Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
  • UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339

In Brad we trust

The overview doesn't list the desire to return to challenging gameplay. That's probably one of the biggest features of this game.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

None of the other developers think there is a market for old school hardcore group focused MMO's anymore....

Lets prove them wrong!

--------------------------------------------
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

I so hope they will reach that goal, the genre desperately need this game.

hail, Aradune

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

2.5 million just for crafting...

Ah well, good luck I guess. Hope you at least come up with a title that sounds less generic or Michael Bay inspired.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    I don't know you can have another 10 years of lousy mmorpgs or you can have a good mmorpg with a bad name. I know it's a tough choice.
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

I pledged $45!

2017, hell I'm only turning 47 then. What's another 3-4 years. hehehe

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    pass already waiting on 5 other kickstarters for a few years now.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    • An MMO developed by gamers who aren't afraid to target an audience of like-minded gamers. So, old-school... gee, no game has made that claim lately!
    •  
    • A fantasy themed Massively Multiplayer Role Playing game (MMO) with a heavy focus on character development, an immersive world, and teamwork. In other words, forced grouping for everything
    •  
    • An MMO for players wanting a challenging and rewarding experience. A line so generic it may as well be invisible.
    •  
    • An open world in which you explore to obtain not only more powerful items but also new spells and abilities. Gw2 already tried this, didn't go over all that well.
    •  
    • Travel where and when you want to in a non-linear world. Name one game where you can't do that already. Granted you'll be torn apart by monsters much higher level than yourself, but I assure you the worlds are very much non-linear.
    •  
    • A huge world to explore, trade, and adventure in.
    • Another generic, invisible line
    •  
    • A complex back-story that players may gradually discover as they grow in power and explore the world.
    • Has any game ever launched without some variation on this? Hire some marketing people, sheesh.
    • A constantly expanding and evolving world.
    • Generic as the title. Next!
    • Group-focused social gameplay using a class based system to encourage teamwork.
    • A fancy way of saying it uses the trinity, and forces people to group to do anything meaningful. Yawn.
    • Customize your class by bonding with the spirits of fallen warriors.
    • Why would I want the skills of warriors who couldn't even keep themselves alive? Also, cliched as everything else so far.
    • Reactive combat where you can determine what the NPC is doing and react to it. (move, counter, deflect, etc.). Oh boy, action combat. Because that's worked out so well for other games these days, right? Plus it just screams OLD SCHOOL, too.
    • Combat will be challenging and involved -- your decisions will matter and directly affect the battle's outcome. Says the same thing as the previous line, and once again is nearly invisible due to how generic it is. Plus GW2, Tera, and RaiderZ (among others) beat you to this quite some time ago. Plus all the SP games like Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur, Divinity 2, Skyrim, etc.
    • Travel the world and profit from selling exotic items collected from distant realms. Different cities and outposts may have local Bazaars. Are you just pulling these from a generic book of fantasy game taglines?
    • Limited and class based teleportation may get you close, but in order to reach many destinations you will have to traverse the planar scarred lands of Terminus through the use of your own two feet or on the back of your mighty steed. So, you'll have to walk... like EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTENCE.
    • Earning experience is only part of what it takes to level up. Exploring the world you will gain knowledge and power allowing you to overcome more powerful enemies. Normally the acquisition of knowledge and power could be termed 'gaining experience', but hey, I've only been playing these games since the 80's, so what would I know eh?
    • The game will run on PC, Mac, and possibly other platforms in the future. Oh goody, so I can play on my android when I'm bored at work.
     I'll believe it when I see it. What, you haven't seen this game release a hundred times in the last two decades?

Me too my friend, me too. Though from examining the 'claims' made, we've already had it for, well... since the genre was born, really. Quite honestly, nothing here sounds new, exciting, innovative, fresh, or anything but old & tired, much like Brad's other games.

Screenshots look good though, so there is that.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

^^^ apparently, some people don't quite get it. And that's fine, unlike other MMO's, Pantheon isn't trying to target everyone.

Those who have experience EQ1 and VG, know what Brad is capable of, and what the possibilities are with him at the helm of another MMO.

Anyone who has played on an EQ1 progression server knows there is still a huge demand for the way MMOs used to be.

--------------------------------------------
  • RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Backing and good luck!

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• tcostisitcostisi Member Posts: 2
    Count me as someone who is really excited about this.  Backing now!
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Oh look, another generic MMORPG. Quick everyone, grab your wallets and throw money at them! It must be amazing!
  • IcybloodIcyblood Member Posts: 6
    I have been reading these forums for a decade now and was content on just reading others. This game actually got me to actually sign up so i can join the convo and show support. I miss ealrly days of EQ , EQOA, and then EQ2 when i knew people outside of my guild due to social interaction.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Coated
    Oh look, another generic MMORPG. Quick everyone, grab your wallets and throw money at them! It must be amazing!

Oh look, another person who has nothing constructive to say and fails to see what this development is aiming for.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by Coated

Generic? I'd prefer an MMO that actually encourages the MM part in MMO, tyvm.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Hope it turns out well (I know some are dying for this type of game), but those backing should watch the videos beforehand, might not be as "old school" as some are hoping.

Sounds like EQ transported to 2017 with instancing, telegraphs, and some form of action combat.

I would be interested if EQN wasn't coming and trying to be some what out of the box.

After 15 years, you'd think he would have at least a couple original concepts in his head. Makes me think of Al Bundy trying to relieve his HS football years. Then again, I guess that is the point. 

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Allein

Hope it turns out well (I know some are dying for this type of game), but those backing should watch the videos beforehand, might not be as "old school" as some are hoping.

Sounds like EQ transported to 2017 with instancing, telegraphs, and some form of action combat.

I would be interested if EQN wasn't coming and trying to be some what out of the box.

After 15 years, you'd think he would have at least a couple original concepts in his head. Makes me think of Al Bundy trying to relieve his HS football years. Then again, I guess that is the point. 

Actually.. he does but they don't want to toss them out there before testing them..

Your facts are bit off too.. I suggest you wait till they update the FAQ.. 

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

They are tossing quite a bit out there, all of that has been tested and approved?

My FAQs are based on their FAQs and what Brad said in the Q&A videos, which I'm assuming are also FAQs =)

Like I said, I'd be interested if EQN didn't look quite a bit more exciting, but to get Star Citizen level backing, they are going to need more then just what has been done before. Yes there are fans that was to go back in time, but do they have the money to support it?

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    2.5 million just for crafting to be included. This should be feature numero uno in my opinion and should be included as a core feature not a stretch goal. Without a guarantee for this stretch goal to be achieved i can't back this unless i know for absolute certainty crafting is going to be indepth.
    Originally posted by Allein

They are tossing quite a bit out there, all of that has been tested and approved?

My FAQs are based on their FAQs and what Brad said in the Q&A videos, which I'm assuming are also FAQs =)

Like I said, I'd be interested if EQN didn't look quite a bit more exciting, but to get Star Citizen level backing, they are going to need more then just what has been done before. Yes there are fans that was to go back in time, but do they have the money to support it?

Point is there is a ton of info on its way out.. Don't rule this game out.. I'm sure someone from the team will clear a few things up for you..

Like your instance comment.. That will be used to advance a storyline when needed. It won't be a big part of the game.

the combat will not be twitch.  Probably an advancement to VG combat.. DT/OT targeting in.

Originally posted by Mavolence
    2.5 million just for crafting to be included. This should be feature numero uno in my opinion and should be included as a core feature not a stretch goal. Without a guarantee for this stretch goal to be achieved i can't back this unless i know for absolute certainty crafting is going to be indepth.

The guy who created the crafting system is on the team..  VG has one of the best crafting.. As for hitting the goal.. All the more reason so it's in at launch.. Even tho I think it will be anyway.. They need to put things people want in stretch goals to get people to back the KS.. 

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Convo

The guy who created the crafting system is on the team..  VG has one of the best crafting.. As for hitting the goal.. All the more reason so it's in at launch.. Even tho I think it will be anyway.. They need to put things people want in stretch goals to get people to back the KS.. 

That is good news, I loved VG's harvesting/crafting system, and the diplomacy on the side was a nice thing to toy with here and there.

Originally posted by Xthos
    Originally posted by Convo

That is good news, I loved VG's harvesting/crafting system, and the diplomacy on the side was a nice thing to toy with here and there.

I thought so too.. The regional trade system will be pretty cool too. I don't like global AH bc it lowers the value of everything. I want more of demand on the stuff I make!