Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one missing turned-based combat?

13»

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I have tried a few turn based, not one has been grab my attention. I get it, but given the choice, I don't want a turn based action game, Hearthstone is just right.
  • I play turn based CRPGs of one form or another quite often.  But I don't think it makes a lot of sense in an MMO environment.

In general the RPGs with truly interesting tactical options are turn based.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Try Bravely Default, Digital CCGs, Civilizations, Fire Emblem: Awakening. None of them are MMOs, but the enjoyment remains.

Those are for the 3DS.  Here are other turn-based games for it:

• Etrian Oddysey 4
    • Shin Megami Tensei IV
    • Pokemon X/Y (PVP)
    • Crimson Shroud

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • bruevitzbruevitz Member UncommonPosts: 57

I love turn based combat. AO was fun, but gets boring because of OP gear. +10 luficer rifle anyone? How a person can actually obtain one without spending RL money is beyond me.

Anyway, though I love turn based combat, I don't see the appeal of time constraint turn, I prefer to think carefully before making a turn (which is why I am leaning towards TBS/turn based tactis). Turn based combat does not really appeal to MMO because of the pace. MMOrpg is fast paced (short cust/macro, anyone?), while turn based combat is not (I use speed hack in AO just so I can shorten the boring animation of getting/making a hit).