Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 What you will be playing

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´ll probably stick most of the time to GW2...

Maybe try "EQ:Next"...and "TESO"....for some months.... while i play some "D3 Reaper of Souls"...too

and i wait for "World Of Darknesss" another decade.....

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    ESO without question is my game.  
  • Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    GW2 PvE, Dota2, HS

Maybe Landmark, def passing on TESO and WS.
  • kurokayosamakurokayosama Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by david361107

Just checking to see what everyone is looking forward to in 2014. What games your following and wanting to play next year. Me I'm keeping my eyes on EQN and ESO, how about you?

I will continue to play the best mmorpg out there despite what many say about it !

out of all the shit and crap that is out there, it's the one that has only 1 or 2 things I hate, and a lot I love about it.

cannot say the same for any other game !

so,

in 2014 I will still be playing Guild Wars 2.

On principle though, I will play wildstar when they realize their mistake and announce the transition to B2P !

• DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I will continue playing FF14 throughout 2014
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Just checking to see what everyone is looking forward to in 2014. What games your following and wanting to play next year. Me I'm keeping my eyes on EQN and ESO, how about you?

Peace

Lascer

100% will play for few months at least Swtor and Wow, also Gw2 ... for the rest still not sure. So far this 3 are the best gaming industry have provided. IMO of course. :-)

For sure will try Wildstar if released in 2014.

Tried to return to Aoc this days but they are crazy if they think I will pay for Aoc sub aprox. 2€ more than for Wow. To play all my alts must sub, otherwise I'm limited to 4. But anyway ... if game have mixed mode ("free" and sub i.e.) then I will for sure play only in sub mode. From my experience so far .... will never again play any free only model game. Have no problem with P2P however. Still so far only Gw2 is worth it.

TESO ... probably not. Only reason being that insane limited active buttons as it looks from beta gameplay videos. Not sure about EQN from watching gameplay videos.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

SWG pre cu ( EMU )

Waiting for The Repopulation.

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

I will be playing anything that will be the most popular at current time. Since I play mmorpg's to be a part of a massive community and also, the more people play the game, the bigger the illusion of my progress having a meaning.

Most imporant thing is to see the world living, everything else is after that.

Since the trend now is that majority of mmo community jumps from one new game to another, I will be jumping along with them. And probably will most of you... except for the few hipsters that write the most in those forums.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I am hoping that Worlds of Magic hits their 2014 release date :)

I am excited to see how "the spiritual successor to Master of Magic" plays out :)

Certainly looking forward to this, I mean, I kickstarted it too! Looks quite awesome, lets just hope they get it all good to go without taking too long.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I seem to be playing Everquest which is really odd.  I was thinking of playing World of Warcraft trial and something didn't sit quite right with me.  I left after the character creation screen.  Everquest's races/classes seem a lot more appealing.  I even like the models more.  The most important thing are the skills.  It feels like a kids game WoW vs  a game that requires a little strategy and thinking.  I'm not sure what new game I might try.  The Elder Scrolls looks ok, but it's skill's/classes are a little boring to me.  EQ Next looks like it could be really interesting, but it's hard to say.  I haven't seen enough of it.
  • garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

WildStar has won me over. 

definitely playing an Orc in ESO. 

definitely Draenor when it releases. 

Also likely will be hitting a lot of MMOs on the new consoles as they come out. 

:p 
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    The only MMO I'm totally interested in for 2014 is Elite: Dangerous, otherwise it's non-MMO all the way.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Wildstar will likely be my main MMO for a while.

EQ:Next Landmark will be a great time waster.

I plan on playing The Crew heavily when it releases too.

Destiny I'm still a little unsure about, but I have it preordered so hoping the best.

TESO I probably won't pick up this year, but I might play it when it goes on sale far into the future or even becomes F2P.

Lots of non-MMO games I'm looking forward to also.  The Witcher 3 definitely deserves a special mention here.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I will play the following at some point next year I would think.

The Repopulation

Gloria Victus

Everquest Next

Archeage is a possability I guess.

May try a few of the others but who knows.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Originally posted by Flyte27
    I seem to be playing Everquest which is really odd.  I was thinking of playing World of Warcraft trial and something didn't sit quite right with me.  I left after the character creation screen.  Everquest's races/classes seem a lot more appealing.  I even like the models more.  The most important thing are the skills.  It feels like a kids game WoW vs  a game that requires a little strategy and thinking.  I'm not sure what new game I might try.  The Elder Scrolls looks ok, but it's skill's/classes are a little boring to me.  EQ Next looks like it could be really interesting, but it's hard to say.  I haven't seen enough of it.

I'm still in EQ, too.  It's still offers solid game-play and a reasonably active community, despite its age.  Like this poster, I prefer the character models in the original EQ, even over those of EQ2.  They simply appear to have been created in order to be more life-like and serious, than the more lighthearted artistic styles found in other games.

And no other game has stepped up and convinced me to throw away my associations and memories of 15 year old characters for good.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    i will stick to GW2, and for sure i will try Landmark : )

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

Hm, good question

I'll probably be fiddling around with Dark Souls II. I didn't like the first one as much as some of the fanatics you see around the net but I still enjoyed it.

I'll also definitely be playing Witcher III. I really disliked the first one, really enjoyed the 2nd one and I hope I'll love the 3rd one.

Dragon Age 3 is coming soon and I'll be buying that one as well. Unlike Dragon Age II which was  a rushjob with only a little over a years worth of development, DA3 will be a proper release with 4 years of development behind it. Really looking forward to it

I'll probably try Destiny as well. I haven't really looked into it much but the video I saw of it looked solid and it's the only console exclusive game that I'm interested in

Titanfall is a game I've seen very little news about but it's about mechs and infantry combat which really fits me so I'll check it  out for sure.

Everquest Landmark. Seems like a good way to waste a few hours I guess. I'm hoping it'll be more than that but I'm skeptical

Don't know what people see in ESO or Wildstar though. They look like more of the same old crap. Maybe I'm just missing something?

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263

Continue to play Guild Wars 2 and Starbound and waiting The Division ( I hope release in 2014 )

l2p

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

ESO and EQN/EQNL and possibly Wildstar but they're pissing me off with all the hype/wait tease.

Also The Repop if they release and Star Citizen same...

No bitchers.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    So far it's going to be what I'm getting off gog.com in their winter sale and maybe a couple of steampunk games from desura.  For mmo's it's strictly wait and see on some.
  • donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    FFXIV, GW2 and SWG EMU until EQNL alpha comes out on late January. Been thinking of playing DDO or Vindictus too.I might check ESO if EQNL gets boring and then hopefully EQN sometime this year.
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Mo wise

Wildstar,ESO,Albion (Well hopefully Beta at least),and the obvious.

Pc games wise

Watchdogs,Witcher3,Ravens Cry,Mad Max and most of my Kickstarters with luck,Dying light looks a bit good as well.

p>
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Peace

Lascer

TESO...because I'd rather quit mmoRPGs altogether than end up in yet another cut and paste 5 race mmo E-sport where pvp is just an insert quarter video game extravaganza.  Bogus lore and silly explanations as to why there are only 5 races is just inexcusable for me.

TESO...because lore matters and where there's real lore, battles will ensue.  They dropped the ball by making the game open wide up with flavor of the month copy paste class builds (ala RIFT) because they are doing the lazy classless system.  So while I'm not looking forward to the resto staff healers on all three factions...and seeing the same spells and abilities...it's still a boat load better than what's out there.

Plus, I'm getting older.  I recall the first mmoRPGs.  I just can't do pretty shiny f2P cash shop games. 

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208

EQN landmark

Dark Souls 2

Wildstar

hearthstone.

Possibly wow draenor. Depends on how eqn and wildstar pan out.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• raslirasli Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Going to continue to play GW2.  Will try TESO if the initial review is not bad.  Also going to try acheage if it ever comes out in West.