Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate to be asking...

Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

But in the past couple of months I have strayed away from MMORPGs, not because of a burn out or anything of that nature, mainly because my computer is at another house and I don't have access to it until I can get it shipped to me. I have been using an older laptop with onboard graphics, 4 gigs of ram, and a core 2 duo running at 2.3 ghz. Basically I'm looking for a populated game that can run decently on my laptop. Recently I got into Eq2 a bit but even that I'm having to run on the lowest settings, and hate how bad it looks although I don't really mind older graphics, just knowing the option to have them higher and not look like a nintendo 64 game makes me not really want to play it. 

I considered Eve but then remembered I left because it had too many decisions that were made by me, so maybe a theme park game. WoW is an option but at the time being I'm looking for something that might be a bit different, simply because I have done most of what wow has to offer. 

Other than Eve and WoW are there any other relatively large gaming communities on an easier to run game?

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I recently discovered that SWTOR runs great on my laptop with a AMD A8-4500M.  If you have real integrated graphics and not the Intel junk they call a GPU, yours might play SWTOR better than you think.

Other than that, look into browser-based games.  Those are made to run on lower systems.  Eldevin recently released and looks promising.  Runescape probably has more content than WoW.  There is also a top-down zombie shooter that I thought was amusing for a couple months, but I can't remember the name of it.  City of Steam might be good when it re-releases.