Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aradune is worthy

RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Some call Vanguard a failure.  It definitely was not what it was supposed to be but there was never a game I followed more closely than this.  I was watching this game from pre-alpha , through the disaster launch to when it went firesale to SOE and I understand pretty clearly a few things about what happened with that title.

The bottom line is the game is still running today.  You can say that it was bug ridden before SOE picked it up and made it all shiney but really what happened was they finished the optimizations that would have otherwise been part of a properly beta / release cycle (which Vanguard did not get).

Brad Mcquaid, despite all that you may have to say about him is a gifted game's designer.  One thing that I've learned in this life is that success is often preceded by failure after failure.  Brad should be given another chance because he's experienced some of the more difficult challenges and yet the game he started off with is still in operation in roughly its original form ( give or take some pretty big details).

Of all the kick starters this one may well be the one with the best chance of capturing something that's been lost.

Comments

• JoomaJooma Member Posts: 25
    This place is just crawling with trolls sir. Try pjpantheon.com to discuss the actual game and features.