Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Preorders Open On Official & Other Retail Sites

124»

Comments

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by anwar

If you buy a box and pay a monthly fee you should get absolutely everything that game has to offer ... everything, no matter how "cosmetic" or "you can get anyway if you grind enough".  That includes collectors editions, which, if you really have to have the silly things, should only have things like a spiffy art book and a nice figurine and a tee shirt.... NOTHING usable in game.  Cosmetics and raising money for horses and special races are all part of the game and buying the box and having a monthly fee should be enough.

Greed is going to kill PC MMORPG gaming.... if it hasn't already.

This.

The funny thing is that Matt Firor agreed with you up until a week or so ago.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by Searias
    Originally posted by anwar

If you buy a box and pay a monthly fee you should get absolutely everything that game has to offer ... everything, no matter how "cosmetic" or "you can get anyway if you grind enough".  That includes collectors editions, which, if you really have to have the silly things, should only have things like a spiffy art book and a nice figurine and a tee shirt.... NOTHING usable in game.  Cosmetics and raising money for horses and special races are all part of the game and buying the box and having a monthly fee should be enough.

Greed is going to kill PC MMORPG gaming.... if it hasn't already.

You can thank F2P MMOs and the F2P players for that :P. If all MMOs was P2P like the glory days of MMOs you probably would not see micro-transactions now.

Because it's the F2P players' (who come to the game after it goes F2P from P2P) fault that the game goes F2P? The logic used here is mind-boggling.

lol, i see that differently........games go F2P because most of the gamers are just cheap and want everything for free (but then after a while complain that this free game does not have enough content right??).

funny stuff these forums sometimes :)

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by Kreeture
    [mod edit]

Is really entitlement to get your money's worth out of a product? Are people really cheap with their money? Or perhaps they don't want to be suckered into getting milked left and right?

I believe that most of the people who are complaining do like the IP and the game. Unfortunately however, it seems that the game is taking the route other games in the past took that led to huge disappointments, considering the potential.

There are two concerns that spring to mind with past examples of other games to serve as warnings. The first concern is one of retention. Two games immediately come to mind, SW:TOR and TSW, both good games, one of them a huge IP, neither of them able to remain a subscription title. ESO shares similar traits with a third game, GW2, but that was never a subscription game to begin with.

The whole build of the game raises concerns of longevity, which brings us to the second concern. Is the pre-order bonuses a cash grab? I was about to order the digital deluxe edition, when I saw what was offered. The first thing that came to mind was "oh no, not another NWN cash grab, not another game selling races at premium price". I got burned once, and from that moment on I refuse to touch anything related to Cryptic (they seem to be the masters of the zero lifespan mmos). So here we are, with an unexpected deal that I would expect from a shadier developer.

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. On one hand I like the game, the IP and the whole art style and feel. If it wasn't for the specific offerings, I would have ordered the game already. On the other hand, I absolutely don't want to support cash grabs in any form. Especially when they come from the people that adopted the subscription model, supposedly, to prevent such cash grabs from happening. I guess I still have plenty of time to make up my mind, one way or the other.

(Though tbh, if Witcher 3 was out, after this pre order fiasco, I would have ignored ESO completely.)

• georgepapageorgepapa Member Posts: 1
    can a PC member  play with a Family member using X-Box 1