Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Political correctness invades the MMO world.

13»

Comments

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485

"Wildstar is cartoony and 4kids so censorship is required, I don't play western MMOs anyway. My korean MMOs are there with beautiful and sexy ladies characters to play"

Often asian MMOs are so sophomoric they can actually feel uncomfortable to play. FFXIV has to be the worst  wow clone I have ever played and it has ugly women to boot. Only the cat girls are passable.  The asian MMOs seem awful - the ones I have played anyway. Tera looks nice but has lousy questing..so good luck with the whole Asian MMO thing.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Shana77

So after I read the article about Carbines decision to reduce the breast size of their female models in Wildstar because a small vocal group felt offended by them, I have two lingering questions. 

1. Should large breasted women be ashamed of themselves? This may seem like a weird statement, but there seems to be a very vocal and agressive minority that feels that large breasts are an insult to womenhood and they are getting their way.

2. Is this the start of a new trend, where western MMO's like Wildstar have to adjust their artistic style to the will of the PC crowd?

Are we going to see changes in male models as well? Are we going to see a variation of minorities, sexual preferences, religions in a sanatized model that is void of any hints of sexuality, petrified to offend anyone?

The problem is the people complaining about sexism apparently don't even know what sexism is.  Sorry but big boobs does not equal sexism and neither does sexy. I'm sorry these people cannot view women as anything more than body parts and objects.

Steam: Neph

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Prenho3
    Wildstar is cartoony and 4kids so censorship is required, I don't play western MMOs anyway. My korean MMOs are there with beautiful and sexy ladies characters to play.

Because no kid's mom, sister, or other female relative has big boobs?  Just sayin...

Steam: Neph

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

The problem is the people complaining about sexism apparently don't even know what sexism is.  Sorry but big boobs does not equal sexism and neither does sexy. I'm sorry these people cannot view women as anything more than body parts and objects.

Sexism includes stereotyping, something Wildstar is most definitely guilty of with its character design for both male and female characters. Changing the boob size does not really improve this though so its either a hollow gesture trying to appease certain interest groups or was done for some other technical reason.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• Originally posted by Prenho3
    Wildstar is cartoony and 4kids so censorship is required, I don't play western MMOs anyway. My korean MMOs are there with beautiful and sexy ladies characters to play.

And **cough** a loli race that had to be given less revealing clothes before it could go west.  But that is not important right now **jedi mindtrick hand wave**

(That's referring to Tera Elin btw)

This discussion has been closed.