Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

Comments

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Originally posted by Buttski
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

'i don't know any details and i have no clue what this 'imperial' thing is about but i'm OUTRAGED!!! BWUUUAAAHHHH!!!'

this is just plain hilarious :D

I mean dont get me wrong im still buying the CE (ObviouslY) im just pissed about it.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by discord235
    I am not outraged. In fact, I don't care whatsoever about the Imperial race or whatever lore they may be breaking by allowing any faction to play it. I just want to play the damn game already, I am bored outta my mind waiting for a good, new MMO to come out...I'll buy the CE just to get in friggin' early!!

They're not breaking any lore whatsoever. That there wouldn't be any imperials outside of Cyrodiil is like saying that there aren't any caucasian people outside of Europe.

Imperials are known to be explorative. Their birth race doesn't bind them to a faction. Neither does it bind any other race to anything else either. Argonians don't have to be near a hist tree except for when they're born. Dunmer don't always stay within their borders.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

They've hardly set a precedent.

Neverwinter for example also launched with a unique race for those that bought the 200$ version (Hero of the North pack).

I guess they decided to give their CE's something significant.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning! 

No. Why so? Why would someone go Rage on something which is not a.)Official and b.) Not Explained in Detail

Have a fresh coffee...or wait, get a Tea, much better to calm down :)

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

'i don't know any details and i have no clue what this 'imperial' thing is about but i'm OUTRAGED!!! BWUUUAAAHHHH!!!'

I mean dont get me wrong im still buying the CE (ObviouslY) im just pissed about it.

Yeah this is actually one of the many types of gamers/consumers that I loathe. After all the whining and the noise they just end up eating their own words and still fall prey to the publishers. Pathetic, really.

If you can't grow a spine and vote with your wallet, just stfu.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

Yeah this is actually one of the many types of gamers/consumers that I loathe. After all the whining and the noise they just end up eating their own words and still fall prey to the publishers. Pathetic, really.

If you can't grow a spine and vote with your wallet, just stfu.

LOL! I guess he just wanted to rile up those who are genuinely pissed off about it. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293

I wouldnt say outraged but it is fishy. If anything it cemented my decision to wait the game out for months or a year before buying. Not liking this chain of thought theyre having. This has the stench of cash shop unlockables all over it and im not supporting a company that does that. Not that im saying they will but id hate to support them by buying the game, paying a few months of subs only to have them pull more of this crap out of their ass.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Honestly? No. Not really. I mean, an Imperial is just another human, so I don't see that as so special. When someone wants to be that for another 150 bucks, good for him. If it were some cool looking unique race, I may have been angered, but an Imperial? Another norm human?

*shrug*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Though you didn't get a Grammy Award, I'll nominate you for an Oscar when that show arrives lol.Simply OUTRAGEOUS lol. Why is this so important in the scheme of things? We don't even know if its aesthetic or not. Please don't waste another ounce of stress on this as you'll need all your energy to lament over chat bubbles lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

It is a rather interesting play. Especially since races have their own abilities and passives. How can you put skills and passives in a PvP game and then limit the players who can access them to only those who bought the CE.

I'm gonna reserve judgement though until the official announcement. Best to get all the facts before going on an E-rampage.

And to all the people out there who ARE raging.... Just don't buy the game. Simple solution to a simple problem.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Kayo45

I wouldnt say outraged but it is fishy. If anything it cemented my decision to wait the game out for months or a year before buying. Not liking this chain of thought theyre having. This has the stench of cash shop unlockables all over it and im not supporting a company that does that. Not that im saying they will but id hate to support them by buying the game, paying a few months of subs only to have them pull more of this crap out of their ass.

It does seem a bit fishy, if they are really going with a cash shop as well as a P2P only option, then that really will rub people the wrong way, the only way they could make this worse is if they had seperate servers for PC and PS4 players.. oh wait..image

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by Elikal

Honestly? No. Not really. I mean, an Imperial is just another human, so I don't see that as so special. When someone wants to be that for another 150 bucks, good for him. If it were some cool looking unique race, I may have been angered, but an Imperial? Another norm human?

*shrug*

Cause they could have way more powerful racial abilities then the other humans.  Just sayin'.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Not one to get outraged over such things. However, I will reserve my judgement until we get an official announcement. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by doragon86
    Not one to get outraged over such things. However, I will reserve my judgement until we get an official announcement. 

Honestly, if its true, and given that it seems to originate from an accidental leak from Amazon, in all likelyhood it is true, then it may well be on a par with the Day 1 DLC debacle with ME3 over the 'pay extra' to have a Prothean. Where something significant to the game is deliberately left out, in order to charge extra for it. image

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Originally posted by piquet

I think it's more of a vanity item than a race. Like a buff you can cast to make your character look like an imperial for a set amount of time. Pure speculation, but it looks like it even has fixed armor that probably can't be modified. Personally I can't get worked up over vanity stuff, I couldn't care less. Even if it is a race, I'll be playing as an orc, nord and argonian before I would even consider an imperial.

Anyway, it's fun to read the all the drama it caused. :D

I am truly astonished how naive and illusional some people are even when faced with straight facts :D 

If it was a vanity item it would say so - it clearly states play as an IMPERIAL for any faction, not anything like have acces to all faction with imperial armor/look/etc

After so many disillusions that happened in MMOs over the years, one would expect less dreamy thoughts in peoples heads

It IS a race, it fits because it was missing, it fits its characteristic and it fits the cash hungry publishers, deal with it

I for one wish the best for ESO, I didnt like it at first but devs seem to change as much as they can to please players, apart from SWTOR, but if they wont allow people to play imperial for free, thy will lose huge amount of players, not because of the costs, but because of principles - you just DONT do this in whats supposed to be AAA P2P,60$ initial cost game - its a marketing suicide imo

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I'm outraged that I can't afford a private yacht for cruising the Caribbean! Oh wait, maybe I can just accept that some things in life are beyond my financial reach and be happy with what I have.

Seriously, who cares? Can't knock Zenimax for making some money by selling something that people will want to buy. The fact that I will not buy it because I can't afford it is my issue not theirs.

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Kayo45

It does seem a bit fishy, if they are really going with a cash shop as well as a P2P only option, then that really will rub people the wrong way, the only way they could make this worse is if they had seperate servers for PC and PS4 players.. oh wait..image

Cash shops have been announced to not be in the game other than basic services such as name changes. And I'm glad I won't have to share server with ps4 users. I don't want to join a guild only to find out that half of it can't actually speak in the guildchat.

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

I am shocked and overwhelmed by your outrage.

The nerve of a company to choose to put creative and exclusive items in a collectors edition of a game they are creating. To add insult to injury they intend to charge us money for it.

I say you are not going far enough. You need to write your congressman ensure there are sanctions levied against Zenimax. Start a internet petition to deliver personally to Obaman!

Enjoy your day.

Originally posted by Vonatar

I'm outraged that I can't afford a private yacht for cruising the Caribbean! Oh wait, maybe I can just accept that some things in life are beyond my financial reach and be happy with what I have.

Seriously, who cares? Can't knock Zenimax for making some money by selling something that people will want to buy. The fact that I will not buy it because I can't afford it is my issue not theirs.

Well said. After all, it's a one time thing. Limited to a certain amount of copies. Most people will probably regret their purchase anyhow. Only reason you should ever purchase anything is if you have enough money to spare to not regret it no matter how it turns out.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Margulis

You'll feel better tomorrow when they release the official info and it's just an Imperial armor / costume piece.  Granted the picture has poor wording, but it isn't an entirely new race to play.

There is no possible way it could mean anything other than race when it clearly says 'Play as an Imperial in any alliance'.  Why would a costume piece need to clarify that you can wear it regardless of alliance? Why are the Imperials not one of the existing announced races?  

Its pretty cut and dry.  If they announce it as armor / costume then its obviously a backflip due to the outrage.

Personally I don't understand why people are getting upset about another human race when there's already Bretons, Redguards and Nords available. But its still a dick move for a subscription game.    

The fanboy responses are a good laugh though, comparing gating off races in a Collectors Edition for a P2P game to the EQNL founder packs which offers a few convenience items and appearance gear in a F2P game hahahaha.  Oh yeah, SoE are so terrible compared to Zenimax!  Hahahahaha. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Entinerint

I ADORE how ZOS was like "MEEEEAH WE WANT SUBS SO WE DON"T HAVE TO PAY-GATE NOTHIN'" oh wait "HERE'S A PAYGATE FOR A WHOLE RACE MEEEEEAH"

Thank you kind Sir, you have made my day with that imagery.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    So.....Is this the next thread to get deleted?
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT! Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!! That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning! God is no one else as outraged!?

Not at all.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by DamonVile
    I'm outraged too. First this, then they ran out of rainbow sprinkles to put on top of my whip cream at the starbucks. My life is too damn hard!

Damn...that sucks, you gonna make it? I know I know an IP charging money for in game items to use is just unbearable. No on else...wait a tic, with the exceptions of: WoW, EQ2, TSW, RIFT, AoC, TERA, PS1, PS2, SW:TOR, and probably a few I am forgetting, NO one charges for special in game items. No one.

And it's cool to have a knee-jerk reaction to a leaked piece of information.

I hope you all recover.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Entinerint

I ADORE how ZOS was like "MEEEEAH WE WANT SUBS SO WE DON"T HAVE TO PAY-GATE NOTHIN'" oh wait "HERE'S A PAYGATE FOR A WHOLE RACE MEEEEEAH"

Thank you kind Sir, you have made my day with that imagery.

How does it make your day? Having subs is a paygate to begin with. And the race isn't necessarily a race. And even if it is, it's still not a paygate. It's limited, exclusive content for the avid fans. Pretty much common practise for MMOs. I'm rather sure it's just another Cultural crafting style and not a race itself.