Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conspiracy to Bash The Elder Scrolls Online?

Comments

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    A conspiracy would make it easy to deny anything plausible that is contrary to ones own opinion securing their ability to justify their walling themselves off in their own cocoon where the only thing they hear are happy frolicking leprechauns and unicorns singing the praises of an individual's opinion of yet another paint by the numbers theme park mmo where the developers make sure that the only things you are capable of doing are what they want you to do, when they want you to do it, so, as soon as you stray from the path they have decided for you they smack you down hopefully buying them more time to tack on more content before you once again reach yet another endgame where you get to sit and wait for the privilege of advancing the character you want to while the developers yet again bemoan the fact that players reached cap months ahead of their internal metrics signaling several months of nerf this buff that to give everyone something to gripe about while they continue plugging away on a new expansion that they will sell to you at a premium price point. :)
  • loltacololloltacolol Member UncommonPosts: 26

There is a lot of crap floating around about how bad the game, no endgame, or  clunky most of it is just trolling to get attention.   All i can say is give the game a real try and see for yourself when it releases.  The only thing i do not agree on that the company is launching  PC and console separate, it always sucks being behind in a MMO.

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I dunno about a conspiracy but all the negativity ids confusing and depressing to me...I'm dying for a new mmo...I'm so bored. I played pout wow and no amount of xpacs can make that old game feel New to me, I played out rift...so I needs me a new theme parkish mmo...I played a few beta weekends in eso and the big gripes, animations, graphics, combat....I dunno...I liked all of it, I was excited until I started seeing all this negativity
  • killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I think that there is of sorts as well, the amount of bashing, even for the cesspool that are these forums, is unprecedented. And I have played the beta, and most of my long time friends have as well and we all like it a lot, yet come here and read misinformation literally every day from self made "experts".

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    I know people that have played the beta.  There is no conspiracy.

My brother-in-law was in the beta and he absolutely loved it.

My point was that there is no conspiracy.  A lot of real people have played and don't like it.  I'll still try it out when its released, but my expectations are really low.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

My point was that there is no conspiracy.  A lot of real people have played and don't like it.  I'll still try it out when its released, but my expectations are really low.

how do you know they are real though? cant prove it as there is the NDA,i think its ironic that there are supposedly so many people that are in the beta, hate the game and yet dont want to release screenshots, or vid for fear of breaking the NDA. 

just that fact alone leads me to believe that there is a bashing culture, out to damage shit cause they can

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Elder Scrolls Online in development  is really the first mmorpg title since years which draws my interest. Iam really curios about the game, it sounds refreshing. The Elder Scroll & Fallout is for me one of the best game series up to date, lets see how an mmorpg will look like. By the way I appreaciate already the plans for a monthly subscription, this is very positive.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Oh, you must mean Shills. Yes, they are everywhere and not new to advertising. Even the mods here have admitted this place is plagued with shills and they try to stay on top of it. (not plagued per se, but who knows how many of these posters have a hidden agenda)

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by Comaf

<Crazy Conspiracy Nutjob-Snip>

This is unheard of.

Jesus H. Methusila!!! THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY. ESO is just a HORRIBLE game. You'll see when it launches that it is almost a copy-pasta of GW2, and a horrible horrible watered down version of DAOC's realm war. 

Just because so many people are creating backlash against your precious, does NOT mean that it is unfounded or unacceptable. Hell, I bet you haven't even played it yet.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Anyone else think the OP is being paid by Zenimax to promote the game?

Goes both ways!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by killahh

how do you know they are real though? cant prove it as there is the NDA,i think its ironic that there are supposedly so many people that are in the beta, hate the game and yet dont want to release screenshots, or vid for fear of breaking the NDA. 

just that fact alone leads me to believe that there is a bashing culture, out to damage shit cause they can

How do I know they're real???  Not sure if serious.image  Maybe you missed the part where I said I knew them.  I've known them for quite some time and have played more than a few MMOs with them and we'll probably play a lot more. 

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Those who play indie titles like Darkfall, Mortal Online, Xyson, Wurm, Fallen Earth we know that the feature set of EOS is actually LESS than that of an idie game for far less developement cost

how is that possible?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    actually I think TESO is a conspiracy by DARPA to make the masses as stupid as possible by lowering the bar of freedom 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    you can have my TESO beta account... i honestly dont want it, it's not the messiah you're looking for it's another generic uninspired MMO with nothing that great going for it, dunno what else to say except i hope you find what you're looking for in it because i dont see a very bright future for the title.

i think you'll find people are more concerned about losing their accounts on other websites... on twitch you can get banned from breaking ToS by streaming things under NDA, on forums you can get infractions and banned for doing the same with screenshots etc... i've got a beta account, not a fan of the game i'd happily release streams and screenshots if it wouldnt affect me in other places

Originally posted by mbrodie

i think you'll find people are more concerned about losing their accounts on other websites... on twitch you can get banned from breaking ToS by streaming things under NDA, on forums you can get infractions and banned for doing the same with screenshots etc... i've got a beta account, not a fan of the game i'd happily release streams and screenshots if it wouldnt affect me in other places

thats a cop-out though, most people have multiple email accounts active, therefore they can have multiple youtube, twitch ect accounts, just like the disposable accounts created on these forums to bash ESO, and other games.

• dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Is it really so hard to accept that its just a bad game?  Many people played the beta so they are not just throwing bs out there.  Those that played the beta might be trying to warn the general community of another swtor or gw2 (or worse).  In the end try it yourself and judge it yourself and if you enjoy it good for you.  But I STRONGLY suggest do not buy this game until you try it.  Never buy a game based on promises or a fantasy of what it is 'supposed' to be, you will be burned, disappointed and support bad developer habits.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I think you are mistaken. There is no conspiracy at work here, it is just a big IP and a game that strays far from the single player offerings. There are bound to be plenty of disgruntled fans.

My advice? Stop taking other peoples opinions personally. They are just that, opinions.  Someone else not liking the direction the game took should have no bearing on whether you enjoy the game or not.  Make up your own mind and get out of the flock of sheep.  This also applies to whatever the reviews end up saying about ESO.  If you enjoy it then just enjoy it. 

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

It's what, 9th or tenth AAA WoW clone with a twist that will tank after the free month? You seriously expect anyone with a clue to be not pissed off at not only more of this drivel, yet debasing a very well loved IP? You people really damage my view on the general population, you really do.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Everybody that is saying its horrible is only an opinion just like everybody saying its great is an opinion.  I remember everybody saying AOC was the worst game ever and its my favorite MMO i have ever played.  So i hope its as horrible as that because i will be having a blast for a couple years in it.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Those of us who "experienced" beta know what awaits, a train wreck of SWOTR proportions. 
  • Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Nevermind the fact that in the 2 beta events so far alot of the features haven't been implemented, the core of the game just feels...Wrong. It doesn't even feel like TES to me. The real conspiracy here is Zenimax trying to fool people into thinking this is an Elder Scrolls game and not just a mediocre mmo based on TES.
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski
    Nevermind the fact that in the 2 beta events so far alot of the features haven't been implemented, the core of the game just feels...Wrong. It doesn't even feel like TES to me. The real conspiracy here is Zenimax trying to fool people into thinking this is an Elder Scrolls game and not just a mediocre mmo based on TES.

i agree with this, the game just doesnt feel right, combat feels disconnected like you're not actually fighting whatever it is your fighting like your just randomly swinging your weapon around and blocking occasionally, movement feels floaty almost to the point where u dont connect with the ground properly... just doesnt feel right

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

As a HUGE fan of TES, played since Arena, a HUGE MMO player, played almost every western MMO since Meridian 59 and spent quite a lot of time in DAOC, and someone who has participated now in 3 ESO betas I will say this:

The game is a great AAA Theme Park MMORPG.  Not good, great!  The combat is fresh, the graphics are top-shelf (when maxxed) the lore is awesome, the quests are fun and the PvP is a breath of (old but) fresh air.

The game is also a terrible, shoddy, shadow of its IP-holder TES.  The cosmetic stuff is there, the immersion is there on the surface, the combat is there in theory, but none of it is REALLY there.

It feels like exactly what it is: a theme park.

The TES SP games are the real deal, ESO is TES fun-time adventure land.  It feels like the Game of Thrones lip-dub parody version of TES.  (reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ)

There are some really great things, and there are some really trashy, cheap things.  I won't go into detail, I've already pretty much bent the NDA as far as it'll go but if you are a DAOC fan who is looking to get back to the good old days of DAOC, this might be the place for you until CU comes out at least.  Other than that I'm not sure who the game is for.  It's not for TES fans that's for sure, and most MMO players will leave after 3 months.  And lord knows there aren't enough DAOC peeps to keep a AAA game afloat these days.

--------------------------

It's easy for anyone to see, the game should have been like this:

• Fully seamless, open world.  All of Tamriel.
    • No levelled zones, things get harder the further you are from civilization.
    • Pick any of the 10 races, no pre-made race-locked factions (because it makes zero sense).
    • 4 factions based on the 4 lore-friendly kingdoms of the Interregnum.
    • Fully open PvP with full-loot (this is how TES games are - attack/kill anyone and strip their body - player or NPC distinction is irrelevant).
    • Pair the previous with a robust NPC-enforced crime and punishment system (not just flagging) that makes being a thief or murderer incredibly difficult complete with jail-time, player bounties and PERMA-DEATH PUBLIC EXECUTIONS for the worst of the worst.
    • Make your own faction, or join an NPC faction, and siege other people's cities, or live neutrally.  The choice is yours.
    • Go anywhere, do whatever you want, play the game like TES WITH OTHER PEOPLE IN IT.
    • Quests: yeah there will be quests too, but anything like "collect 10 bear asses" would be called an errand and the Quests would be truly epic affairs like the old EQ "quests."
    • Actual real-time combat, not this soft-lock middle-ground garbage (no it's not impossible, MMOs like Darkfall and Mortal have done it).
    Anything less than something like that and it's not worthy of the TES brand.

--------------------------

So no, it's not a conspiracy, it's simply that a TES MMO conjurs in people's minds something truly ground-breaking and interesting.  Taking much of what makes TES great and translating it to an MMO would make for an incredible experience, but rather we have a watered-down hybrid that is trying to be a jack of all trades and therefore will master none.