Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does Elder Scrolls Online Mean to an ES fan?

Comments

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by ste2000

As a TES fan what it means is the beginning of the end for Bethesda as an original and influential Publisher (See also Bioware)

TES has always been an RPG that steered away from mainstream RPGs by sticking with its formula which was "We are doing it our way and we are not going to compromise"

With the MMO version they completely forgot their winning motto which turned into  "We are going to do it the way the market expect us to do it"

In short the Online version is not as "bold" as the single player version resulting in ESO not standing out from the crowd like TES does in the RPG market.

Your point has absolutely no merit as it completely ignores the other games that have carried the Bethesda logo that they have already published, and have done for years and years too

Hell this isn't even the first TES title that has moved away from the "winning formula" (redguard), and that game was actually made by Bethesda the game studio itself under Howard

If games like Rogue Warrior, Star Trek: Conquest, Hunted: Demons Forge, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow etc etc, which all has the Bethesda name/logo on the cover didn't damage their reputation as a publisher there's no reason in the world why this would.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

as TES fan ,ESO mean :

something different & new in TES serial; limited gameplay &  less freedom.

Or, as it should mean, unless you're jaded and bitter, : Elder Scrolls Online, The MMO.

I never heard anyone complain about the lack of RTS and playable heroes when World of Warcraft was released. And they share many similarities such as:

1. Both were made by separate teams of the original IP.

2. Both show another perspective in the game and another way to experience the lore. (Not as the main character)

3. Both titles had to make sacrifices to enter the MMO market.

But there is one key feature that they do not share:

Single player TES games will continue to be developed, Warcraft RTS' won't.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723

It means me and my friends can finally kill each other to prove whose the best!

I cant tell you how many times we've have this argument.

Though in the end, I'll just put an arrow through their skulls and the debate will finally be buried.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Two very different studios are making ESO and the single player stuff.  They are not in any way related or hindered by one another.  The only thing that will delay the next ES game is the fact that the team is probably shifting over to the next Fallout game, sort of like how they did after finishing Oblivion.

ESO is completely unrelated.

Except that Zenimax holds the purse strings to Bethsada and ESO is Zenimax's first MMO.  Zenimax has a vested interest in making ESO successful and won't do anything they feel would sabotage that offering.  It's safe to say that ESO is going to be Zenimax's signature product for some time and I doubt very much we will see a new single player TES game for at least 5 years if not more.  We are more likely to get a new Fallout game first.

Of course, but that has nothing to do with ESO.  It's just how Bethesda Game Studios has worked since Oblivion.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by udon

Two very different studios are making ESO and the single player stuff.  They are not in any way related or hindered by one another.  The only thing that will delay the next ES game is the fact that the team is probably shifting over to the next Fallout game, sort of like how they did after finishing Oblivion.

ESO is completely unrelated.

Except that Zenimax holds the purse strings to Bethsada and ESO is Zenimax's first MMO.  Zenimax has a vested interest in making ESO successful and won't do anything they feel would sabotage that offering.  It's safe to say that ESO is going to be Zenimax's signature product for some time and I doubt very much we will see a new single player TES game for at least 5 years if not more.  We are more likely to get a new Fallout game first.

Of course, but that has nothing to do with ESO.  It's just how Bethesda Game Studios has worked since Oblivion.

Agreed. And ESO is made by Zenimax Online Studios, not Zenimax Media. Bethesda recently made an absolute killing thanks to Skyrim and even before that their parent company was worth over $1 billion. That was in 2007 when they began developing Skyrim as well as Elder Scrolls Online.

I doubt Elder Scrolls will slow down, if anything it will speed up.

Originally posted by Rhazmuz

Thats alot of assumptions and bs right there. They have always said it is a Zenimax Online title, NOT a Bethesda game. Seriously show us where they put the Bethesda label on ESO?

If not, take all your fantasy stories elsewhere pls.

Where are the assumptions?

Zenimax Media trades as Bethesda Softworks.

Zenimax Media (Bethesda) owns both Bethesda Studios and Zenimax online, so both Studios belong to the same company.

These are facts not assumptions.

Also if you want to see where Zenimax is putting the Bethesda logo............ is right there at the bottom of the Official ESO website, close to the Zenimax Online Logo (and soon it will appear on the game Box).

But I guess that would be too much doing some reserach, it is better stay uninformed and call other people BS............ it's just more fun isn't it?

Do some research, eh? Well, look into the importance and uses of parent and daughter companies.

Zenimax Media is the administrative backbone of the companies they own. Or rather created, such as Bethesda Softworks which (now) doesn't develop games but publish them. And Bethesda Game Studios develop titles such as Morrowind and Oblivion. This being the TES series.

Then we have Zenimax Online Studios whom are working on ESO, also founded by Zenimax Media. They also own a lot of companies that they have purchased or otherwise published.

Point is, Zenimax Media can slap their logo, and Bethesda Softworks', on any game they (or any affiliated company) publishes. And why wouldn't they? They are marketing their other subsidiaries by doing so. Resulting in a wider audience.

In any case, concerning the subsidiaries; They belong to the same family. They are organs of the parent company: Zenimax Media. They are not traded as each other, they are traded individually. But as I said, being the organs of the Parent Company, why wouldn't they slap every logo they can onto every game they publish?

In the end, the fellow you quoted was correct. These games are developed by different developers and publishers. You just assumed that he meant that Bethesda wasn't part of Zenimax Media.

P.S.

In case you wonder why I added so many links, it's because I thought you might just disregard them and continue your  hypocritical comments. Anyhow, in the future, try to research a bit before asking people to research before commenting!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by asrlohz

Thats alot of assumptions and bs right there. They have always said it is a Zenimax Online title, NOT a Bethesda game. Seriously show us where they put the Bethesda label on ESO?

If not, take all your fantasy stories elsewhere pls.

Where are the assumptions?

Zenimax Media trades as Bethesda Softworks.

Zenimax Media (Bethesda) owns both Bethesda Studios and Zenimax online, so both Studios belong to the same company.

These are facts not assumptions.

Also if you want to see where Zenimax is putting the Bethesda logo............ is right there at the bottom of the Official ESO website, close to the Zenimax Online Logo (and soon it will appear on the game Box).

But I guess that would be too much doing some reserach, it is better stay uninformed and call other people BS............ it's just more fun isn't it?

Do some research, eh? Well, look into the importance and uses of parent and daughter companies.

Zenimax Media is the administrative backbone of the companies they own. Or rather created, such as Bethesda Softworks which (now) doesn't develop games but publish them. And Bethesda Game Studios develop titles such as Morrowind and Oblivion. This being the TES series.

Then we have Zenimax Online Studios whom are working on ESO, also founded by Zenimax Media. They also own a lot of companies that they have purchased or otherwise published.

Point is, Zenimax Media can slap their logo, and Bethesda Softworks', on any game they (or any affiliated company) publishes. And why wouldn't they? They are marketing their other subsidiaries by doing so. Resulting in a wider audience.

In any case, concerning the subsidiaries; They belong to the same family. They are organs of the parent company: Zenimax Media. They are not traded as each other, they are traded individually. But as I said, being the organs of the Parent Company, why wouldn't they slap every logo they can onto every game they publish?

In the end, the fellow you quoted was correct. These games are developed by different developers and publishers. You just assumed that he meant that Bethesda wasn't part of Zenimax Media.

P.S.

In case you wonder why I added so many links, it's because I thought you might just disregard them and continue your  hypocritical comments. Anyhow, in the future, try to research a bit before asking people to research before commenting!

If you want to be anal about it, are the same developers working at Bethesda now developing ES games that were there when Daggerfall was developed? How many people that used to work at the Bethesda studios now work at Zenimax studios?

Here's another link for you. One where they say who they are:  http://www.zenimaxonline.com/faq.html

"Who are you guys? 

We're the best kept secret in the gaming industry… But, seriously, we're the online game development studio of ZeniMax Media, who also owns Bethesda Softworks.
    So think of us as the multiplayer-focused Bethesda Softworks. 

Our President was one of the founders of Mythic Entertainment and was the producer of Dark Age of Camelot and lots of other titles there. Our team is made of many other people who worked at Mythic, as well as NCsoft, Firaxis, Sony Online, EA, and Bethesda Softworks. ZeniMax Online's staff had leadership roles on popular MMOGs like Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, Star Wars: Galaxies, Ultima Online, and The Sims Online. 

Suffice it to say, we are very experienced and are looking forward to making the best MMOGs possible."

Anyone trying to score forum war points based on how this is a different studio altogether is just engaged in useless nitpicking. 

Of course, they could be lying about themselves and the game is really being developed by aliens from Betelgeuse.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    to me it just goes to show it doesn't matter what the setting or the lore of the game is when every mmo that comes out today is just a repeat of the last.
    Originally posted by Iselin

If you want to be anal about it, are the same developers working at Bethesda now developing ES games that were there when Daggerfall was developed? How many people that used to work at the Bethesda studios now work at Zenimax studios?

Here's another link for you. One where they say who they are:  http://www.zenimaxonline.com/faq.html

"Who are you guys? 

We're the best kept secret in the gaming industry… But, seriously, we're the online game development studio of ZeniMax Media, who also owns Bethesda Softworks.

Our President was one of the founders of Mythic Entertainment and was the producer of Dark Age of Camelot and lots of other titles there. Our team is made of many other people who worked at Mythic, as well as NCsoft, Firaxis, Sony Online, EA, and Bethesda Softworks. ZeniMax Online's staff had leadership roles on popular MMOGs like Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online, Star Wars: Galaxies, Ultima Online, and The Sims Online. 

Suffice it to say, we are very experienced and are looking forward to making the best MMOGs possible."

Anyone trying to score forum war points based on how this is a different studio altogether is just engaged in useless nitpicking. 

Of course, they could be lying about themselves and the game is really being developed by aliens from Betelgeuse.

First off, the term "Anal" (from Freudian Psychology) is the stupidest term ever. Most of the people using it has no idea what it means. Even less that the Anal Stage could essentially turn out to be the opposite of what you refer to as "being anal".

Secondly, what "you" just wrote is the definition what a "Team" is. It is a different studio, but it's affiliated with Zenimax Media. And of course their resources are used there. It's almost as if you didn't click the links I provided, heh.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

P.S.

I am puzzled by the reading abilities of some of you frankly.

First basically you are saying the same thing I am saying, so I really don't get what is your point.

Point out which part of my posts contraddicts anything you just said.

Zenimax Media owns Bethesda Softworks (in-house publisher), Bethesda Games Studios (makers of TES) and Zenimax Online (makers of ESO), nobody even knows the existence of Zenimax Media because they trade as Bethesda (Softworks).

All the games produced under the umbrella of Zenimax Media are labeled as Bethesda games even if they are developed by other studios (including ID Software, Arkane Studios............. and Zenimax Online).

So ESO will be marketed to the masses as a Bethesda Softworks game.

Secondly.

My first comment regarding Bethesda losing its status of cool and influential publisher, was referring to the Bethesda Publisher, which is basically Zenimax Media mark of quality.

So whether ESO is made by Bethesda Studios or Zenimax Online it doesn't matter one bit.............. for the masses ESO will be a Bethesda game, therefore if ESO will be disappointing, it will hit Bethesda credibility (that was my initial point which is debatable of course).

Just to make it even more clear for people who don't read much.

Zenimax Media created Zenimax Online Studios to make ESO (prove me wrong please).

Unlike ID Software and Arkane Studios which are external Studios (but fully owned), Zenimax Online is more integrated with the Bethesda family, it is basically the Online branch of Zenimax Media, while Bethesda Game Studios is the Single Player Branch.

So in fact ESO is a proper Bethesda Softwork game since has been commissioned by Zenimax Media (Bethesda) itself.

P.S.

I am puzzled by the reading abilities of some of you frankly.

First basically you are saying the same thing I am saying, so I really don't get what is your point.

Point out which part of my posts contraddicts anything you just said.

Zenimax Media owns Bethesda Softworks (in-house publisher), Bethesda Games Studios (makers of TES) and Zenimax Online (makers of ESO), nobody even knows the existence of Zenimax Media because they trade as Bethesda (Softworks).

All the games produced under the umbrella of Zenimax Media are labeled as Bethesda games even if they are developed by other studios (including ID Software, Arkane Studios............. and Zenimax Online).

So ESO will be marketed to the masses as a Bethesda Softworks game.

Secondly.

My first comment regarding Bethesda losing its status of cool and influential publisher, was referring to the Bethesda Publisher, which is basically Zenimax Media mark of quality.

So whether ESO is made by Bethesda Studios or Zenimax Online it doesn't matter one bit.............. for the masses ESO will be a Bethesda game, therefore if ESO will be disappoint, it will hit Bethesda credibility (that was my initial point).

Just to make it even more clear for people who don't read much.

Zenimax Media created Zenimax Online Studios to make ESO (prove me wrong please).

Unlike ID Software and Arkane Studios which are external Studios (but fully owned), Zenimax Online is more integrated with the Bethesda family, it is basically the Online branch of Zenimax Media, while Bethesda Game Studios is the Single Player Branch.

So in fact ESO is a proper Bethesda Softwork game since has been commissioned by Zenimax Media (Bethesda) itself.

The part where you claim that Zenimax Media trades as Bethesda. It doesn't. They both have their logo on their games. And where you said "

So in fact ESO is a proper Bethesda Softwork game since has been commissioned by Zenimax Media (Bethesda) itself."

Which is ridiculous since since firstly: Zenimax and Bethesda are not the same thing. Different teams. Secondly: Being commissioned doesn't mean that it is developed by Bethesda Softwork, even less so since Bethesda Softwork doesn't develop, they publish. They haven't developed since 2001.

And concerning this:

"I am puzzled by the reading abilities of some of you frankly."

Please, for gods sake, please read the links.

For someone the age of 36 whom lives in the UK you sure have a lot of spelling errors. And you don't need to use so many dots when trying to make an Ellipsis!

So please. Read the links about parent and daughter companies, learn a thing or two, then reply. Okay?

The part where you claim that Zenimax Media trades as Bethesda. It doesn't. They both have their logo on their games. And where you said "

So in fact ESO is a proper Bethesda Softwork game since has been commissioned by Zenimax Media (Bethesda) itself."

Which is ridiculous since since firstly: Zenimax and Bethesda are not the same thing. Different teams. Secondly: Being commissioned doesn't mean that it is developed by Bethesda Softwork, even less so since Bethesda Softwork doesn't develop, they publish. They haven't developed since 2001.

You keep not reading stuff, while making bold claims.

1) Zenimax Media do not make games................. they make their games through Bethesda Games Studios and Zenimax Online Studios

2) If you still insisting that Zenimax Online and Bethesda Softwork are not the same company, I'll have to quote directly something from its Wiki, since you can't even be bothered to go and check it yourself:

"ZeniMax Media was Co-founded in May 1999 by Bethesda Softworks founder Christopher Weaver and DC lawyer Robert A. Altman.[8] Weaver's vision was to use Bethesda Softworks as a hybrid-media company which would create cross-media properties for a diverse range of different platforms. Weaver brought Altman on board as CEO, contributing his stock in Bethesda Softworks so that the new shell company, named ZeniMax Media, would be able to obtain funding. Weaver served initially as Chief Technology Officer of the company from 1999-2002, then moved to a non-operational role in 2002."

Can this info overcome your delusion or that's enough to convince you?

I understand you are running out of things to say without confirming that you are not reading what I am writing, but  please stop making personal attacks on grammar and learn how to read yourself instead of replying instinctively without thinking.

Just because I live in UK doesn't mean I am British......... stick with commenting the content of my posts not the form.

I might be a bit too harsh at times but I never try to win arguments by pointing out how bad someones grammar is........... that's an argument for losers.

You keep not reading stuff, while making bold claims.

1) Zenimax Media do not make games................. they make their games through Bethesda Games Studios and Zenimax Online Studios

2) If you still insisting that Zenimax Online and Bethesda Softwork are not the same company, I'll have to quote directly something from its Wiki, since you can't even be bothered to go and check it yourself:

"ZeniMax Media was Co-founded in May 1999 by Bethesda Softworks founder Christopher Weaver and DC lawyer Robert A. Altman.[8] Weaver's vision was to use Bethesda Softworks as a hybrid-media company which would create cross-media properties for a diverse range of different platforms. Weaver brought Altman on board as CEO, contributing his stock in Bethesda Softworks so that the new shell company, named ZeniMax Media, would be able to obtain funding. Weaver served initially as Chief Technology Officer of the company from 1999-2002, then moved to a non-operational role in 2002."

Can this info overcome your delusion or that's enough to convince you?

I understand you are running out of things to say without confirming that you are not reading what I am writing, but  please stop making personal attacks on grammar and learn how to read yourself instead of replying instinctively without thinking.

Just because I live in UK doesn't mean I am British......... stick with commenting the content of my posts not the form.

I might be a bit too harsh at times but I never try to win arguments by pointing out how bad someones grammar is........... that's an argument for losers.

Oh the irony. I never said Zenimax Media develops games. Bethesda Softworks doesn't either. It's Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Game Studios that develop. (Well done, with the reading you pride yourself with)

Neither did I try to win an argument about grammars, I just said that because your spelling capabilities reflect upon your reading capabilities. And again with the ellipsis', sure you're using less but that's still way too many.

Oh the irony. I never said Zenimax Media develops games. Bethesda Softworks doesn't either. It's Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Game Studios that develop.

Neither did I try to win an argument about grammars, I just said that because your spelling capabilities reflect upon your reading capabilities. And again with the ellipsis', sure you're using less but that's still way too many.

Really?

Yes the irony....................

You won't see any Zenimax Media logo anywhere in any of their games, you see only the Bethesda Softwork logos, which as I said and as anyone can gather from the quote I took from the Wiki, is the the name Zenimax Media trades with in the Gaming Industry.

Zenimax Media is just a Proxy company created by Bethesda Softworks to attract investments and fund their games.

I am not even going to comment on your second sentence, you are the clear example that perfect spelling and grammar doesn't equal good reading capabilities.

But anyway, leaving personal comments aside.

I don't even have to read any Wiki about Bethesda because I am old enough to have witnessed how Bethesda was born and how it evolved through time.

I played the first 2 games they made, TES1: Arena and TES 2: Daggerfall, when Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios were actually the same thing.

They didn't have any other games in their stables, but TES.

Then they hit the jackpot with TES 3: Morrowind which was a huge success, and that allowed Bethesda to spread their wings and try other things.

So they restructured the company, creating Zenimax Media, Bethesda Softwork (became publisher) and Bethesda Game Studios.................... and in 2007 they also created Zenimax Online.

We can discuss what degree of independence Bethesda Studios and Zenimax Online have from Bethesda Softworks, but we can't ignore the fact that all those brands are very close together.

Oh the irony. I never said Zenimax Media develops games. Bethesda Softworks doesn't either. It's Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Game Studios that develop.

Really?

Yes the irony....................

You won't see any Zenimax Media logo anywhere in any of their games, you see only the Bethesda Softwork logos, which as I said and as anyone can gather from the quote I took from the Wiki, is the the name Zenimax Media trades with in the Gaming Industry.

Zenimax Media is just a Proxy company created by Bethesda Softworks to attract investments and fund their games.

I am not even going to comment on your second sentence, you are the clear example that perfect spelling and grammar doesn't equal good reading capabilities.

But anyway, leaving personal comments aside.

I don't even have to read any Wiki about Bethesda because I am old enough to have witnessed how Bethesda was born and how it evolved through time.

I played the first 2 games they made, TES1: Arena and TES 2: Daggerfall, when Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios were actually the same thing.

They didn't have any other games in their stables, but TES.

Then they hit the jackpot with TES 3: Morrowind which was a huge success, and that allowed Bethesda to spread their wings and try other things.

So they restructured the company, creating Zenimax Media, Bethesda Softwork (became publisher) and Bethesda Game Studios.................... and in 2007 they also created Zenimax Online.

We can discuss what degree of independence Bethesda Studios and Zenimax Online have from Bethesda Softworks, but we can't ignore the fact that all those brands are very close together.

I literally had just a couple of sentences there. Yet you still manage to rant on about it that much?

Also, they've actually made a lot of games other than (and before)  the TES series. And here's a screenshot of what's used in most of the opening screens of their games:

There you go, undeniable proof that Zenimax Media doesn't refer to itself as Bethesda or doesn't have their logo in their games. Please stop arguing with yourself and start using ellipsis' correctly.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Okay guys, forgive me but WTF happened here? I mean I love all of you but... I am reading replies in thread splitting hairs about what going anal means... Do you understand?

O.O

OP, I honestly think you are shilling too hard and this thread isn't going to help your cause. Right now ESO means a lot of disappointments I am trying to get over to accept the beast for what it is.

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Okay guys, forgive me but WTF happened here? I mean I love all of you but... I am reading replies in thread splitting hairs about what going anal means... Do you understand?

O.O

OP, I honestly think you are shilling too hard and this thread isn't going to help your cause. Right now ESO means a lot of disappointments I am trying to get over to accept the beast for what it is.

You are, of course, correct. But just as with the term "Anal" you are using "Shilling" in the wrong context. OP is hardly paid to make a poorly constructed thread to see what people want. And even if he was paid to do it, he isn't shamelessly promoting the game.

I literally had just a couple of sentences there. Yet you still manage to rant on about it that much?

Also, they've actually made a lot of games other than the TES series. And here's a screenshot of what's used in most of the opening screens of their games:

There you go, undeniable proof that Zenimax Media doesn't refer to itself as Bethesda. Please stop arguing with yourself and start using ellipsis' correctly.

Lol are you serious, that' the best you can come up with?

In that picture I see only the Bethesda logo and in small print that it is owned by Zenimax Media......... no logo either (It doesn't contradict anything I said, the opposite is true).

Technically Zenimax Media owns Bathesda Softworks (this is not the issue) but they are in fact the same company (re-read the Wiki quote)

Zenimax Media don't make or produce games directly, it does it through Bethesda Softworks.

You are just proving all I was saying for the last 5 posts, that Zenimax Media trades as Bethesda Softworks in the game Industry.

The 2 companies have different scopes of course, but the people who runs them both are pretty much the same.

Anyway I agree that's gone way off topic.

The OP didn't mean to start a discussion on Bethesda history I guess, so I am going to pack it up.

Whatever I wanted to say on the subject I said it.

Also, they've actually made a lot of games other than the TES series. And here's a screenshot of what's used in most of the opening screens of their games:

There you go, undeniable proof that Zenimax Media doesn't refer to itself as Bethesda. Please stop arguing with yourself and start using ellipsis' correctly.

Lol are you serious, that' the best you can come up with?

In that picture I see only the Bethesda logo and in small print that it is owned by Zenimax Media......... no logo either (By the way ask any average Skyrim player if they know what's Zenimax Media is).

Technically Zenimax Media owns Bathesda Softworks (this is not the issue) but they are in fact the same company (re-read the Wiki quote)

Zenimax Media don't make or produce games directly, it does it through Bethesda Softworks.

You are just proving all I was saying for the last 5 posts, that Zenimax Media trades as Bethesda Softworks in the game Industry.

The 2 companies have different scopes of course, but the people who runs them both are pretty much the same.

Well, I can see you're hellbent on having it your way. I've given you links after links proving that they are not the same. Look at the picture and you'll see that they're actually referring to themselves as a separate company. If they traded as Bethesda that would mean that they wouldn't use their own logo.

And for balls sake, it says Zenimax media on the back of Skyrim's box. Different people run them, they have different functions and that's the definition of Difference.

And the logo is hardly smallprint. It takes up 2-4 cm of the screen. That's only small relative to the Bethesda Softworks text. Anyhow, I'm done arguing with you. Enjoy your spelling error riddled life of ignorance and self-righteousness. Come back when you learn to write and read. Cheers.

Asrlohz you keep repeating the same things over and over ignoring what I am saying.

I know that Zenimax Media owns Bethesda Softworks, I was the first one to acknowledge that in one of my first posts, stop repeating the obvious.

The fact is though, that Bethesda Softworks actually created Zenimax Media ( the company that now owns it) in order to obtain funding more easily, while Bethesda Softworks would focus on the core business (making games).

I will leave it to others to make up their mind, no point in going on for another 2 pages with you repeating that Zenimax Media own Bethesda Softworks (We all agree already, that's a fact!)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

"Who are you guys? 

First off, the term "Anal" (from Freudian Psychology) is the stupidest term ever. Most of the people using it has no idea what it means. Even less that the Anal Stage could essentially turn out to be the opposite of what you refer to as "being anal".

Secondly, what "you" just wrote is the definition what a "Team" is. It is a different studio, but it's affiliated with Zenimax Media. And of course their resources are used there. It's almost as if you didn't click the links I provided, heh.

You're right. I can see how the common North American shortening of anal retentive into just "anal" when what we really mean is obsessive compulsive is imprecise. I'm sure it's particularly annoying to those who obsess about getting things exactly right.

I should have painted a picture: 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

You're right. I can see how the common North American shortening of anal retentive into just "anal" when what we really mean is obsessive compulsive is imprecise. I'm sure it's particularly annoying to those who obsess about getting things exactly right.

I should have painted a picture: 

Those peas look delicious.

Edit: Sorry, the peas distracted me. What I meant to say was "It still doesn't mean Obsessive Compulsion. There's already something for that called OCD."

The anal stage of the freudian childhood ages essentially says that the child will grow up to be either overly neat or not at all. But there's nothing obsessive nor compulsive about it. It's like saying "You have ADHD" because a child can't sit still and has a slow attention span. But that's what bloody children do. They play and don't listen!

Oh, by the way, Freud's stages aren't proven to be psychologically correct. That theory is one of his most controversial ones he made. Cheers!

• himodshimods Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by aleos
    to me it just goes to show it doesn't matter what the setting or the lore of the game is when every mmo that comes out today is just a repeat of the last.

This right here.

This really is the dark ages of mmorpgs. Moneymen and marketing hold the reigns, developers are forced to be the donkies.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

It's a risk, it could turn out good or bad or fairly inconsequential both ways.

Despite what people say about the development of this game not affecting the SP games, its success will undoubtedly play a role in the heads of publishers, investors and the public in general.

On the other hand it might turn out like a LOTRO: an okay but otherwise independent product that doesn't really affect much of the rest of the franchise.

We'll see, lets hope it turns out decent at launch.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Asrlohz you keep repeating the same things over and over ignoring what I am saying.

I know that Zenimax Media owns Bethesda Softworks, I was the first one to acknowledge that in one of my first posts, stop repeating the obvious.

The fact is though, that Bethesda Softworks actually created Zenimax Media ( the company that now owns it) in order to obtain funding more easily, while Bethesda Softworks would focus on the core business (making games).

I will leave it to others to make up their mind, no point in going on for another 2 pages with you repeating that Zenimax Media own Bethesda Softworks (We all agree already, that's a fact!)

But that still doesn't alter the fact that he only reason your quoting that is because you originally stated:

"it means is the beginning of the end for Bethesda as an original and influential Publisher (See also Bioware)"

And that is objectively wrong because they have already published far worse games under the Bethesda Softworks logo over the past ten plus years