Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes, January 29th

CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member Common

Weather finally in again, yeah.
Lets hope its not as desynched as in DF1.

Duel system. Can't wait to test it.

74 new Environments? Whatever it is, i am excited.

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member Common

Here is a short video showing the functionality of the "duel" feature.

See the video description for further explanation.

• HolophonistHolophonist Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,086Member Uncommon
    Cool additions but they need to release chaos. The weather is pretty awesome though.
  • LustmordLustmord Mt. Gilead, OHPosts: 1,101Member Uncommon
    A convenient and secure way to make money off dueling is an amazing addition.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member

I thought DF:UW is FFA full loot PvP, why is there a need to implement "duell2 fucntionality.

isn't te constant PvP with looting everything on the oponent already good enough?

The answer is no. this shows the current PvP is meaningless and developer try to implement a litle bit of meaning.

But the rest of the game still offers meaningless PvP...and still nothing is done about the real problem of DF, the lack of sandbox.

$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

step by step.

there's a lot of stuff in the working that goes into the right direction making the game better.

next village system upgrade will introduce territorial control.

sieges will be more interesting in the future, since AV is working on different kinds of deployable objects, like barricades etc.

the reintroduction of deployable cannons was the first tiny step of this.

It might take long (too long for some maybe) but since the december patches DFUW got better with every patch and i am already having a blast again everyday (after 2 months of unsubscribing because the game was lacking to many things back then).

If you're in an active clan then DFUW offers a lot already; you just have to do it. (we are busy all day with village capping/defending/stealing, dungeon runs, pvp training in duels, ...)

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

This patch came out of left field.  It was not mentioned nor discussed in the MVP forums.   The weather effects are pretty nice and adds a lot of immersion to the game.  I don't give a crap about the dueling feature but a lot of people seem to like it.  A few in our clan have been making a lot of money from the duels.

AV does have some very awesome things in the works though, but talk is cheap.  We need the stuff implemented.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,627Member Uncommon
    Man, with the latest mvp recap, i know DF UW is going back in the right direction so i'm not worried.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal
    Man, with the latest mvp recap, i know DF UW is going back in the right direction so i'm not worried.

You're welcome said in a tongue in cheek way

Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

Here is a little example of the recently patched in weather system in DFUW:

• -Zeno--Zeno- Posts: 1,298Member Common
    Originally posted by Caaahl

Here is a little example of the recently patched in weather system in DFUW:

They did a half decent job with the weather system.  They did this during a time-frame where a rumor was going around that all their developers were laid off.  Now if they would hurry up and finish all roles to complete the game.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• HolophonistHolophonist Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 2,086Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Caaahl

step by step...

This kind of sums up my thoughts on the game. All of the changes they are making are for the better. I'm a patient man and don't have a problem with them taking baby steps as long as the steps are in the right direction. Unfortunately not everybody feels the same way. 

Kind of a tangent but I think this is how low budget sandbox games are made. You have to start with a little and build up slowly. That's how EVE did it. 

Originally posted by Snoepie
    [mod edit]

Because it's fun. ¯_(?)_/¯

I tried several other games, including all different kinds of mmos (sandbox and AAA+ themeparks and stuff inbetween) and none of them could entertain me longer than a month tops.