Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wulin

Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

Since it's essentially the same game, with a slightly different name for regional publishing purposes. I'm posting this here since there is no Age of Wulin listing on MMORPG.

I'm an American player that's decided to come back to AoW. However, after reading the countless forums and blogs about the hacking epidemic. Also, after logging onto my account (played during beta before and just after release), I found it was stripped which lends strength to the claims that the hacking is happening on SnailUSA's server side. Since the game hasn't been installed on this computer EVER (built it six months ago) and I haven't been in the game since the first week it launched. It had to be hacked with information attained directly off the SnailUSA servers. So long story short, I'm coming back to the game but rolling on Age of Wulin in hopes that said hacking issue is more on the server security and not the server client software.

I'm just curious if there's any active American (or just Egnlish speaking) players from MMORPG on Age of Wulin. It's rather dead it seems, and every other person I do see doesn't speak English, so it's getting disheartening. I had to keep AoW running in the background and checking on it every five minutes. Hoping for people to come along to do the Tiger Stronghold faction required for the Biography quest line for seven hours tonight. I finally gave up and went into the Jiming Posthouse and spammed looking for a higher lvl player to run me through. After three more hours I found one that spoke English that agreed to run me, if in exchange I would pass on any lightness skill books that dropped. Which I agreed to and upheld my promise.

However, I did ask what he'd do if I didn't pass. He made sure to point out that it's not A long run from there to town and he can move faster than me. So I wouldn't get far before he'd kill me after we left the Faction run....and then run back to town and kill me a few more times out of spite. Soooo....message received lol.

Comments

• markshiumarkshiu Member Posts: 27

Age of Wulin is still active.

They have a secondary password, which could be more secure.  However, there has been no update, and many people left the game (Russian players left to play ArcheAge, and server population is down by ~30%).  There are still PvP happening, and large guilds are still very active.  However, our timezone can be tricky to get involved.

The biggest issue is, new players require to get reputation to get to the next level, thus, instances are required.  However, low level instances are not popular due to lack of intensive.  I was helping a few new members, but they quit because they find it difficult, lack of friends in the game.

• DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231

Ok so Wulin is the same game but not hosted in the US. the US version has hacking problems from what I can tell...

I have been trying to download this game for hours with no help or responses from the customer service on wushu site.

Am I wasting my time here, are both games dead?

I just want to try this game lol. right now I am downloading wushu but it is forcing me to DL each separate patch for the launcher I am currently at 63 of 100... losing my patience.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

I won't touch Age of Wushu with all the hacking reports I've read. I did download and play Age of Wulin.

Let me answer your question on if Age of Wulin is dead or not. While getting through the early main campaign of the game and reaching the instance area needed to advance the quest. I waited for nine hours before finally seeing another player coming to do the same quest.

I promptly uninstalled the game.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Originally posted by Keldor837

I'm an American player that's decided to come back to AoW. However, after reading the countless forums and blogs about the hacking epidemic. Also, after logging onto my account (played during beta before and just after release), I found it was stripped which lends strength to the claims that the hacking is happening on SnailUSA's server side. 

No no and a thousand times no.

Take ownership of your account, just because a game was not installed on your PC does not mean your password was not brute forced.  That is NOT a "Server side hack" if it was a server side hack you would see the source code for the game being fundamentally altered, flawed or distributed.

Its an account security issue plain and simple and the onus is on YOU to secure YOUR account, the onus is on the company to secure the date they hold on you which unless a third party has gained access to your credit card details and personal information through means of breaking their encryption and downloading it from their database is not what has happened.

You picked an easy password, left it the same for months on end and some one else logged in as you, this is not a server side hack.

Please take ownership of YOUR account security do NOT expect some one else to do it for you.