Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Consumable Armories Debut in Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

DC Universe Online players can now purchase consumable "armories" from the in game shop that grant the ability to save various character builds. Each base can feature four armories for a grand total of sixteen, with the ability to carry four into battle. Armories make switching specs for a variety of situations quick and easy.

Building a character in DC Universe Online is a lifelong process. From the start, Heroes and Villains define who they are by creating their own unique look for their unique characters. They choose their superpowers, their weapons, their skills, then search for their gear and style as they progress on their missions to save (or destroy) the world. With all the options to choose from - and all the different situations a single character needs to be ready for - that can sometimes mean a lot of cumbersome costume changes. Sound familiar?

It should, but not for much longer. Starting today, those slow changes become lightning fast with Armories. An Armory is a visual Base item you can use to imprint (save) everything about your character's build, including your gear, skill points, power points, loadouts, role, styles, and colors. 

Check out more information about armories on the DC Universe Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

whaaaa, activating these during combat in PvE?  Thats kind of weird.. so its almost like you basically get to swap roles and everything that comes with it, including everything that comes with that....

I guess thats kind of a cool idea...  you get access to plenty of new abilities and a role change in combat,  but why would you ever need to have 4 separate ones.. unless each has a separate cooldown... in which case I can see 4 being necessary to swap as often as you'd like.

• jayvierljayvierl Member Posts: 31

Great idea, I love it. DC Universe online continues to impress me with their constant updates. I love this game.

One of the best MMO's out right now. Hands down.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

whaaaa, activating these during combat in PvE?  Thats kind of weird.. so its almost like you basically get to swap roles and everything that comes with it, including everything that comes with that....

I guess thats kind of a cool idea...  you get access to plenty of new abilities and a role change in combat,  but why would you ever need to have 4 separate ones.. unless each has a separate cooldown... in which case I can see 4 being necessary to swap as often as you'd like.

It says "consumable", so maybe you need to carry 4 because you lose them on use?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Perfect for the epic gear grind this game turned into. Can't wait for the next DLC to try... oh wait, I won't be able to try the next DLC because my gear score won't be high enough. Good job, SOE!

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

Funny this is the only MMORPG from the past 3 years that I keep coming back to and I've tried all the big names and quite a few smaller ones that have been released lately.