Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth is a great MMORPG does exists out there that...

13»

Comments

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831
    The Repopulation :) 
  • StuperstingStupersting Member Posts: 31
    Haha yes I did enjoy Runescape back in the day. It got a bit boring for awhile there, but with rs3 and the new "World Events" it has captivated my interests again. If you haven't played it since rs3 (A few months ago) I strongly suggest you check it out.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by donpopuki

First rule of mmorpg.com is we don't talk about SWG ***.

Second rule of mmorpg.com is WE DON'T TALK ABOUT SWG ***!

Be a murderer or hunt murderers for bounty or join a faction to war another for cities control and NPC economy. PvP system with full loot.

a thief that makes people rage when you've loosen their pockets...

Powerful bosses randomly spawn 1-2 times a week at a random times/location that reward with more than just items, but ways to further train and exceel in your professions.

Definitely not SWG.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

It's SWG.

Best MMORPG ever made.

That would be Asheron's Call.  SWG was no where near as complex and engaging as AC.

You'll have to explain that one.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

The true story of why I am not playing that game, the game mentioned in the first post, is because, out of gratitude I made the mistake of putting money into it and in return I was shown the true difference between how hard (and satisfying) the game was to play for free compared to how easymode and completely unbalanced it was to pay to play.  And so I dubbed it pay to win and moved on to the next game.  Sad thing too because before I paid for it I thought it was one of the best games ever.

But then maybe we are talking about different games.

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by donpopuki

First rule of mmorpg.com is we don't talk about SWG ***.

Second rule of mmorpg.com is WE DON'T TALK ABOUT SWG ***!

Be a murderer or hunt murderers for bounty or join a faction to war another for cities control and NPC economy. PvP system with full loot.

a thief that makes people rage when you've loosen their pockets...

Powerful bosses randomly spawn 1-2 times a week at a random times/location that reward with more than just items, but ways to further train and exceel in your professions.

Definitely not SWG.

No not swg. Though it is missing some of those sweet features, swg's list would be 3 times longer.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    My guess is that this is OP's wish list he'd love to see in a game rather than an actual game which is currently live. Or he's not giving the whole picture, like if everybody is not playing that game (if it was an actual game) than there must be reasons that are not in OP's list.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Kopogero

The biggest irony of all this is how the first MMO's ever released still offer far more than anything else that came afterwards...

That's what's sad about mmo's the past 10 years, they've dumbed them down and taken giant leaps backwards.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by Kopogero

I am glad the genre progress.

This is something that I hear a lot but it confuses me. I get that some people like the new style of MMO, but it's so drastically different why has EVERYTHING gone that route? I mean, the way MMORPG's are today, are they even RPG? I think they should have been called MMOACTION if you ask me. Sure they're not true action (most of them), but they're definitely NOT RPG's when you get down to the very core of what you're playing. 

"I'm glad the genre progress" - But why? Wouldn't it be better if the there was simply a new genre born and the old kept going? Certainly would be a whole lot less fighting and bitching going on in places like this.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223

Heh, most of what you pointed out is what makes a MMORPG a failure.  Full loot PvP? That right there ruins the hype of a game, what common sense human being will risk their gear on a full loot PvP system?  Only way this can work on a RPG is if the gear / crafting / money making mechanics are as easy as in EVE-Online.  Other wise, don't count on getting more then 2000 players playing the game. And yes we do have a lot of those games and that's why they aren't going any where fast or being talked about at all. Full loot PvP is the kind of deal breaking mechanic that attracts 1 gamer out of a 1000, and that 1 gamer that plays a full loot PvP game will eventually rage quit, so in the end you're left with a dead MMORPG.  I don't even know what's worst between full loot PvP on a RPG or a F2P game breaking cash shop RPG.      

The only game I've played and enjoyed for 8 years with  full loot PvP was EVE-Online.    Got tired of the whole ganking scheme, the hours of sitting outside a stargate just to be able to gank 2 pilots with 30.  People sure talk big about EVE-Online, but deep down, most of the player base are pussies that think they are skilled to the bone when they are able to gank 20 pilots with 300 friends.   It used to be fun, at least Star Citizen and Novus Aeterno are coming along just fine. :).

For those willing to try EVE-Online, join a Pirate Corp / Guild.  So much more fun and the hardcore skilled players are Pirates that will learn you a crap load.  :)            Forget the whole deep space exploration, it's such a hassle and like having a 2nd real life job.   Be a pirate and pew pew away, pissing everyone off !  :D

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamer

Heh, most of what you pointed out is what makes a MMORPG a failure.  Full loot PvP? That right there ruins the hype of a game, what common sense human being will risk their gear on a full loot PvP system?  Only way this can work on a RPG is if the gear / crafting / money making mechanics are as easy as in EVE-Online.  Other wise, don't count on getting more then 2000 players playing the game. And yes we do have a lot of those games and that's why they aren't going any where fast or being talked about at all. Full loot PvP is the kind of deal breaking mechanic that attracts 1 gamer out of a 1000, and that 1 gamer that plays a full loot PvP game will eventually rage quit, so in the end you're left with a dead MMORPG.  I don't even know what's worst between full loot PvP on a RPG or a F2P game breaking cash shop RPG.      

The only game I've played and enjoyed for 8 years with  full loot PvP was EVE-Online.    Got tired of the whole ganking scheme, the hours of sitting outside a stargate just to be able to gank 2 pilots with 30.  People sure talk big about EVE-Online, but deep down, most of the player base are pussies that think they are skilled to the bone when they are able to gank 20 pilots with 300 friends.   It used to be fun, at least Star Citizen and Novus Aeterno are coming along just fine. :).

For those willing to try EVE-Online, join a Pirate Corp / Guild.  So much more fun and the hardcore skilled players are Pirates that will learn you a crap load.  :)            Forget the whole deep space exploration, it's such a hassle and like having a 2nd real life job.   Be a pirate and pew pew away, pissing everyone off !  :D

When I first played Eve and for the following 2-3 years we would roam in packs of 2-5 at most all around 0.0 finding all kinds of action. Gate camping with a couple destroyers and a bubble set back about 20km (can't remember the distance) to pull people past the gate. We saw tons of fun small pack engagements. This is when Eve was fun. When people started being pussies and running in packs of 30+, we quit. Not because we would get killed, but because it was useless for small wolf packs to roam or camp. It has turned into a game that requires 30+ people to roam or camp for pvp otherwise you don't stand a chance. Too many pussies in unrestricted pvp MMOs.

• bibensdbibensd Member UncommonPosts: 58
    only game i could think it might be is ultima online, tho currently most of the freeshards have low population and crappy rulesets. atleast  inporylem launches the 10th of this month.