Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Artcraft - A First Look & New Human Female Models Revealed

13»

Comments

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by makadawias
    to redo the human female to be a stick figure is going in the wrong direction. () DONT just skinny her up and expect most of us to approve.  the above idiots just like change and will ooh regardless of what blizzard does.  those of us who loved the game but left because of them think you are just self destructing. 

This is what I meant by drinking the Kool-Aid.

I'm obsessed with body proportions and am very aware of body sizes and image. The new model is in no way, shape, or form skinny. If anything it's almost exactly like the old except that it has contouring, to show where the muscles are. She's athletic-looking.

The old one looked chubbier because the whole mesh was just a giant blob of nothingness. Look at the old calves. No contouring.

Just for fun I went and drew lines across the new one and used the same exact lines (copy paste ftw) to check if the proportions were suddenly different...

You can do this yourself too.

As you can see the old one is posing a bit whereas the new one isn't posing. The new thigh is more defined so it won't look as weird when she's posing.

The old one also has an almost cankle-effect, whereas the new one doesn't. Those are nice and healthy-looking ankles.

When the new one is posed we'll be able to make a better comparison.

P.S. It says more about you when you start calling others idiots.

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    I think this is an improvement.  I can't say whether it should or should not have been done 1, 5, however many years ago, but I like the new human female model.  I just hope there will be muscle definition options so that my character isn't too defined.

• GnostikGnostik Member Posts: 47

I'll never understand why studios put resources into things like wrinkles, scars, moles, or super-customizable facial expressions that are interesting during character creation and then never seen again.

Seriously, how often while playing a game are you zoomed in on faces without helmets on them? Features like this might make sense in a first-person game. But with the detached, top-down, "ass-cam" that's usually used, it's such a waste.

• AndrulAndrul Member Posts: 1
    One of the reasons I stopped playing WoW was the toonish appearance of characters.  The human female shown above makes me think I might want to reinstall the game at some point.
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Diablito
    Originally posted by Akumawraith
    Not bad. definately an upgrade from the old model... but thankfully my WoW days are over.. no longer am I willing to pay for a game thats been dumbed down. I played for 9 years., they got their money, now im waiting for Citadel of Sorcery to fill the MMORPG role in my gaming career.

What exactly are your definition of 'dumbed down' and which aspects of the game do you find  'dumbed down'  now compared to vanilla? Leveling? Raiding? 

Dumbed down meaning you hit 90 and can go to an island and gear up you and your alts for raiding in about an hour of killing mobs

• simon155simon155 Member UncommonPosts: 53

Boooooring lol.

It'll take more than a character overhaul to get me back on there. Masses of buttons, cool downs, dated graphics, the irritating bickering and elitism with every instance...

To be honest, I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online. Got into Beta, and it's AWESOME. Makes the whole of WoW look pants. And more importantly, I've seen no elitism, no bickering, and game plays refreshing and fun.

WoW had plenty of chance - it's been out years, and how much did they listen? Very little. They've been steadily killing off the game for the masses, turning it into an elitist playground. Friends already quit as it sapped all the fun out of it.

• simon155simon155 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Gnostik

I'll never understand why studios put resources into things like wrinkles, scars, moles, or super-customizable facial expressions that are interesting during character creation and then never seen again.

Seriously, how often while playing a game are you zoomed in on faces without helmets on them? Features like this might make sense in a first-person game. But with the detached, top-down, "ass-cam" that's usually used, it's such a waste.

Depends what game you play. In the ESO Beta I kept stopping to zoom in on the character, rotate the view, close up etc. It's a work of art - the better it looks the more you're likely to do it lol

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I thought cartoon graphics were supposed to be timeless .... and high detail graphics  would become dated very rapidly(rolls eyes). Seems Blizzard and myself don't buy that  argument.