Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about getting the Trail Blazer

2»

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Aelious
    There is more than a month early access for trailblazer, you should check out the founders pack walkthrough in the Landmark channel below. That said the open beta will probably not be more than a few months after beta, who knows.

I'm going by Feb. 28th to March 28th.  Which is a month.

I know that alpha could be sooner and I thought it would be, but after the last live stream they did I now have serious doubts that they will drop it much sooner than Feb. 28th.  

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Alot of Landmark people are gonna be very upset when they realize Landmark and EQN are entirely separate games and you can't carry anything over from one to the other.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    SoE is being very clear about the difference between Landmark and EQN. There may be people upset but it will be for lack of seeking info.
    jdnyc

Oh I'm not arguing that there is a planned month between alpha and beta, I'm stating that there is more being offered between the packs than just that one month of earlier access. I do agree with you that the beta will be more refined than alpha but when you take into consideration the in game items and what you can do in that one month it may be worth it to some.

Any building progress will be saved as a template between wipes. One month is a lot of building time for those who have plans already being drawn out. With Players Studio giving people the ability to sell their structures to others that month becomes more valuable. This is subjective to each person of course.
    SoE is being very clear about the difference between Landmark and EQN. There may be people upset but it will be for lack of seeking info.

They aren't making it THAT obvious. They still get asked that question in almost every interview and if you look at their website it doesn't warn you anywhere on the front page. https://www.eqnlandmark.com/

In fact, the front page does say "stake your claim and help build Everquest Next," a horribly misleading statement.

No, it's not misleading it's just people like to assum rather than seek the info. For instance, the "help us build" comment is stated as contest that tent will host to build x structure. People will take a crack at it and SoE will choose specific ones that they want.

I'm not saying they've answered every question but if one looks for the info they will see the difference. Again, SoE cannot be held responsible for filing in the blanks with assumptions.
  • KamikazeKiteKamikazeKite Member Posts: 38

I was going to get the trailblazer pack until i was nearing completion of purchase. stated 100$ for the pack but when i had to complete the purchase my price was 125$ might be because im from Europe but thats pretty far from what i expected to pay.

No, it's not misleading it's just people like to assum rather than seek the info. For instance, the "help us build" comment is stated as contest that tent will host to build x structure. People will take a crack at it and SoE will choose specific ones that they want.

I'm not saying they've answered every question but if one looks for the info they will see the difference. Again, SoE cannot be held responsible for filing in the blanks with assumptions.

My point is that it's crucial info you shouldn't have to seek. Should be blatantly obvious on the front page, which currently it is the opposite. "You didn't look hard enough" is not an excuse.

Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

My point is that it's crucial info you shouldn't have to seek. Should be blatantly obvious on the front page, which currently it is the opposite. "You didn't look hard enough" is not an excuse.

They said its not EQN its a whole different game. if you just watch the live streams they put up.

They said its not EQN its a whole different game. if you just watch the live streams they put up.

So now people interested in buying a founders pack have to watch a live stream to get all the info they need before making an informed purchase? You're helping my argument.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Its rare that I see some one laying in wait like you Aileous ( or however its spelled ) for that next post so you can pounce. You sure got a thing for this dont ya?.

Just thought I would troll a minute then get back to work. Oh and Eqnext , Eqanythingthantheoriginal is gonna be cheezy. IMO 

So now people interested in buying a founders pack have to watch a live stream to get all the info they need before making an informed purchase? You're helping my argument.

Why would you even consider buying a founders pack if you know nothing about it ? thats like throwing your cash away.

Yes, people should know what they are buying before they buy it. If not then why wouldn't they wait? That's what I would do if I had little interest, not spend money and then come back mad at SoE for not being forward enough. I have a hard time believing that people who are interested enough to pay for a founders pack aren't interested in enough to get the info.

I mean, most of the info is in video format in two separate YouTube channels (below).
  • KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    Originally posted by Nadia

no need to pay 100 initially

pay 20 dollars and upgrade to 100 later if so inclined

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/founders-pack

Well I liked the stuff I was getting, namely my name in the credits and alpha and beta access. 

So buy the Trailblazer pack.  You only need to keep quiet due to the NDA until they lift the NDA, most likely at closed beta or open beta. 

Also you will have access to the Alpha forums and can talk about the game all you want there.  In fact they will want you to post often so they know what is happening in the game world.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Alot of Landmark people are gonna be very upset when they realize Landmark and EQN are entirely separate games and you can't carry anything over from one to the other.

i agree the differences could be more obvious, at least for the founder pack items

the info is out there for anyone who digs

but there should be a disclaimer on the Landmark Founder pack page

(without seeking SOE tweets, reddit commentaries)

http://www.reddit.com/user/terryjmichaels

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by KamikazeKite

I was going to get the trailblazer pack until i was nearing completion of purchase. stated 100$ for the pack but when i had to complete the purchase my price was 125$ might be because im from Europe but thats pretty far from what i expected to pay.

on the site you have a dropdown menu to change the currency to your local ones(euro for most EU countries). I only paid 89,99€ . Using the Dollar may gives problems through tax law of the US and the EU.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828
    90 eur is 125 usd. Just sayin. Because, judging by the last post, it needed to be said.
  • EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152

then its about the tax law indeed.

if i recall correct, in the US prices are shown without the taxes(like 99,99$ for trailblazer), in the EU it shown with the taxes already inside the price calculated(89,99€)

on the other hand, i'm not that well informed about tax laws  :P

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    There is more than a month early access for trailblazer, you should check out the founders pack walkthrough in the Landmark channel below. That said the open beta will probably not be more than a few months after beta, who knows.

I'm going by Feb. 28th to March 28th.  Which is a month.

I know that alpha could be sooner and I thought it would be, but after the last live stream they did I now have serious doubts that they will drop it much sooner than Feb. 28th.  

Actually the beta is slated for no later then March 31st.  Accourding to Smed the Alpha is being moved up to mid January.  that would be upto 1.5 months earlier then February 28th.  That doesn't mean the beta will move up though.  Hopefully the Alpha phase will go well and the dev team will be able to put out the new features and squash bugs quickly and we move into Beta in mid February instead.