Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am outraged at the "Play an Imperial on either Faction" CE Bonus!!

14567810»

Comments

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by flguy147
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by spizz

Its still a JOKE and for the original reasons I posted and more so because SWG had factions, factions that mattered, factions with pride AND the ability to flag for PvP and fight ANYWHERE. Just one of many games with factions not hampered by this piss poor game design where its in some land behind invisible walls keeping everyones homelands safe. That's fake pride, fake meaning created by developers.

Well, maybe I did misunderstand you. If you talk about Open World pvp this feature is missing yes and they actually did block any further interesting content in such a direction with their pre-order race mix. This all leads to blue vs blue or red vs red.

Actually the race mix doesn't hamper open world, closed faction and pvp lands did that. if the game was one open world, it would allow anyone from any faction to fight anywhere.

The idea that my factions capital could be attacked or even taken over by the enemy would give me all the incentive I need to stay up until 4am getting it back and driving them out of my lands. instead we all get to fight over a throne that will never hold any sway over anyone in any of the opposing factions because he cant touch them since its in some mystical world of its own.

So much potential, whole lot of derp limitations instead.

BTW, don't worry about the misunderstanding, we are passionate about what we like and you did show that you are not locked into the mistake like some and allowed us to move forward.

I see you are passionate but if a developer designed games for people willing to stay up to 4 am to defend keeps then the game would be a ghost town.  Probably less than 0.1% of MMO players would be willing to do that and are that passionate about MMOs.  Most people wont even do that for their careers to advance.  Also open world PVP games would have to be a niche type game, this is not that, they are not trying to be a niche.   I know its frustrating for players with your playstyle and i wish there was that game for you, Mortal Online and Darkfall tried it but not super successful.  The demand for that type of game just isnt there.

You are absolutely wrong. The demand for that type of game IS there, but no companies can seem to do it right.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by bobbyk45248

You are absolutely wrong. The demand for that type of game IS there, but no companies can seem to do it right. 

You could be right, but we don't actually know.  The only way to find out for sure whether the demand for a given type of game exists is to create a high quality version of that type of game, release it, and see what happens.  Low quality versions won't tell you, because it's impossible to parse out who isn't buying because of what it was trying to do, and who because it did it poorly.

The more a MMO diverges from what has already been shown to be successful, the less likely it is to get sufficient funding to do a good job of implementing it's ideas.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by baphamet

wait, so you are saying RP is only a sandbox thing? talk about a joke? i remember having my hand held by the GM and the content he created for us when i used to play pnp RPG's, too bad we never got your memo back in the 80's lol

If your GM was running a themepark and not a sandbox, he was doing it wrong.

There is no One True Way.

I feel sorry for anyone who believes otherwise.  Even those who's concepts of OTW mirror my preferences.

• SpriggenSpriggen Member Posts: 21
    Hey OP. From a lore stand point, an imperial turning his or her back from his country just because you found out that your emperor is now worshipping a daedric Prince is completely understanding. Choosing which faction to get back his or her homeland ismy an issue too. I could get into it but a wall of text contacting lore would put most of you asleep
  • SpriggenSpriggen Member Posts: 21
    It's both a costume and a race. Also, if you don't play as an imperial, you can still get the imperial outfit for your character.
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

vanity pet. fine

special mount. fine

A playable race? not fine at all.

That's just a f2p cash shop. Because you know you will be able to upgrade your normal edition to a collector edition even after launch. So this basically works like a f2p cash shop. You want to play that race? give us 20$ and you can play it.

First time i've ever seen this kind of cash shop in a sub game

Just imagine something like this in WOW. (calm down is just an example to make my point clear)

In your next WOW expansion there will be a new race BUT only those who pay 20$ more will be able to play it. Just try to image the RAGE

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by bobbyk45248
    Originally posted by flguy147
    Originally posted by spizz

Its still a JOKE and for the original reasons I posted and more so because SWG had factions, factions that mattered, factions with pride AND the ability to flag for PvP and fight ANYWHERE. Just one of many games with factions not hampered by this piss poor game design where its in some land behind invisible walls keeping everyones homelands safe. That's fake pride, fake meaning created by developers.

Well, maybe I did misunderstand you. If you talk about Open World pvp this feature is missing yes and they actually did block any further interesting content in such a direction with their pre-order race mix. This all leads to blue vs blue or red vs red.

Actually the race mix doesn't hamper open world, closed faction and pvp lands did that. if the game was one open world, it would allow anyone from any faction to fight anywhere.

The idea that my factions capital could be attacked or even taken over by the enemy would give me all the incentive I need to stay up until 4am getting it back and driving them out of my lands. instead we all get to fight over a throne that will never hold any sway over anyone in any of the opposing factions because he cant touch them since its in some mystical world of its own.

So much potential, whole lot of derp limitations instead.

BTW, don't worry about the misunderstanding, we are passionate about what we like and you did show that you are not locked into the mistake like some and allowed us to move forward.

I see you are passionate but if a developer designed games for people willing to stay up to 4 am to defend keeps then the game would be a ghost town.  Probably less than 0.1% of MMO players would be willing to do that and are that passionate about MMOs.  Most people wont even do that for their careers to advance.  Also open world PVP games would have to be a niche type game, this is not that, they are not trying to be a niche.   I know its frustrating for players with your playstyle and i wish there was that game for you, Mortal Online and Darkfall tried it but not super successful.  The demand for that type of game just isnt there.

Planetside 2 probably falls into that category, the battle is 24/7 and controlled areas on the map are always shifting. But its a PVP only game, and there are no PVE areas, although admittedly the PVE part of ESO is completely seperate from the PVP bit, and neither influences the other in any way.image