Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: Our Next Game is Dedicated to You

Comments

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Grailer

Sorry I made a mistake ,  I instantly envisioned SWTOR  not SWG which I thought was a brilliant game , I unlocked a jedi but for some reason people got jealous and eventually they made it a quest everyone could do which basically was the end of the game .

If they use the EQNext sandbox technology for Starwars the game could be utterly amazing beyond anything we ever envisioned in our wildest dreams .

That's SOE's plan.  EQ Next Landmark is going to be an MMO construction set and they are going to use that to make their next few games.  They are going to use user generated art to save development time and cost from EQNL.

• bbates024bbates024 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    That would be interesting!

• phennexionphennexion Member Posts: 63
    Lol, Smedley: "I fucked up and ruined a good game, alienated a whole playerbase and I was right the whole time", 9 years later.... "oh hey guys, looks like sandbox games were the future all along, you can come home now"

fuck this guy!!
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Empty words leads to hype, hype leads to disapointment, disapointment leads to... suffering.

My blog: image

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    ^ lol amen brother
  • RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    It'll be like Duke Nukem..A decade of promises for a sequel.  It is finally released, and it is crap.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • ImpmonImpmon Member UncommonPosts: 81

I miss SWG.  I played on a roleplaying server and didn't know it until I encountered the dorks.  I spent the remainder of my days griefing them as much as possible.

I used to love getting the cantina dancers.  These wackjobs who sat in cantina's cybering people all day and they'd get TEF (temperory enemy flag) by healing flagged members of the opposing faction.

I'd send my pet to follow them, which made the pet teleport to them if they're in a building.  Then "kill"  suddenly this cybering cantina dancer is like WTF some big ass tiger is eating me.  Usually other losers would try to assist and give me more people to kill.

• AtomicAtomic Member UncommonPosts: 46
    More empty words by smed as usual
  • AtomicAtomic Member UncommonPosts: 46
    More empty words by smed as usual
  • blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Its dead Jim

• pmcubedpmcubed Member Posts: 289

This just in, SoE to buy The Repopulation and re-label it SWG 2.  

Then, they will introduce the NGE #2 to add injury to insult.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Geez the hatred and bitterness against Smed. You know, the guy has actually been quite decent since 2013, and especially stuff concerning PS2, now EQN seem to be as he stated it would be, so hey, give the man a break.

And if someone from SOE has the guts to admit their fuck up on my child, I accept the apology, but next time you better hand me over a god damn prodigy.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by pmcubed

This just in, SoE to buy The Repopulation and re-label it SWG 2.  

Then, they will introduce the NGE #2 to add injury to insult.

Not according to them  - https://twitter.com/therepopulation.  Oh hello everybody - Jestor here.

Now The Repopulation is my next MMO and I consider it to be the improvement long overdue to a Sci-Fi Sandbox MMO  but mark my words if I see just the slightest sign of involvement from our former gaming host ,not a penny more of profits will they see from me.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    this is a really interesting development.  I can't wait to hear more.
  • blackravenukblackravenuk Member UncommonPosts: 18

ok just throwing a Title out there that i thought was cut off before its time.

" Tabula Rasa "

now that game was awesome

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Disney SWG...lol. Hakuna matata....
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Hummm. This will be interesting... It will be fun to see if the old claim from SWG vets that "it does not matter if it is not Star Wars" will hold true.

The second thing that will be fun is to watch the SWG Vet community tear it self apart trying to define what SWG was.

Buuuuut If i will be able to recreate my entertainer/image designer.. Sure i´l be there at the gates with the rest of you. It was some of the best role-playing i ever had. Sure it was "hairstylist the MMO" but it was damm fun.. We even had guards a while that made sure people behaved and were polite.

I foresee a 0.001% chance of the image designer ever making it´s return... or the entertainer for that matter. After all... Unless it is a crafter there is no room for non combat content in todays market =P

Originally posted by Impmon

I miss SWG.  I played on a roleplaying server and didn't know it until I encountered the dorks.  I spent the remainder of my days griefing them as much as possible.

I used to love getting the cantina dancers.  These wackjobs who sat in cantina's cybering people all day and they'd get TEF (temperory enemy flag) by healing flagged members of the opposing faction.

I'd send my pet to follow them, which made the pet teleport to them if they're in a building.  Then "kill"  suddenly this cybering cantina dancer is like WTF some big ass tiger is eating me.  Usually other losers would try to assist and give me more people to kill.

Aaaaaaaand people like this is why we had armed guards. Not going to speculate what sort of social disorder causes that kind of behaviour... But it should most likley be diagnosed and treated.

Also it is kind of ironic but most of the attempted cybering was done by brodudes like the one above who then set their pet tigers at us when we "did not put out". Then again i knew a few ent´s that simply took the stance of "easy money for copy/pasting some slashfic" so it did happen from time to time.

This have been a good conversation

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

SWG 2.0 :)

Sad thing is ill probably be too old by the time its launched :/

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    SWG remake?!? Oh please let it be!!!

All people talk about on this forum is SWG. Finally some interesting news and people still hate. Pretty sad
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Onomas

SWG 2.0 :)

Sad thing is ill probably be too old by the time its launched :/

Nonsense! My dad, a major steel executive in his mid-50s, was ripping up n00bs with his Master TKA. All of his "old co-workers played the heck out of that game!

Aaaaaaaand people like this is why we had armed guards. Not going to speculate what sort of social disorder causes that kind of behaviour... But it should most likley be diagnosed and treated.

Also it is kind of ironic but most of the attempted cybering was done by brodudes like the one above who then set their pet tigers at us when we "did not put out". Then again i knew a few ent´s that simply took the stance of "easy money for copy/pasting some slashfic" so it did happen from time to time.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by tawess

Wait.. he was talking about a video game right? *scratches head*

Yupp as the good fortune had it he was. =P

The things is that most of the players playing a entertainer character had no... and i do say no combat abilities at all. So what he did was setting his pet (through a glitch in essence) loose on people who had no way to deal with the problem except.. well.. to die.

The fact that it was on a RP server makes it even worse as the cantinas was the nr1 RP hubs. People came there to relax and actually role play... not get eaten by glitchy tigers. So it is my conclusion that anyone doing as described do have some sociopathic disorder that stops them from connecting with the discomfort of others...

As i said there was a reason why we had armed guards on the server i played on.. Yes... We had people who role-played our guards and had a few under cover alts on both sides of the factions in order to deal with people to messed with our cantinas. It was awesome.

My most outstanding memory was a real douche-nozzel that keep disrupting by glitching and being a pure sleeze. So one of our guards went deep under-cover and befriended this dude and even convinced him to give him access to his house. Then he cleaned him out and told him he´d get his stuff back when he learned to behave. Never seen a more polite and well behaved player ever since. =) He also got his stuff back.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

Why would anyone ever give the least bit of credence to a single word this man ever says any more?

Particularly any former SWG player?

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    sony's making big moves, blizzard's making hearthstone