Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Trove: Design Weapons, See Them In Game

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,632MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Trion Worlds has released a new 'how to' video to show Trove players how to make weapons in the game and how to see them in the game. The video is hosted by Trove Art Lead Brian Clark. Clark works step-by-step through the creation process. Check it out and then let us know what you think!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

Huh.  I thought this was going to be a crafting video.  That's pretty cool.

Is this only open to people who are in the Alpha test of the game?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• syriinxsyriinx New York, NYPosts: 1,063Member Uncommon

New class: Umbraleer

for those who always wanted to be Mary Poppins

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,546Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Huh.  I thought this was going to be a crafting video.  That's pretty cool.

Is this only open to people who are in the Alpha test of the game?

Nope - anyone can do this (even non-alpha players) - it's one of the ways to get an alpha invite (if your items is chosen, you get an alpha key automatically).

Besides making weapons - cornerstone prop items are now open to players (and non-players) to create.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TroveCreations/comments/1vvkk3/the_time_has_come_cornerstone_art_for_trove/

• SophusVirSophusVir Oneida, TNPosts: 44Member
    Why is this game trying to be Cubeworld? because it looks VERY much like cube world, even the crafting.
  • drtack1drtack1 jacksonville, FLPosts: 253Member
    anyone know what program hes using in the video? Is that Maya? 
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SophusVir
    Why is this game trying to be Cubeworld? because it looks VERY much like cube world, even the crafting.

I know it sucks to be so similar, but the truth is I prefer Trion to make a game like this because at least they are a big studio with more chances of making a polished game and have a lot of updates.

Cubeworld is good but if I am not mistaken it is made by two people (husband and wife) and the updates are very very slow. Support is also non existant, I have sent tickets months ago and I am still waiting, I just gave up on that vaporware game.

Originally posted by drtack1

That's Qubicle Constructor, the basic version is free.

• remsleepremsleep Vida MatanovicaPosts: 109Member
    Originally posted by SophusVir

This comes up a lot, however as a player of both games, they are very different.

Cubeworld is a fantasy themed voxel adventure game, max # of players is 4 per server.

Trove is not limited to fantasy,its multi-themed, it has open world construction and destruction, has Trion hosted servers, has community involved development via reddit forums, 40 players per world. Most features are not in yet, however the early alpha has, crafting, cornerstones, leveling, dungeons and 6 tiers of biomes per world. Additional classes, questing and world cycling(key feature) is still being worked on. I think we might get a space cowboy class in today's patch.

Trove is in early alpha, and is in active development (2 patch updates every week), currently Trove dev team has 11 devs.

Cubeworld has been in beta for years, I don't even remember the last time it was updated.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    I wish I could get into Trove's beta... For everyone's criticism, it still looks fun to play.

Smile

• ReaperUkReaperUk Cambridgeshire, UKPosts: 657Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

You can't export anything with the free version though. For that, you need one of the paid versions.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member
    Originally posted by ReaperUk
    Originally posted by DMKano

You can't export anything with the free version though. For that, you need one of the paid versions.

Does anyone have a favorite or recommended free voxel editor?

We could have an "MMORPG.com Forumite Voxel Weapon Design Contest".

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.