Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I'm outraged too. First this, then they ran out of rainbow sprinkles to put on top of my whip cream at the starbucks. My life is too damn hard!
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    So after using some massive Google-fu, every site refers to "a user" or the user Char.  Um.... so we are basing this off 1 single guy says he saw it?  Hard to say this isn't a ploy or that some of the things have been edited even if its mostly real.  We will have to wait for the official say from Zenimax.
  • squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by superconducting

Outraged!? for a little over a 100 bucks?

it's not like they're asking for thousands to own a house like OTHER games.

probly still freeload and never touch something call as bills.

people even call for donation of some penny to support hungry people.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Margulis

It seems extremely clear from the graphic that it is a race, not a costume.  If it is a costume, somebody needs to get fired, because it doesn't read that way.

That said, I am outraged by your outrage.  People who pay more should get more, always.  Outrage over a collector's edition having stuff the base game doesn't is no different than outrage from free players in a hybrid game that they have to pay something to have an experience as good as a subscriber.

How?  It's a picture of armor - and it doesn't say race anywhere like people are posting.  "play as an Imperial in any alliance" with a picture of Imperial armor.

It says play as an Imperial.  In the Elder Scrolls, Imperial is the name of a race.  Which happens to be the only race not already assigned to one of the factions which is normally present in ES games, and a race people have been clamoring for the chance to play since the game was announced.  

It didn't say "Play wearing Imperial armor."  Could it theoretically mean that, if the person who made the graphic is a drooling incompetent?  Sure, but if it does, some heads need to roll, because that isn't the logical interpretation.

I put on Imperial Armor / costume - I'm "playing as an Imperial".  You're not changing my opinion on it, we'll see what happens when the official word is out.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I put on Imperial Armor - I'm "playing as an Imperial".  You're not changing my opinion on it, we'll see what happens when the official word is out.

I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong.  I am just pointing out that the obvious interpretation that most people are going to make is that it is referring to the race.  If it turns out just to be armor, the backlash from that might be even greater than it will be if it is the race.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

It seems extremely clear from the graphic that it is a race, not a costume.  If it is a costume, somebody needs to get fired, because it doesn't read that way.

That said, I am outraged by your outrage.  People who pay more should get more, always.  Outrage over a collector's edition having stuff the base game doesn't is no different than outrage from free players in a hybrid game that they have to pay something to have an experience as good as a subscriber.

How?  It's a picture of armor - and it doesn't say race anywhere like people are posting.  "play as an Imperial in any alliance" with a picture of Imperial armor.

It says play as an Imperial.  In the Elder Scrolls, Imperial is the name of a race.  Which happens to be the only race not already assigned to one of the factions which is normally present in ES games, and a race people have been clamoring for the chance to play since the game was announced.  

It didn't say "Play wearing Imperial armor."  Could it theoretically mean that, if the person who made the graphic is a drooling incompetent?  Sure, but if it does, some heads need to roll, because that isn't the logical interpretation.

I put on Imperial Armor / costume - I'm "playing as an Imperial".  You're not changing my opinion on it, we'll see what happens when the official word is out.

Or across all 3 factions could just mean all 3 factions in PVP.  Hard to tell without Zeni actually confirming something and that it isn't photo shopped.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

God is no one else as outraged!?

Umm not i since i am not bothered too much by first world problems.

Although, i would like to have more details on the subject matter.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    I have a space ship to sell you for $400.....
  • TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

I think you are over analyzing and fixating, curiously, in a thread that is in itself ridiculous.  

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 708

This is the worst CE leak ever (And will go down in history as so), I for one ca not believe that Zenimax would stoop this low. Well Ive HAD IT!

Not only did they ignore players cries for an imperial race, and for all races - available to - all factions, but now they go and throw both those into one box and chrge you 150 bucks to have it!!

That is an outright deception of consumer interests and I will be filing a greviounce with the company first thing tomorrow morning!

Dude......Dude your going overboard with this.  If anything, this may be one of the most unique CE a game has ever released simply because of how you WILL stand out unlike every other CE a game has released, you don't really see or know if some other player actually got the CE.  This is actually pretty unique and interesting.  However, your outrage is a little unjustified just yet seeing as how the "leak" was for the PS4 version.  We do not know if its on PC.  That is if your getting it or thinking of getting it on PC.  Calm down though dude and take a step back and look at how unique it would be if it was legit.  You WOULD stand out in a crowd because of the race alone and not only cause other stuff it comes with.

I think its pretty bad ass.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

What shocks me the most about this thread, is that everyone in the entire thread never once questioned the evidence provided to them.   

I am ashamed of you all.   How could a population of 31-40 year olds not have looked up and did even one bit of research to see that this thread is FAKE!

In your hatred for the game that consumes you, you ignored all the FACTS someone gives you that's good about the game,  but when SOMEONE HOAXES YOU with a thread like THIS and you BELEIVE IT??

SHAME ON YOU!!!  

image      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yy0pPTrHlk

Let us hope you never find the RING!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by fistorm

What shocks me the most about this thread, is that everyone in the entire thread never once questioned the evidence provided to them.   

I am ashamed of you all.   How could a population of 31-40 year olds not have looked up and did even one bit of research to see that this thread if FAKE!

In your hatred for the game that consumes you, you ignore all the FACTS someone gives you but when SOMEONE HOAXES YOU with a thread like this and you BELEIVE IT??

SHAME ON YOU!!!  

So, lets pretend it's real. Do you like it?

Now, lets pretend it's not real. Do you like it?

I have a feeling both of the answers are yes. :)

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by fistorm

I am ashamed of you all.   How could a population of 31-40 year olds not have looked up and did even one bit of research to see that this thread if FAKE!

In your hatred for the game that consumes you, you ignore all the FACTS someone gives you but when SOMEONE HOAXES YOU with a thread like this and you BELEIVE IT??

SHAME ON YOU!!!  

you trusted things on internet? ^__^

dont worry, people just trolling. however, its doesnt change the facts that they are quick grabbing our .....cash/gold.

this really is a shame.
  • funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     No sense in getting worked up over it until there is confirmation. If a race is behind a pay wall then that is B.S. for a sub based game.  If its just useless armor decoration then no harm done.
    This is really too bad.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

They probably gave out 1000 beta keys and lost almost everyone within a day.

Screw it lets just milk it for everything we can cause it's gonna bomb hard.

The funniest part of this is people acting like it's unprecedented.  STO had an exclusive race with it's collector's edition.

The Force shall free me.

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189

I think it's more of a vanity item than a race. Like a buff you can cast to make your character look like an imperial for a set amount of time. Pure speculation, but it looks like it even has fixed armor that probably can't be modified. Personally I can't get worked up over vanity stuff, I couldn't care less. Even if it is a race, I'll be playing as an orc, nord and argonian before I would even consider an imperial.

Anyway, it's fun to read the all the drama it caused. :D

Originally posted by piquet

I think it's more of a vanity item than a race. Like a buff you can cast to make your character look like an imperial for a set amount of time. Pure speculation, but it looks like it even has fixed armor that probably can't be modified. Personally I can't get worked up over vanity stuff, I couldn't care less. Even if it is a race, I'll be playing as an orc, nord and argonian before I would even consider an imperial.

Anyway, it's fun to read the all the drama it caused. :D

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, publicly released screenshots seem to show that other than some slight skin tone variation the human races all look basically the same anyway, so even if it is a race all that will likely amount to is it's own racial skill line.  It wouldn't be a situation where you see somebody walking by and automatically know it's an Imperial.

The Force shall free me.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Nope. Don't care.  Imperials are boring.

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I am not outraged. In fact, I don't care whatsoever about the Imperial race or whatever lore they may be breaking by allowing any faction to play it. I just want to play the damn game already, I am bored outta my mind waiting for a good, new MMO to come out...I'll buy the CE just to get in friggin' early!!
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Heh....

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

'i don't know any details and i have no clue what this 'imperial' thing is about but i'm OUTRAGED!!! BWUUUAAAHHHH!!!'

this is just plain hilarious :D

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

I'd be more bothered by the horse if it means I can skip the grind to get one. I want don't want to pay of convenience, I want to pay for exclusivity. Which I'll ge getting both of. But I'm not outraged by it. It's common practise. Especially in MMOs.

I'm sure the Imperial "Race" is just an armour crafting style. Or a costume.