Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprised

13»

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    NW is a great free game but after reaching level 60 I am bored and no I am not going to buy in game items.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Op, you got the forums wrong I feel. Are you sure you wanted to post on MMORPG.com ?

I personally didn't get past character creation in NW but that's because I didn't have time and then found other games. I might have to check it out finally.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by Po_gg  Neverwinter is simpler.

I don't understadn the argument.... comparing two universes that have completely different world mechanisms,,,

Actually that doesn't have to do anything with the IP behind them, it's simply the in-game systems.

Cryptic could've easily implement -if sticking to the companion system as an example- that players modify the looks of their companions. I bet in D&D not every Man-at-Arms or Sylph are identical twins :)

They could've easily give them real gear slots, so if I find a shield and I'm a CW, I could give that shield to my Man-at-Arms for better tanking. Or helmet. Or anything. Gearing them up just like I gear up my character.

They could've give an academy and a skill pool, from where I can teach my companions the way I choose to, and making my Disciple or Lillend a true healer, switching their 2 attack skills to heal as well, if that suits more my playstyle.

These are all included in the original system they used (copied) to build Neverwinter's companion system. These would fit into the world nicely. Not taking up extra server resources (it works smoothly in STO).

It was simply a decision they make to simplify the system a bit. And again, nothing wrong with it. The game is fun to play, and (maybe even because these changes) it has more players allegedly than STO. But it's still a fact, Neverwinter is simpler than STO or CO :)

edit: and yep, p'n'p D&D had all of these, since there were no limits only the imagination :) you could gear up everybody the way you liked, send them to a barber, teach them new skills...

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Not identical, just richer. And actually at the first beta I even wrote the same you said at the end, (pounce on as "we already seen that from cryptic".....)

that it's easy to jump into Neverwinter since almost the whole game is built from the previous Cryptic games :) that's why it's so easy to compare and measure it to them.

But it seems like infinite loops now. In short, I agree with you that the game is fun, and I agree with the others that the game is not very deep, especially compared to their former games. (in systems and mechanics)

Edit: while it may deserve a new thread or a post in the holiday one, I edited it here:

the winter festival just started (and it's pretty fun btw). It also has a mechanic straight from STO :) and I must say, the fact that I've played numerous Fast and Flurrious races in Q's Winter Wonderland helped me a lot with the icy race in Neverwinter ;)