Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm back to MMORPG, but what should I play...

HestialHestial Member Posts: 8

Hello guys, I've been out of MMORPG gaming for about 3 year, I've visit a lot of "top MMORPG" sites but there's no MMOPRG that caught my attention, I like a MMORPG with medieval or magical theme, I used to play TERA but became bored, I also used to play a hispanic game called "Regnum Online" and I really liked it.

Please, help me, I really like to play a MMORPG again.

Comments

• HaitesHaites Member Posts: 69

Try looking through this forum: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/841/LFGame.html

There are many discussions about this very topic.  Good luck in your search.

• HestialHestial Member Posts: 8

Thanks for moving my thread.

And also I'm searching for a MMOPRG with a great community, good population, and good graphics.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

age of wulin if your EU

or age of wushu if your US

best game out atm in my opinion

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    If you've been out of MMOs for 3 years I will wholeheartedly recommend Guild Wars 2.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Look at Guild Wars 2 gameplay on YouTube first.

It sounds as if GW2 might appeal to you the most. However, if I was going to return to that genre, I'd probably go back to WoW because of the pet battles.

• imrobertjamesimrobertjames Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by A1D3N

age of wulin if your EU

or age of wushu if your US

best game out atm in my opinion

I've been playing MMO's since roughly 2001 when I started with EQ.  I recently downloaded Age of Wushu and I'm completely confused by the mechanics.  It doesn't seem like the intro's really do that good of a job of explaining things, so I just couldn't get in to it.  I admit that I didn't really make it passed the starting tutorial area, but it just didn't grab me.  Maybe I'm missing something? I don't know.

All in all the problem I'm having with most MMO's today is that it's all just solo content until endgame, where everyone is already established so getting through the gear progression can be a pain, if not impossible.  The leveling zones are all but deserted.  If someone knows of an MMO where this isn't the case, or where they just opened a new server (without transfers) I'd love to know about it as well.

On GW2, it's a good game if you don't mind not having the trinity.  I've always loved playing a healer or tank so it just didn't do it for me.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Why don't you start with a classic and give EVE Online a chance? Other than that, if you are more into themeparks, Guild Wars 2 or Final Fantasy XIV:ARR will do the trick.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Krematory
    Why don't you start with a classic and give EVE Online a chance? Other than that, if you are more into themeparks, Guild Wars 2 or Final Fantasy XIV:ARR will do the trick.

To play Eve Online for years, you have to be a very specific sort of player - you have to want to build up long-term relationships with people in-game.

In Eve, it's fighting with people who you have got to know that provides the motivation long-term.

However, the OP seems to want a game that provides 'light' and 'unicorns' - the 'unicorns' in Eve are real people, and it's the goodness from them you have to seek - this is hard work / commitment. I don't think this is what the OP is looking for.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Try the free

stuff till something clicks.  If nothing does then try the buy to play stuff. If nothing clicks try the sub games. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by Mors.Magne
    However, the OP seems to want a game that provides 'light' and 'unicorns' - the 'unicorns' in Eve are real people, and it's the goodness from them you have to seek - this is hard work / commitment. I don't think this is what the OP is looking for.

Can you explain a little further?

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

What is it you liked about Tera or your other games?

What is it about Tera that got boring?

Did you like the action combat or would you want something more traditional.

PvP or PvE?

F2P, B2P, P2P?

How important are graphics?

A few have suggested GW2. It is a game you either love or hate, mostly on the combat. I couldn't stand the combat because of the lack of roles but you may love it and the game is top notch in almost every other way.

You could give Tera another try. They have added content and now it is free to play.

Also a lot of games have been recently release or updated and there are several hitting beta right now.

All die, so die well.

Originally posted by VikingGamer

What is it you liked about Tera or your other games?

The open world, good graphics and a lot of people playing.

What is it about Tera that got boring?

Repetitive quests and levels.

Did you like the action combat or would you want something more traditional.

I don't mind, both are nice.

PvP or PvE?

PvP

F2P, B2P, P2P?

The three are ok

How important are graphics?

Are important, I don't like anime-like graphics, or fat characters.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Good luck with your search..

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe