Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamers paying for unfinished products...

2»

Comments

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

I'm a tiny fraction of the problem or in other words I'm one of the many who buys unfinished games. It's not all bad for all of those  other people who have more sense than dollars though. Often it funds games that may not have seen the light of day otherwise other times it just helps the games be better before they are finally deemed ready.

I sort of see it as both a positive and a negative and I'm both proud and guilty that I do it as it makes the games market both worse and better for us as consumers.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by DamonVile
    My solution is simple...don't buy the game till it's ready. I don't want to buy an unfinished game, so I don't. It saves me from ever being disappointed or pissed off because it didn't turn out like I wanted it to.So far I never feel like I've missed out on anything by not buying in early.  I couldn't care less if someone else does it, or if I'm not the first to play a game.
    That is a huge point for me. I do not care who has played what, especially before I do. If I get a game within the first year it is released, that is pretty good for me. I usually buy games way past their release dates :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Lets not kid ourselves.  We've all been paying full price for games in the beta stage for the better part of a decade.  The real scary trend is that we see an increasing amount of CONSOLE games being released in this state.  This tells me that we have alot of out for money developers instead of those with real pride in their work and publishers that insist on static dates instead of quality of work released.

As a PC gamer I understand that most games will have some issues when they are released due to the infinite amount of computer configurations and chipsets we see today.  You can't code/test for every contingency in the PC market, it's just not possible despite people thinking it should be.

But consoles are made the same with the same processing components with the same operating system.  The mere fact that we are seeing an increasing amount of problems on these highly proprietary and controlled systems tells me that people are increasingly out to make a buck at the expense of polish and pride of work.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4