Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fires of Heaven Guild Backing Pantheon

It is great to see Fires of Heaven, the top guild from EQ1 back in the day, backing Pantheon.

So much so, that going to their guild website redirects you to the kickstarter page.

www.fohguild.org

What a great way to get the word out!

--------------------------------------------

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The www.fohguild.org site was shut down a while back. Most of the people who posted there went to the new site that they opened, www.rerolled.org
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Go Go Gadget Redirect.
  • yilayila Member UncommonPosts: 29

Yeah the word is getting out for sure.  I don't see this kickstarter slowing down as long as people keep posting (good or bad) . 

facts are todays games and their "future visions of mmorpg" are so far from what a player wants.  Pantheon at least tells you right from the get go what they are about, what audience of players they are looking to cater too and not afraid to make a game actually hard involving forced grouping and socializing.

Cant wait.

yila

• jagd241jagd241 Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Wellspring

It is great to see Fires of Heaven, the top guild from EQ1 back in the day, backing Pantheon.

So much so, that going to their guild website redirects you to the kickstarter page.

www.fohguild.org

Wow :D Surprising, but cool.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Awesome

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• popsicledeathpopsicledeath Member Posts: 108

EQ was the kind of game  that mattered what you did, such that people and guilds were made into gaming legends.  Whether Afterlife or FoH or Fansy the Famous Bard.  You could make a name for yourself, because the game mattered.  I'm hoping/thinking Pantheon can be the same sort of game where your exploits matter and you're not just another nobody on an endless cycle of free loot handouts from quest grinding.

Turns me off so much in modern games where everything is done in your own private instance, and every other player is getting all the same rewards as you for just showing up it seems.  I want a game like Pantheon where you'll actually be BETTER than other people because you're better at the game.  I don't mind seeing people with more levels and better gear, as it just gives me something to strive for.  Unlike the status quo these days where you've all got the same gear because you killed the same instanced 'raid' and turned in the same amount of tokens.  No thanks. 

I'm not afraid of a little competition in my gaming, and by the looks of it Pantheon isn't afraid of it either!

According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by popsideath

EQ was the kind of game  that mattered what you did, such that people and guilds were made into gaming legends.  Whether Afterlife or FoH or Fansy the Famous Bard.  You could make a name for yourself, because the game mattered.  I'm hoping/thinking Pantheon can be the same sort of game where your exploits matter and you're not just another nobody on an endless cycle of free loot handouts from quest grinding.

Turns me off so much in modern games where everything is done in your own private instance, and every other player is getting all the same rewards as you for just showing up it seems.  I want a game like Pantheon where you'll actually be BETTER than other people because you're better at the game.  I don't mind seeing people with more levels and better gear, as it just gives me something to strive for.  Unlike the status quo these days where you've all got the same gear because you killed the same instanced 'raid' and turned in the same amount of tokens.  No thanks. 

I'm not afraid of a little competition in my gaming, and by the looks of it Pantheon isn't afraid of it either!

+1

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Originally posted by Wellspring

www.fohguild.org

BTW, i would just like to add that guild Afterlife was the best guild in EQ1.  FoH was just the most famous, and i have proof :-)

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/template.cgi?page=index_jun_dec00

Thursday Jul 6'th 2000 image

Thanotos 3:15pm pst
    Afterlife stomps GM challenge
    We were issued a GM challenge as were numerous other guilds across the servers. Apparently before we completed it, the fastest time was around 15 mins longer. So according to our friendly Verant Events coordinator, AL RULES! er.... We're the #1 Guild in EQ :)

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    The project should hit 800k fairly easily. I'm more concerned with Brad actually showing up to work. The class design also sounds very themparky after Cleric details were released. No forced questing was a welcome surprise though.