Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you planning on playing in April?

NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

With a lot of criticism hitting the web lately and many voicing their likes and concerns about the features we know of so far, do you plan on buying the game when it launches in April? What features of the game do you like and which ones are you not so sure of?

I for one have seen enough and been fortunate to be a part of most of the betas and my decision is:

I will ABSO-FREAKIN-LOOTLY be playing it when it launches!!

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    I'll wait till the first real reviews come in after a couple of months, too much bad experience diving into a heavily hyped MMO that got released too soon or did not meet the expectations and is collecting dust.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I'm going to give it a shot, I don't care about reviews and like to get my own review first hand.
  • sojurnesojurne Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I will be playing at launch and early access and plan on pre ordering the collectors edition, and if they have a lifetime sub ill be getting that too, ..  looking forward to the fun.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Only if I get in a beta or an open one before launch that lets me try the combat out.  Not sure about the console and pc aspect.  Not a fan of GW2 combat and other "action" combat games.
  • PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

Hopefully, I will be playing in March and April. Hoping for early access from pre-orders.

Taking two weeks off work for release. I don't mind the issues that come with release day. If you know what it will be and have accepted it ahead of time, its fine. But, names are important to me and with a megaserver, its important to reserve names early.

Plus, any down time will give me a chance to get away from my computer for a few hours during those weeks.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

I've always envisioned elder scrolls as a mmo.  So unlike a lot of people, I won't really miss the single player experience.  I'll most likely buy it. How long I play always seems to be the real question. 

• PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260
    I just get bored with single-player games. Maybe I am not social enough in my real life, so I like to find social aspects in games. If you worked with the people I do, you would understand.

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I will give it a thought near the end of the year when it goes F2P. Maybe.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Tr3izeTr3ize Member Posts: 35
    I'm not sure yet. I've heard good and bad stuff, so I'll most likely wait for a beta invite or wait till the first week of release is over and see what people think of it.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

I need some kind of open beta test or free trial before i make up my mind. i will never buy a MMO again without testing it first.

unless of course they ever make Asherons Call 3

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    One has to wonder though for those that voted the game doesn't interest them what are they doing wasting their time reading a thread about it?  After all they did just vote they have no interest in the game.
  • GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Author why you're making so many Polls?

Are you planning on playing? Poll

ESO will fail ? Poll

Could you explain me nicely what makes you create these HOLY WAR topics?

I said YES  no doubt there . Nobody told you ESO  will take place in Tamriel and there will be all provinces ? From weird , dusty Morrowind up to endless green Valenwood.  For me correct answer to this poll is obvious .

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Not playing, had my fill of themeparks on rails.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Fearum
    I'm going to give it a shot, I don't care about reviews and like to get my own review first hand.

Same for me!

I´ll be playing at lauch....if i don´t like i quit....it´s not the first time and won´t be the last neither.

I bet i get some fun out of it anyway.

I keep myself on low expectations though....

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I'll be in the wait and see box. I'm in no rush to be anywhere in the game so waiting to see if it's a disaster wont hurt me any.
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

I can't believe you guys are going to judge a game in beta, hell not only that but you are only waiting for the beta to make your judgement about it and not really beta test it. =/

I see where these betas are going these days. 

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    I will be trying it just for the 3 sided PvP if nothing else. I need something to play while I wait for other games to come out anyway. If it doesn't pan out then it isn't that big of a deal to me. It's not like you're dropping THAT much money into it to give it a shot, but then again I have a job. I guess I can see younger people that have to borrow from their parents and such being more skeptical.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Not sure yet, it depends on if there's anything else to play at that point compared to TESO. I need to know a lot more about game mechanics and of such.

How the map will work is one big question mark to me, I havent followed the game closely so I dont know if such info is out yet, but I'm aiming to look more into the game few weeks before the launch.

I hope the map wont be like in AoC where you had those stupid stamps referring to zones and you appear there when you click on the icon. I'd much rather see a seamless transition of all playable areas that are next to eachothers, with the possibility to travel from one end of the map to the other without teleport and visible loading screen armada.

Separate zones with "click and appear there" mechanics pretty much kills it for me in mmorpgs, I want to travel and to explore in mmorpgs, I want immersion and sense of a world instead activity areas that you can hop on and off from like they were simple instances.

The game has quite nice looks on some of the pictures I've seen, and variety to areas it seems. Will be a fun adventure as long as the game mechanics and map/world mechanics are smooth enough too.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Not sure yet, it depends on if there's anything else to play at that point compared to TESO. I need to know a lot more about game mechanics and of such.

How the map will work is one big question mark to me, I havent followed the game closely so I dont know if such info is out yet, but I'm aiming to look more into the game few weeks before the launch.

I hope the map wont be like in AoC where you had those stupid stamps referring to zones and you appear there when you click on the icon. I'd much rather see a seamless transition of all playable areas that are next to eachothers, with the possibility to travel from one end of the map to the other without teleport and visible loading screen armada.

Separate zones with "click and appear there" mechanics pretty much kills it for me in mmorpgs, I want to travel and to explore in mmorpgs, I want immersion and sense of a world instead activity areas that you can hop on and off from like they were simple instances.

The game has quite nice looks on some of the pictures I've seen, and variety to areas it seems. Will be a fun adventure as long as the game mechanics and map/world mechanics are smooth enough too.

I know this doesn't answer all your questions, but here is a pvp video released by Bethesda highlighting some of it so far.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Gilllean

Author why you're making so many Polls?

Are you planning on playing? Poll

ESO will fail ? Poll

Could you explain me nicely what makes you create these HOLY WAR topics?

I said YES  no doubt there . Nobody told you ESO  will take place in Tamriel and there will be all provinces ? From weird , dusty Morrowind up to endless green Valenwood.  For me correct answer to this poll is obvious .

Holy War topics? I simply like polls and like to see where people stand on subjects. I am not trying to start a "Holy War". Even though some will argue, people's opinions are important and many value what another thinks.

Before you know it, it will be Spring and ESO will be on it's way to launch. It is nice to see where people stand on the topic so far.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

What a question!? Does the sun rise in the east? Is the Pope a Christian? Is Link gay? ... oh wiat...

Anywho, yes sure. Did with virtually every MMO, so heh sure. This too.

(This will SO get me another ban. In the immortal words of George Takei: Oh myyyy. ^^)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm so over the action based MMOs.  I'll continue to play games like EQ, DAoC and FFXIV till another slow paced, virtual world oriented MMO comes out or get tired waiting and quit the hobby.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Yes i will play, i dont listen to other people's opinion especially on here whether or not a game is good.  If i did then i would have never played my favorite MMO which everybody here bashed when i researched it.
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by NobleNerd

With a lot of criticism hitting the web lately and many voicing their likes and concerns about the features we know of so far, do you plan on buying the game when it launches in April? What features of the game do you like and which ones are you not so sure of?

I for one have seen enough and been fortunate to be a part of most of the betas and my decision is:

I will ABSO-FREAKIN-LOOTLY be playing it when it launches!!

It's good to be passionate about something.. i hope you are not disappointed, not by the game itself, as it seem you have already seen quite a bit of it, BUT in the reaction of the community as a whole, when they don't embrace it as much as you and other insiders have.

I wonder if it matters whether someone has early access to a game, does it effect their overall opinion of a game and/or the developers. Makes me curious. I have only the benefit of those naughty NDA breakers from last beta weekend and to tell, I was not impressed and apparently , neither were they.

I can wait for a great game, hopefully by May we'll all know for sure on this one.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by winter
    One has to wonder though for those that voted the game doesn't interest them what are they doing wasting their time reading a thread about it?  After all they did just vote they have no interest in the game.

Because these posts/threads show up on the front page and the question is "are you planning on playing...".

They aren't and they give the reason "it doesn't interest them".

It's a fair answer.

As for myself? I need to come to terms a bit with a few things in this game before I decide to "give in".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo