Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Development Roadmap Updated

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The PlanetSide 2 development road map has been updated with new information about what players of the MMOFPS can expect in the days ahead. Included in the new plan is some new content, continent locking, outfit base capture and outfit recruiting tools.

• Outfit Recruiting - Rolling with an outfit in PlanetSide 2 is really making the most of what the game has to offer in a number of different ways, so we want to make the process of finding an outfit and finding new recruits easier for everyone involved.   

• New Continent: Hossin - Adding a brand new continent: Hossin, a swamp covered continent.    

• Continent Locking - Continent Locking (or the "Continental Lattice" in the post-lattice era) is on the horizon and will hopefully enhance the feel and depth of PlanetSide 2's overall metagame significantly. 

• Outfit Base Capture - If your outfit is the top contributor to a base capture, we'll identify the facility/outpost as "belonging" to your outfit.

Check out the full road map on the PlanetSide 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Looking forward to try the new continent. 

Other than that, the game really need new modes that dont involve zerg-capturing bases. They should check out some of the other multiplayer modes in other shooters and take some of the mechanics and add ¨special¨ missions that serve as new game modes within the persistent world for everyone to hop in and out. Alerts are just the same capture the base thing so that wasnt really a new thing to the game.

All in all, its good they are adding new stuff. Its a good game, It just needs more variety.

• cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102

I agree with Rojo that following the zerg or camping spawn rooms has very little fun factor involved.  That is why I choose to avoid the 48+ fights when that's all it amounts to.  There's always a good fight going on somewhere, just have to find it or start it yourself.  If you deploy a Sundy on capturable territory that's showing NONE, people on both sides will come more often than not.  A bit more interesting that way.

But the nature of war is of course to bring as many comrades as you can, that tends to be a winning strategy.  Games like this will always have a zerg to follow.  But the option to solo roam, or get a squad together and capture points not on the beaten path, is there as well.

I look forward to the new map and maybe some new features in the future.  It matters not in the long run, cause if they do the Warhammer 40k MMO right I am all over that shizz!  :D

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Planetside 2 does one thing really well, and that's make me miss the heydays of Planetside 1.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    How about a roadmap on hit detection and syncing?  I don't care if the game runs 60fps on ultra if the hit detection is ruining the experience.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Sonys real roadmap for the last year and the upcoming year:

Make PS2 run on Sony's console.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97
    I believe the lack of PVE has hurt this game. I compare it to how good the combat got in Mass Effect 3 after they had to iron out the kinks for multiplayer combat. The lack of a solid PVE component hid some flaws before launch.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Segun777
    I believe the lack of PVE has hurt this game. I compare it to how good the combat got in Mass Effect 3 after they had to iron out the kinks for multiplayer combat. The lack of a solid PVE component hid some flaws before launch.

What are you even... what?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    These sound like very good changes for PS2. Specially the "outfit focused" developments, which will attract and hopefully retain those players that like playing the game in the way it was intended to be played.