Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

Comments

• luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96

It has pretty much sealed the deal for me.   I wont be buying this game.

Didnt have fun in the beta, but still thought maybe the later game stuff might make it worth it, but if its going to cheap money grab gimmicks like this the whole way.

No...thats not breaking NDA, I can say I didnt have fun....its a non specific opinion before I get flamed and reported by the fans. 

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

The Fanboyism is strong in this thread. Sorry you have to put up with all this senseless abuse, OP.

The part about this that pisses me off the most is that they had the NERVE to lock content behind a paywall when they're already suffering from controversy over having a sub game with microtransactions. ESPECIALLY something like a character race. Even in a f2p game, locking races and classes behind a paywall is a no-no. (Players are more likely to stick around and spend money if they get to play a character they like.)

It's like Zenimax WANTS this game to crash and burn, and are banking on making enough money off the IP alone to get by.... hmmmm, why does this sound familiar....

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

This is quite a thing. I read it this morning, re-read it to make sure I had read it correctly and then sat scratching my head for a few seconds while it sank in.

witholding content in an mmo with a monthly subs fee? I was originally going to buy the CE, I usually do with most games but this one has me considering not buying it right now.

it almost smacks of TSW with their cash shop and subs fee "model" and that died a death in a few months after they milked the crap out of their players.

im cool with this is its a F2P game, but not a subs game, no way.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

The price isn't what you believe it should be it will be decided by the market.  If nobody buys the game, they will have to react.  But you know, there will be plenty of people spending $ for this.  I believe more will buy it then those who actually forgo purchasing the game DUE TO THIS.  There will be tons of people claiming they won't buy the game now who either never would have or who will actually really buy it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Raoul9753Raoul9753 Member Posts: 28

Seriously, the only reason people freak out about Imperials is "You want what you cant have!" Its a freaking race, on top of that (And sorry for all Imperial fans if they exist) Imperials are the most boring race ever. They wont be stronger than others or anything. And everything else is just a visual bonus. You have a special looking horse, can make your Armor look special... and seriously, the bonus XP will soon be for "refeer a friend" anyway, like in WoW. Stop freaking out about it?

I will preorder, but not the Imperial edition, cause seriously, my care cup couldnt be more empty about Imperials.

_/ This is my care cup. Its empty.

Stop freking out...

And for people who cry about things like racial pride:

In the end, most players will stick to their alliances, and people who dont will most likely be hated as traitors.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I understand why you might be outraged, I hear of a few who are.

I feel "meh" about it.  I think the price for the game in all regions is way too high and that a neutral race with special pony is only available to CE as mind boggling.

The "Meh" factor: I am either going to skip this and continue with the games I do have or play some Wildstar if their game box price isn't insane. Otherwise I will just pick ESO up later when their business plan moves into the "we need more people who pay $15 a month nowww" phase.

This also feels very swtor to me, very high price ticket on box price plus monthly sub.. eeek.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Raoul9753

Seriously, the only reason people freak out about Imperials is "You want what you cant have!" Its a freaking race, on top of that (And sorry for all Imperial fans if they exist) Imperials are the most boring race ever. They wont be stronger than others or anything. And everything else is just a visual bonus. You have a special looking horse, can make your Armor look special... and seriously, the bonus XP will soon be for "refeer a friend" anyway, like in WoW. Stop freaking out about it?

I will preorder, but not the Imperial edition, cause seriously, my care cup couldnt be more empty about Imperials.

_/ This is my care cup. Its empty.

Stop freking out...

And for people who cry about things like racial pride:

In the end, most players will stick to their alliances, and people who dont will most likely be hated as traitors.

I got the Imperial Edition Digital because I'm actually interested in the things it has to offer.  I understand and respect your opinion because I know the point is people need to stop freaking out about something that they can't have, even though pricing is actually really good for this CE, it's the decorative icing on top of the regular icing on a cake.  Nothing to be butthurt or attack other people who decide to preorder any of the versions or not order at all.  I like the care cup, you have my kudos on that one.

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485
    This is why MMO players can't have nice games. They freak out and hate every game because it has some trivial change in the 'lore' of the series. It's the gameplay stupid. I played Skyrim and Oblivion - and don't even remember the imperials.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Pyatra

I got the Imperial Edition Digital because I'm actually interested in the things it has to offer.  I understand and respect your opinion because I know the point is people need to stop freaking out about something that they can't have, even though pricing is actually really good for this CE, it's the decorative icing on top of the regular icing on a cake.  Nothing to be butthurt or attack other people who decide to preorder any of the versions or not order at all.  I like the care cup, you have my kudos on that one.

It would be hard for me to be happier with this collector's edition.  The pre-order bonuses not as much, because I actually like the race lock even if it is inconsistent with lore, but there really isn't anything about the Imperial Edition that I don't love.  All they need to do now is offer a lifetime sub option, and I'll be a happy camper.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by GuyClinch
    This is why MMO players can't have nice games. They freak out and hate every game because it has some trivial change in the 'lore' of the series. It's the gameplay stupid. I played Skyrim and Oblivion - and don't even remember the imperials.

You played Skyrim and Oblivion and don't even remember the Imperials...  That tells me you never touched those two game.

Ratero.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

I'm wondering if you would have been ok with paying an extra 20 bucks for whatever race it is that you played, on top of the game price?

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Margulis

I'm wondering if you would have been ok with paying an extra 20 bucks for whatever race it is that you played, on top of the game price?

a google search will get you that race for the same price as the standard edition.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

The explorer's pack which gives the ability to play any race in any faction comes with all pre-orders not just the CE pre-order.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Excellent! Imp race is the reason for buying my first CE.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• EQBallzzEQBallzz Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by Asheram

The explorer's pack which gives the ability to play any race in any faction comes with all pre-orders not just the CE pre-order.

The first post in this disaster of a thread that finally has facts. Can't believe I made it through 10 pages and nobody bothered to even check that the OP was factual in his statements. The Imperial option is NOT a CE perk. You get that with any PRE-ORDER. If you want to rage and throw a fit about the option only going to pre-orders then it's a valid complaint but at least throw a fit about accurate information.

My reaction is a bit mixed. I think it's cool they are offering the option (that many people clamored for btw) but I hope the option is available at some point in-game via some quest chain or something (like it should be in a sub game) and not some cash shop purchase. I don't mind a sub game having vanity pets or name changes or server transfers or that type of thing for purchase but it shouldn't have anything that affects game play. Everyone is 100% speculating at this point so it's a bit premature to be throwing a tantrum. Oh who am I kidding..this is the Internet. Everyone rage and flail your arms!

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

So I guess if the Skyrim collectors edition was the only way you could play a Nord there would have been a bunch of people defending that as well.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by EQBallzz

The first post in this disaster of a thread that finally has facts. Can't believe I made it through 10 pages and nobody bothered to even check that the OP was factual in his statements. The Imperial option is NOT a CE perk. You get that with any PRE-ORDER. If you want to rage and throw a fit about the option only going to pre-orders then it's a valid complaint but at least throw a fit about accurate information.

Imperial IS CE.

The Explorer pack (any pre-order) allows any of the 9 races to be used in any of the 3 factions.

Originally posted by Miblet

Imperial IS CE.

The Explorer pack (any pre-order) allows any of the 9 races to be used in any of the 3 factions.

That is not CE. It's the Imperial version. The CE would be the boxed version with you know..the collector's items in it like the figurine and maps and stuff. I guess there is a distinction between standard and Imperial but in any event you don't have to buy the CE version.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Imperial IS CE.

That is not CE. It's the Imperial version. The CE would be the boxed version with you know..the collector's items in it like the figurine and maps and stuff. I guess there is a distinction between standard and Imperial but in any event you don't have to buy the CE version.

For the Imperial stuff (race, gear etc.) you do have to buy the CE.

Originally posted by Asheram

Imperial IS CE.

For the Imperial stuff (race, gear etc.) you do have to buy the CE.

No. This is from the ESO site. With the "Digital Imperial" version selected (not the "Retail" edition that is the boxed CE version) it says this:

EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF DIGITAL CONTENT INCLUDES:

PLAY AS AN IMPERIAL

Play as an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear and more!

IMPERIAL WHITE HORSE

Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with increased speed.

MUDCRAB VANITY PET

Explore Tamriel with this vanity pet scuttling along by your side.

RINGS OF MARA

Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Imperial IS CE.

The Imperial edition is the CE.  You get 2 versions, one digital, one physical.  The digital being cheaper and not having the physical components.  The physical version is still called Imperial Edition.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I will buy the retail CE because I like stuff. In game I will be a Redguard in Daggerfall Covenant.

Under the overwhelming power of whine and the tsunami of tears, Zenimax too shall crumble and will unlock the Imperial for everyone one way or another, I doubt it will be unique for long. Also the faction unlocking will become norm probably sooner than later.

Ps. Don't get enraged over games, especially over issues like CE's actually having something unique to them other than crap. :(

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Kuinn

I will buy the retail CE because I like stuff. In game I will be a Redguard in Daggerfall Covenant.

Under the overwhelming power of whine and the tsunami of tears, Zenimax too shall crumble and will unlock the Imperial for everyone one way or another, I doubt it will be unique for long. Also the faction unlocking will become norm probably sooner than later.

Ps. Don't get enraged over games, especially over issues like CE's actually having something unique to them other than crap. :(

I think why people are getting upset is because most CE have only vanity things or just low level gear. The fact that they are trying to charge more for a race that actually does different things...is what people are angry about.

Personally, I'm not angry, as there is no point. If you dislike what they have to offer or what they are offering, then vote with your wallet. Its what I will be doing myself.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Kuinn

They've already said you can upgrade to the Imperial Edition at any time after launch, and there will almost certainly be periodic sales.  So when people are willing to stop moaning and reach for their wallets, the perks will be there waiting for them.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I'm failing to understand all the butt hurt over unlocking faction freedom with a pre-order. You do know that it says pre-order and not pre-purchase right? Pre-order as going somewhere and slapping $5 (or less) on the game with no commitment right? And as far as the digital and physical CE goes.....IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME! I mean seriously, for years we gamers that by collector's ed have been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to in-game swag to go with our physical swag. Now we're getting an entire race!? And all for $99 us? Now that's what you call a excellent CE package! Not like NWO and their digital only package for $200. Not like SWTOR and their $180 CE ed, but an entire race for under $100! I'm going to pre-ORDER tomorrow and when I get my CE I'll make sure to name my first imperial Trollbane Teardrinker....

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."