If I ask you to kill someone for years, and you finally do it, does that mean I'm to blame and you walk free?  No.  

Actually in the US that has happened on several occasion, you just need to testify against the person who repeatedly asked you.  Happens all the time in organized crime trials. In fact a recent high profile one in Florida to mention the most recent one.

MURICA!

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Nitth

Are you really surprised? I mean really?

They have been doing this since last years PAC in an attempt to do damage control with the greater TES community. They went so far as to say that they added first person view to make the game more like TES.......seriously, it was one of the LEAST missing pieces yet they made this huge thing over it like "Look, its TES now!".

The game is DaoC in a TES skin, its like that at its CORE, there is going to be no getting away from it with most TES fans and they don't get it!

Its what happens when you put someone in charge that seems as if he has learned NOTHING in terms of game development since his only video game, DaoC.

Think about that........Firor has only made DaoC. His BBS game Tempest had no graphics and guess what? had three realms. 

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

"No."

Pretty much.

how does this break lore?  the game is about 3 warring factions.  this changes nothing.  there are still....3 warring factions.  your telling me that 100% of a race goes all-in,  packs up,  and moves to their racial lands in war times?  100% of a race agrees with what their leaders are doing?  as far as back story.  use your imagination.  I myself don't need a story handed to me on a silver platter for things to make sense.

Three warring factions that are RACIALLY divided.  That's what the lore said.  This is how they were portraying it at every single turn.  No, I'm sure there are betrayers.  I'm sure, that certainly makes sense.  However, there wouldn't be a lot.  Not only that, those betrayers would be shunned by the vast majority of the alliance.  Do you see that happening too?  No.  

Compared to the bulk of the alliance, the other races would be nothing but a speck in population compared to the others.  

it doesn't even matter.  Now it is quite possible that an alliance could be overtaken by races that aren't even supposed to be according to the lore.  The lore says that the Daggerfall Covenant is comprised of Orcs, RedGuard, and Bretons.  Now, it's highly likely that the Daggerfall Covenant is going to be comprised of mostly the most popular races in the game.  As will the other alliances.  

Now.  You tell me how that makes sense according to RACIAL ALLIANCE LORE.  You can't.

You are simply trying to twist the argument in a technical manner to troll me.  Not going to happen.  I've been around long enough to see what you are doing.  People who have no argument often use this and personal attacks as a last resort.  Go contemplate your failures with someone else.

Are you seriously not understanding my point?  In the scenario where a character is literally born into a faction, it makes sense he would be loyal to it, you are correct there.  In a hypothetical scenario where a character whose history we know nothing about is tossed by magic to a random location, it makes sense he would do what he has to do to prosper in that location, regardless of what his race happens to be.

The Force shall free me.

I actually like it

Actually in the US that has happened on several occasion, you just need to testify against the person who repeatedly asked you.  Happens all the time in organized crime trials. In fact a recent high profile one in Florida to mention the most recent one.

MURICA!

There is always an exception to a rule.  Thanks for saying something we already knew.  

Something people in this thread are failing to take into account; they already announced that part of endgame is being able to play your character through the other faction's storylines.  Which means they already had any race in any faction, they just made you play to 50 to unlock it on a character by character basis.  The pre-order just let's you start out with the combo you want, rather than making you level to 50 to get it.  It's not a new feature, it's a faster way of accessing a feature that was already there.

The Force shall free me.

Are you seriously not understanding my point?  In the scenario where a character is literally born into a faction, it makes sense he would be loyal to it, you are correct there.  In a hypothetical scenario where a character whose history we know nothing about is tossed by magic to a random location, it makes sense he would do what he has to do to prosper in that location, regardless of what his race happens to be.

We have nothing in lore to support this.  You are grasping at straws to try and not lose an argument and now you have completely changed the topic in an attempt to be right.  How much are they paying you to abandon all logic and reason?

We have nothing in lore to support this.  You are grasping at straws to try and not lose an argument and now you have completely changed the topic in an attempt to be right.  How much are they paying you to abandon all logic and reason?

Ha, ha.  As soon as the NDA drops people will know how hard you are trolling.

The Force shall free me.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

"No."

Pretty much.

Three warring factions that are RACIALLY divided.  That's what the lore said.  This is how they were portraying it at every single turn.  No, I'm sure there are betrayers.  I'm sure, that certainly makes sense.  However, there wouldn't be a lot.  Not only that, those betrayers would be shunned by the vast majority of the alliance.  Do you see that happening too?  No.  

Compared to the bulk of the alliance, the other races would be nothing but a speck in population compared to the others.  

it doesn't even matter.  Now it is quite possible that an alliance could be overtaken by races that aren't even supposed to be according to the lore.  The lore says that the Daggerfall Covenant is comprised of Orcs, RedGuard, and Bretons.  Now, it's highly likely that the Daggerfall Covenant is going to be comprised of mostly the most popular races in the game.  As will the other alliances.  

Now.  You tell me how that makes sense according to RACIAL ALLIANCE LORE.  You can't.

they are geographically divided.