Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square-Enix Support Woes

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member Common

I am venting here because I can NOT reach Square-Enix. Their customer support has me in an infinite loop, or catch-22, whichever you prefer.

I created an account for S-E for their FFXIV:ARR beta. After seeing the game was not for me, I DELETED my account on September 17, 2013. I am STILL getting "monthly newsletters" e-mails from them. Apparently not ALL my info was deleted. I am wondering what else is still on their records.

- I get these e-mails from "no-reply" so replying to them will accomplish nothing.
- Each e-mail has a "wonder button" called "unsubscribe/edit account where there is NO option to unsubscribe unless YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
- I go to their website to try to contact them to get my e-mail off their garbage list.
- In order to do ANYTHING on their site, you MUST have an account. well... mine is "invalid" because I deleted it.
- Forums are a no-go. Gotta have an account to even post there, too.
- No phone number listed that I could find.

So, in order to get my e-mail deleted from their database, I have to create an account. Then, I get to through all over again in order to get that new-mail deleted from their database.

This situation is not unique to Square-Enix. I have run into this problem in MANY, many websites. You can create an account with just a few clicks, but getting that account totally removed (to avoid future spam) is another thing.

I suppose if I reddit this, it may get a little more attention, but I'm not a fan of reddit.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Comments

• grndzrogrndzro Reno, NVPosts: 1,114Member Uncommon
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member Common

Thanks for that link, but...
    "PlayOnline Registration Code" is *required* to move forward. Since I never bought FFXIV:ARR or paid them any subscription fees, my credit card info is also not on their files, which is also *required* to move forward.

[EDIT]
    It just occurred to me that they make players fill out a form for every type of contact (e-mail, chat, and phone - all using the same form)? Where is their support phone number listed?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 8,268Member Rare

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

If you're using gmail or hotmail (or most any other major service) you could create a rule that deletes the mail as it comes in. Alternatively you could mark it as spam.

I know those aren't the right solutions, but I've noticed that a few companies don't respect the "unsubscribe" feature in their mail or have archaic systems like the one you described.

I have a Squeenix account because of FFVII on Steam.

Maybe you could make another account, register that email, and then change options?

Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.
  • grndzrogrndzro Reno, NVPosts: 1,114Member Uncommon
    310-846-0345
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member Common

Originally posted by grndzro
    310-846-0345
    Thanks. I'll give that a try :)

Where did you find that, if I may ask?

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR