Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incoming 200 foot penis.

13»

Comments

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I always find it so odd the amount of care we take to shield our young (supposedly) from seeing parts of a human body, public affection, or love within the same gender...yet we revel in violence on television, games, and other media. Kill in public, love in private kinda deal lol.

Oh and just incase it seems as if I am coming off as "violence in games is bad" kinda person, im not. I say its all good IMO, I just don't understand the difference between anatomy or "love" being bad but violence is ok from others perspectives. 

So aside from my confusion over that, I can't imagine SOE wouldn't attempt to control genital creations just to maintain some order and help encourage diverse creations other than phallic towers lol. 

That said, you can rest assured you childrens eyes will be mostly be genital free in game so they may slay creatures to their little hearts content! 

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by DMKano

Made this months ago when EQL was first unveiled:

Yeah, based on my 2-3 years in Minecraft, I'm in the blue group.  No damn doubt.  image

• muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

I never played EQ or EQ II at all (not sure why) but would happily play EQN just so I can forge a small valley and a few hills outside of my home into the shape of a nude woman.  Yessir, Gentle Slopes Valley, lol.  Or perhaps I'll cut and polish the tree in my yard til it becomes a shiny, big-eyed naked anime girl, woot!  Considering that the appearance and engine in this game are going to be miles beyond anything like Minecraft, I'd have to say that the possibilities will be almost endless.

In all seriousness though...this is unfortunate to say but the EQN devs will probably have to spend quite a few man-hours policing their own game just to look for things like this.  Perma-bans for things that are overtly offensive, I would guess?  The problem I see is, what happens when a player or number of players winds up creating something that could be construed as somewhat sexual, even though that wasn't their intent?  I mean, do you warn or ban those people even though any offense came essentially by accident?

Like I said, it's unfortunate because some innocents (or near-innocents) will probably suffer since we all know that in all likelihood their WILL be a 200-foot penis somewhere, and someone probably WILL beat me to making a nude-girl yard decoration.  I think that sometimes players having too much freedom is what has generally kept me away from most sandboxes; not that all of the creation tools EQN is boasting will be bad things, mind you, it's just that they are coming boxed with Player Idiocy, and that's going to make for some interesting situations.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Warjin

it OK because it's landmark?

I would think that in a game that prides itself on letting you "build anything you want", the actual fact of people building anything they want won't harshly punished.    I'm certain that there is some super-offensive stuff that will warrant removal, but in general, isn't building whatever you like the whole point?    Isn't the whole idea of landmark to be able to build ANY world, not just the world of EQN?   Personally,  I'm not interested in having a giant penis on my land, but if someone is, that's their business, they're paying for it. 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by arieste

it OK because it's landmark?

I would think that in a game that prides itself on letting you "build anything you want", the actual fact of people building anything they want won't harshly punished.    I'm certain that there is some super-offensive stuff that will warrant removal, but in general, isn't building whatever you like the whole point?    Isn't the whole idea of landmark to be able to build ANY world, not just the world of EQN?   Personally,  I'm not interested in having a giant penis on my land, but if someone is, that's their business, they're paying for it. 

this is not a game where there's no limit to being offensive

EQNL will probably be just as strict as other mmos  (EQ, DAOC, WOW, LOTRO, etc)

player names like EatCock or Penishead are not tolerated by other players and get reported

I don't see why a giant penis will be any different

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200
    There is absolutely no way the admins could keep up with the penis drawings, there will be too many. It will happen, just have to accept it.
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by FoeHammerJT

Several full time, penis destroying game masters on at various hours of the day.

I truly do not think they understand the size of the situation. And bans? In a yet another silly F2P model? Good luck with dat!

There will also be a player reporting system.  Much like tracking down gold spammers, this isn't a hard problem to tackle.  Largely, the community will consist of normal people, not the kind of freaks that need to construct a 200ft penis to get their sad little jollies.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I'll be curious to see how they control player "creativity". I recall in Xyson players using their building, excavating abilities in just this fashion, heck there were entire camps of penises.

Omg, guess my son won't be playing landmark, I know this post sounds funny but I'm being serious this could be a problem if they just let us build what ever  the players want as the video states lol

Then goodbye, we aren't here to raise your fucking kid for you.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    But, I guess wanton murder will be ok in the game?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Reading all these replies....how could you not want to build a 200' penis now ? I'll probably make 2 guest rooms too, some place at the bottom.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I'll be curious to see how they control player "creativity". I recall in Xyson players using their building, excavating abilities in just this fashion, heck there were entire camps of penises.

Omg, guess my son won't be playing landmark, I know this post sounds funny but I'm being serious this could be a problem if they just let us build what ever  the players want as the video states lol

How old is your son? Also, a bit too early to get alarmed. Yes you can build whatever you like, however there will be measures in place where content such as what concerns you can raised and flagged by the community. I very much doubt too many people will risk bans and suspensions for the sake of it. Of course people will try and grief, it's what they do because they are sad and lonely. But, you could always as the parent find a nice plot of land for your son to play safely or even let him play whilst being monitored. 

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

The moderation will begin after you finish making something and hit submit. Everything will go through a check if passed you get to use it. The stuff that doesn't get checked will go through an automated system that looks for key outlined things such as copyrighted logos, and bad words, it just sees the outline and can tell. The stuff that the moderators can't get to and passes automated will get to be used after it's timer runs up. That said, some stuff will still get through which can be reported on.

Now I do not like EQN or EQL, but this thread is interesting because it's funny and people fail to realize just how easy it would be to get anything through this system.

For all you interested the way to get your penises or whatever in game are as follows.

1. Make the objects in pieces.
    2. Stack objects that you made till it makes whatever you are after.
    3. Enjoy

The above is actually how to cheat the system. Just make each object in pieces that really don't resemble anything till you put it together.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Easy solution: If you can't handle it, don't play.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    "Easy solution: If you can't handle it, don't play."

SoE would disagree with you and there are far fewer trollers/immature players than not. I'm honestly not too concerned. We've heard GMs can just flip a switch as have whole plots "hidden" like its original state while it's investigated but I'm wondering if when reported the plot doesn't shut off for the reporter.

I doubt those that would make lulz structures would put much effort into it or stay that long. It will burn itself out in a few weeks tops.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Incoming 200 foot penis, you know it's coming, trolls will be trolls, I can see it now, coming over the horizon I see this giant erect cock off a mountain face, my question is what's SOE going to do to prevent this or is it OK because it's landmark?

My lunch is on my monitor! lol. It is true though, if they allow terraforming of any kind this will be impossible to stop.  It could also be a 200ft long valley so it doesn't have to only go up it can go down.... hehehe

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• RattsRatts Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Aelious
    "Easy solution: If you can't handle it, don't play."

SoE would disagree with you and there are far fewer trollers/immature players than not. I'm honestly not too concerned. We've heard GMs can just flip a switch as have whole plots "hidden" like its original state while it's investigated but I'm wondering if when reported the plot doesn't shut off for the reporter.

I doubt those that would make lulz structures would put much effort into it or stay that long. It will burn itself out in a few weeks tops.

I wouldn't even really be concerned about lulz structures.  If someone really makes a giant penis wizard's tower with balls at the base for servants' quarters, all he really wants to do is get a couple screenies and then brag later that he got banned or his tower got razed by the devs.

My bigger concern is legitimate roleplay constructs that are lore appropriate but get seen as too mature.  Ever notice in EQ2 how the Shard of Love seems to have nothing to do with love, or how the nature goddesses all seem obsessed with destruction rather than fertility?  I can easily imagine, and would expect, adult artists to create things that are more daring that the bulk of the community would accept but SOE may feel pressured to censor for a Teen or Everyone rating.

Personally, I think SOE should be planning on setting up a Mature server that's more anything goes and require age verification to join it.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    I'd like to create even bigger penis, but I'm not buying founder's pack to get access to landmark...
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

This post is so fucking edgy right now!

That dude said Penis!! What is this the Massivley Forums all of a sudden?!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Ratts

Personally, I think SOE should be planning on setting up a Mature server that's more anything goes and require age verification to join it.

Do you really think that creating things with the shape of giant sex organs is "mature"?

To me, it's more like something some immature teenager would create... not a mature adult.

A lot of adults can be immature as well.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by sludgebeard

That dude said Penis!! What is this the Massivley Forums all of a sudden?!

Nah.  Every post would be about how awesome Wildstar is going to be if it was.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Incoming 200 foot penis, you know it's coming, trolls will be trolls, I can see it now, coming over the horizon I see this giant erect cock off a mountain face, my question is what's SOE going to do to prevent this or is it OK because it's landmark?

haha. what's funny is that I thought the same thing the second I heard of Landmark.