Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try it for yourself--don't let others decide for you

There's a group of grudge boys who didn't get a free t-shirt in beta and have made it their life's mission to try to get people not to give RYL a try.

With the 14-day free trial, you can make your own decision.

Compared to RYL, Guild Wars is an updated Fairyland in pastel.  RYL has hardcore, first-person combat, and hardcore battle graphics and sound to go with it.

Follow this guide to quickly get to lvl 20 and you can start getting into big killing groups, which is where the action is:  http://forums.ryl.net/viewtopic.php?t=19395

Watch the latest episode of "The Guild" and other Pwnage videos from around the net--also post your own: http://PwnerTV.com

Comments

• AlgorithmsAlgorithms Member Posts: 6

I have been playing RYL for a couple days now and I must admit the Diablo II like interface, combined with decent 3d graphics and coupled with a very welcomed eastern flare to the combat make this game very enjoyable. I would recomend it to friends, and have.

I do have one issue with the game. The begining phases of the game make you feel like your head is cut off. If you try to jump in, create a character, you will find yourself drowning. If this game gets a nice into tutorial going for it, I think it will be a solid rival to the other MMOs on the market.

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36
    The game hasn't yet hit the shelves, but when it does you'll find a manual that comes with it. Along with that there's an NPC that offers a quick tutorial, along with a tip bar at the top of the screen that'll help out a bit. I have to admit it can be a bit fast paced at times, because RYL is all about competition.
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 7
    This game is really worth all of your pretty pennies.
  • JiveMofoJiveMofo Member Posts: 6

this looks like a cheap lineage 2 rip off, another game i dislike. but if i had a preference i'd go back to l2 than to keep playing this game.

it's like most of the asian style mmorpgs, not much rpg mostly pvp. i'm more into the traditional types. i guess they should call these mmopvp's?

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

GW is far superior in pvp and pvp tactics then RYL. By a very very very long shot.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Guild wars = 450+ skills (according to the Prima guild to the game that is being advertised)
    Risk your life = 3 - 5 skills specific to each class and around 12 - 16 basic skills.

In Risk Your life, you will get bored. You will depend on 4 stages of the same skill for most of the game. Changing your character is almost impossible.

So that you all know, these are people who are in the main Risk Your Life forums who go around like a second inquisition doing the "This game is the only game and best game out there that beats all" routine and the same people who flamed these forums in RYL forums.

Regarding the people who didn't get a free t-shirt.

First and foremost, the ad for the shirt was the worse ad I had ever seen in creation. The ad was a picture of an Akkan wearing a shirt with a troublesome human on it. Now why would an Akkan wear a shirt displaying his mortal enemy? Also the majority of people don't care about silly little game shirts.

Would you wear a Risk Your Life shirt in Public? I wouldn't wear a Guild Wars T-Shirt or Final Fantasy 11 shirt, but I would wear a shirt called "Unreal Xplosion" which is the shirt created by a group of Unreal Programmers that looks nice.

Now, I am sorry to disappoint, but people got mad when they got legitimate winning tickets in beta, went to claim prizes for the event and the staff at PWG changed the rules midway to cover their blunder. The event said the Beta Prize tickets would be Rare drops for level 50+ characters. Unfortunately, they became uncommon drops many players got. They really didn't care that much about those silly little shirts more than they cared about the company honoring their wins. In this case the company awarded some and then stopped awarding altogether leaving everyone else out in the cold. The way you claimed your prizes was to contact a GM, who basically could take the winning tickets in any order, meaning the ones who win, who are most known by a GM who turn in their tickets, automatically are a shoe in to get their prizes first. Most games have an event manager NPC in their towns, for fairness.

Responsibility of the server falls under PlanetWideGames. They made a mistake and they paid for it. They should have known how to take care of the server. Even I know something as simple as Item implementation in a game server for a MMORPG game. It isnt hard. However the fact you could not control that was your fault.

If a company makes a declaration and then doesn't honor that declaration due to their own mistakes, logically they pay for their mistakes. Those who didn't get prizes from getting winning tickets during the event phase have a right to feel bad. In fact you are lucky they didn't sue your company, because that is actually a case waiting to happen. Of course these "Grudge Boys" are no reason why everyone should support the game.

Everytime you posted in RYL forums, your entire claims and defense revolved around the entire Grudge Boy phantoms you seem to be talking about. When I investigated and asked around for names, guess what....For some reason none came up.

Could it be that you don't care about the names as much as you care about finding a reason to promote the game for yourselves? Whatever your grudge boy phantoms did, if the claim it legitimate, there is nothing you can do about it since you don't have rights to enter into other peoples accounts.

If I were running RYL itself, I would have banned all of your accounts on the grounds that you are trying to act like company employees and even threatening the company indirectly through your own actions. It is the responsibility of the staff itself at PlanetWideGames to deal with the famed Grudge Boy Phantoms, not you people.

I got around 4 - 5 winning tickets when I was in beta, and I didn't care. IPods to me are bad because I refuse to listen to MP3s on headsets and earphones that give me 64 - 128kbps quality when I can listen to a .wav track on a home entertainment center at the full 1440kbps quality at 96khz. I am heavily into sound and music and although at times I listen to 128 - 192kbps, I'd much rather listen to anything at 320kbps and if possible, get the full .WAV track rather than listening to those satanic MPs and get the full 1440kbps sound quality.

Now affirmative action is something that runs rampart in this nation. You come in typing up bits of your generated truths to dispell the opinions of others, acting like they don't have a right to make their statements simply because they do not agree with yours.

The difference between both groups is that the so called Grudge Boy Phantoms have a legitimate claim to make, which should be addressed by PWG and their resolution for the situation was very bad. A company should either give all or give none. This is part of business ethics, which seems to have become an Oxymoron in this day and age.

You have no real claim to make. You are not the company. In fact you are simply members to a game who have taken it up as a crusade to actually make the game you play number one and you go as far as calling this place corrupt, when they still devote space to RYL. You would hunt down and attack these people simply because they don't agree with you.

You are the only people who are wrong here. These people have more patience than me. If I got smeared and attacked so much, Id actually delete all traces to RYL including those banners linking to a free download of the game.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I dont need to ''try boxing'' to know I dont like been punched by others.

I dont like PvP, and RYL offer no nice option to PvE centric player.  End of discussion.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

I like how the thread starter says "Try it for yourself--don't let others decide it for you" and yet he is part of Risk Your Life forums, the main forums to the game, coming here to defend the game and try to use a beta excuse as a reason to thrust his opinion into others into playing the game.

Being from the main forums to the game and coming here and naming a thread

Try it for yourself--don't let others decide for you

Is the same as you trying to convince others to play the game. Its the thread starter trying to appear like a sweet talker and doing "Have common sense, dont listen to others and ignore the facts, even though I am a main supporter and appear nice, go out and try it since I am nice" performance.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Compared to RYL, Guild Wars is an updated Fairyland in pastel.

lemme make it simpler for you.
    they both suck balls.

Guild wars lacks game content. People getting to max lvl in 2 days and completing all content in 3 days.
    RYL is just nothing special - linear grinfest - chop-chop-potion - all that lark.
    Average graphics, poor interface, poor community - would have a small userbase even as a free mmorpg.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• IbarroIbarro Member Posts: 23

God!!! Ive been playing this game for I think 4 months now. I didnt know that there are a lot of people here don't like RYL. I've been reading most of the post, I didnt know that the game sux.. well It runs smoothly on my computer maybe because I only have 2 mmorpg game in my PC. I had also been to E3 and saw most of the game.. RYL has a tournament and a big prize money is involved. Im not against about the opinion of others but for me Im having good time playing this game. PEACE!!! ::::08::::::08::

Nothing else matters

• looploop Member Posts: 79

when i start playing ryl : path of the emperor beta, its not because i listen to others comments and etc. i choose to try the game on as my personal choice so i wont regret and blame someone like this "its your fault your the one who ask me to try it, you told me its a good game". So far the game is really entertaining and its worth playing it as it takes up my time.but its great!

In my field of paper flowers, candy clouds of lullaby. I lay inside myself for hours, and watch my purple sky fly over me. ~*Evanescence*~

Like I said in another post:

If you want PvP with the inclusion of only the united states and canada......play RYL...

If you want PvP with the inclusion of the rest of the world and even the attraction from having people from all over the world....Play Guild Wars or any other standard MMORPG MP game.

Its pretty bad that if a european or korean (You know how good koreans are so don't laugh) wanted to enter an american version of the game to try to win the tournament, it would be extremely unfair with the korean and European dealing with double to triple the ping as well as everything else.

It is standard and even a demand that if a game has the inclusion of PvP, that it would be open to the rest of the world. North America does not equal the world. If a game can't meet a basic demand, then many people would judge against it. It is not the fault of people here who have to deal with the bad coding to that game.

Hey, of course you RYL fans seem to like boasting about the 1,000,000 tournament. Guild Wars saves people Millions monthly by not having a monthly fee. Sure, it doesn't have a PvP tournament, but in any game, specially all first person shooters in the world now...I rather play PvP open to every part of the world and not just North America.

Sure, you have 1 person who will walk away with 1 million dollars. But hey, that person really is not a champion because all the settings and all the bugs in that game and the unbalanced classes will give victory to the melee or stealth class with the highest build.

• ruintruint Member Posts: 1

I have been playing this game in beta and p2p for over a year,as a game it kinda fun,but it does seem to get worse everytime it gets patched.

However the GM make up rules and ban people for no reason,just ask any question in chat get a dozen diff answers reask the question you will get told by a gm in aprivate message to shut up or get banned.

customer service is a joke  it took over two weeks to get a password reset,then it quit working the next day,been waiting 6 weeks for a problem with a guild to be fixxed ,still havent received a replygave up.

1 thing i really dislike is they have paid employees going around and posting on forums about how great it is. at least change your name so it wont be so obvious

• sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53
    hmm shinami... apparently you don't keep updated news... because the tournament includes other countries.
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by sphinxer
    hmm shinami... apparently you don't keep updated news... because the tournament includes other countries.

Gamers from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Brazil, Finland, Sweden, and India will compete and Risk Their Life in RYL: Path of the Emperor - Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game for virtual world supremacy in their goal to become the Emperor and win $1,000,000. Players outside the US and Canada are now able to purchase and download the RYL: Path of the Emperor at

..I think they missed some countries in the world (no idea why these particular countries where allowed).

• iveria18iveria18 Member Posts: 123

yes they include other countries....but i think it is better if this game is internatinal or should i say worldwide...peace,,::::08::...anyway i'm sure time will come that RYL pote will rock the world...so players on the other part of the world just wait for ryl to come ur way::::02::

P2P is good but i need free games :D

• sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53
    PWG can only add countries that their lawyers say they can... trust me slappy doesn't hate people.. he would love to have everyone play and win... but the lawyers... and some countries have the game and to allow them to plat ... that would sacrifice the license they signed to get RYL.. 
  • dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

but still, it is better if ryl is an international game...like iveria said....the more players playing the game the more the 1 million tournament will be fun....so far the tourney is getting hotter....

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• yenyponyenypon Member Posts: 31

Yeah right, I think it will better if it will become international..Just to be fair with some countries that really have a hardcore gamer..::::01:: Anyway, I'm always aiming high to qualify at the tourney..See yah there guys!::::39::

• iveria18iveria18 Member Posts: 123

hahahaha....i can feel that I'm gonna be the champion ::::08::...hahaha....this tournament really make me sick...i can see players and the setting of the game in my dreams...am i paranoid??::::04::...i have to won...i have to...

P2P is good but i need free games :D

• kuruosawakuruosawa Member Posts: 74
    yeah i did try that 14 day free trial thing! and now i bought the game and i got a month free of ryl gaming.
  • spafonspafon Member UncommonPosts: 54

I was very disgruntled by the treatment I received by the Gms in the forums. But I was contacted by the CEO, Pres, VP and General Manager to resolve the problems I had. That kind of responce is very rare in the gaming industry and deserves to be recognized. Therefore I would say that there is no better MMORPG today. The game has flaws but the staff are striving to fine tune and enhancee the game constantly.

I SAY TRY IT AND LOVE IT

Spafon gives this game a 9 the highest I have ever rated a game because of the involvement of the developers with their customers.