Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Faction Warfare

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,142MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

One of the most pervasive features of the upcoming Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade is the inclusion of faction warfare. In our latest column, we take a look at a few faction scenarios and how they might play out. Read on and then leave your thoughts in the comments.

Space Marines vs. Chaos Marines

The classic war, the Heresy, this match up will be offset by whatever Behavior Interactive does with Chaos. If the Chaos warriors are given certain gifts and boon then it will add a lot of flavor to them. However, the four chaos chapters we will see in the game at launch are not god aligned, so what types of benefits we will see remains uncertain. Space Marines on the other hand bring firepower to the fight. They also bring brutal assault and some of the best tanks in the game. What will be interesting to see here is how Space Wolves will differ from say Dark Angels and so on. If each chapter is given their own unique abilities it will make for some great lore among the players. I see this match up pretty even all things considered.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade - Faction Warfare.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• uthardautharda Houston, TXPosts: 15Member

Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Oh and..  interesting questions.  40k gives an incredible opportunity to change mmo conventions by having the game mechanics reflect factional strengths and weaknesses.    Want this, want it now, also painting my desktop box go fasta red.

• DihoruDihoru ConstantaPosts: 2,731Member
    ^ Papa Nurgle shall rot your bones you horrid berzerker!

• ZzuluZzulu Washington, ALPosts: 452Member

• mattic65mattic65 Culloden, GAPosts: 190Member Uncommon

• GlokyczeGlokycze klobouky u brnaPosts: 9Member
    For greater good... Oh, we are not there. Pff pansies, scared of XV8 are you?
  • needalife214needalife214 Moorpark, CAPosts: 1,128Member
    Originally posted by Glokycze
    For greater good... Oh, we are not there. Pff pansies, scared of XV8 are you?

they have stated they want to add all major races

• xicor333xicor333 Richardson, TXPosts: 1Member
    marines will win, if not by skill, with numbers. most likely behavior will balance the factions around semi-equal numbers, but i bet the marines will have twice as many as chaos or eldar.