Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Amazing World: A Kid’s First Social Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Amazing World is billed as a great starter MMO for kids. We've put the game through its paces to see how it stacks up for the younger gamer. See what we discovered before heading to the comments.

Everyone’s heard the saying, those who slay together, stay together. So is it any wonder the MMO family is a growing population in the gaming world? Developers are catching on to this trend and coming out with new MMOs and social games to be enjoyed by people of all ages. Ganz Studios is just one such group jumping on that train, and their latest endeavor is Amazing World. A free to play, browser based social game for children ages 6 and up. Amazing World takes some of the MMO industries biggest trends at the moment and puts them in a family friendly wrapper for even the youngest little gamers to enjoy. 

Read more of Shannon Doyle's Amazing World: A Kid's First Social Game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Skylanders MMO already...maybe that's what Titan will be... it is published by Activision. One can only dream!

• SST01SST01 Member Posts: 1
    I was curious to read this as I have a child who loves any and all games. I googled reviews of it, and the link to the actual article popped up, so here you are. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/976/view/reviews/load/293
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Skylanders MMO already...maybe that's what Titan will be... it is published by Activision. One can only dream!

Hey, I have already dubbed EverQuest Next the Skylanders for adults. Don't go taking my glory! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Interesting, I will pass this on to my son. I don't think his kids have had the chance to try this yet! Heck, I will be over there Christmas day and it might give Grandpa something to do in between ham and watching football.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• monkeyslapmonkeyslap Member UncommonPosts: 20

A social game for young kids? LOL

I can just picture it now:

"Hi I'm GM_Chris_Hansen. Please '/sit'. Aren't you a little old to be playing this game?"

Dark Helmet: "What?! You went over my helmet?"

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    WoW clone.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Titan is Hearthstone.

looks pretty cool for a 8-10 year old.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

Originally posted by Amjoco

Interesting, I will pass this on to my son. I don't think his kids have had the chance to try this yet! Heck, I will be over there Christmas day and it might give Grandpa something to do in between ham and watching football.

Loved this comment :) Go grandpa!

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Originally posted by bcbully

Titan is Hearthstone.

looks pretty cool for a 8-10 year old.

Titan is not Hearthstone.

The only thing I've ever been weary about for children MMO's is predators. I'd rather have my kids be introduced to adult humor and rudeness that they most likely will not understand than have adults pretending to be children and stalking them.

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by monkeyslap

"Hi I'm GM_Chris_Hansen. Please '/sit'. Aren't you a little old to be playing this game?"

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

• monkeyslapmonkeyslap Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by TerminalDeity
    Originally posted by monkeyslap

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Well at least somebody got the joke. :)

Dark Helmet: "What?! You went over my helmet?"

• tim_bit_junkietim_bit_junkie Member Posts: 1
    I just noticed that Amazing World is on Steam Greenlight! If you have a Steam account, you should vote for the game!

Go to the link below and click on "Yes" to vote!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214917485
  • mmveer.snghmmveer.sngh Member Posts: 1
    I love to post reviews on every topics related to kids and i love to play with kids with some game and i always prefer to get the reviews on online game for kids.