Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Community Of Any MMO

bpharris9014bpharris9014 Member CommonPosts: 36

Before you consider playing this game, please note that it has the worst gaming community of any MMO ever made.

I'd say I'm insulted, at minimum, in one out of three games I play. The name calling opportunities begin at lane selection, and continue throughout the game.

The players are whiny little scumbags. I'm guessing they're mostly children. But, however you cut it, it's the must toxic, god-awful crowd of jerks I've ever encountered in any game (I started playing MMOs 12 years ago, as well as FPSs, so this is saying something).

If you like decent people, don't play this game.

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

My experience has been similar to yours. In my first 'live' game I asked a few simple questions and within a couple minutes I just left the match. It was that bad. One person was trying to answer my questions and help out, but he(she?) got insulted vehemently as well. I have not played since.

I recommend DOTA2, but keep in mind that community there is only a wee bit better. At least if you are winning people are bearable.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Pretty much all Moba have horrible communities.  It's the mentality that they'll probably never see you again, so why be nice?
  • JaxemJaxem Member Posts: 9

I find that it really does depend on the kind of games.  If you play vs bots most people are nice and very helpful.  This is is especially true of the nonclassic formats.  But in classic vs people, every team does seem to have a rager.  The best approach is to make friends and play with them.  Once you get a good group of people it becomes a lot of fun.

-J

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

MOBA's aren't MMO's so there is no community.   If your team is not meeting a certain player's expectations, they often go into a nerd rage and tell everyone off.    Chances are, it's a 15 year kid who thinks he's amazing at said MOBA but for whatever reason is still doing random matches without a team.  

I used to play a lot of Smite and found that the best way to deal with these types of people was to kill them with kindness.   They typically don't know how to react to this tactic and will often just STFU or in some cases they will actually realize how stupid they were acting and take it down a notch.  

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Since when is LOL a mmo ? News to me..
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

For the love everything holy in this world why are we calling moba's mmo's

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

I've had a similar experience in various MOBAs which suggests they attract a specific type of players - the kind that need instant gratification and lack the patience needed for more advanced MMORPG

e.g. i only started playing Dawngate and had players say some aweful crap for dying a little too many times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tPDx4-GpVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp9MM-_L6D8

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs