Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] EverQuest Next: Explaining It All

13»

Comments

• mikeyb138mikeyb138 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by mikeyb138
    So i guess im confused.. i was always under the impression that landmark more of a crafting program that did tie into eqnext.. like use landmark to see what you can do in next or use landmark to build then put in next. Someone want to clarify for me? Are these 2 absolutely seperate? If so, is eqN just gonna be a themepark?

Afaik, basically landmark is a game that will lay the groundwork for EQ:Next. Essentially, Landmark is basically their way of releasing a developer kit (aka MOD pack) for EQ:N before release. Players then use this to create whatever they want, and Sony then takes the best of that and uses that as content for EQ:N.

So while technically they are 2 separate games, in many ways they are the same game hosted on 2 different servers, being released at different times.

The main reason this will probably work is because they are more or less the same game. Except with Landmark you are actually helping create content for Sony to add into EQ:N.

Ok so a developer program given to players to help create content. great idea... But what does that mean for EQ:N? Is it going to just be a themepark with player created content (chosen by developers) placed in game? If it is a sandbox you should be able to build cities, castles, homes, etc. IMO.

Maybe this is the case and I'm still a little confused and maybe, just maybe, This should be made more clear for the average gaming consumer?

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Oh my god the guys haircut. It seriously needs at least some anisotropic filtering.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.