Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you resub or try the game out at a lower monthly price?

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

I wont pay for a payed beta that i supported long ago only to start an other payed beta

We have a winner!  I guess the same/similar option doesn't fit the agenda and missed the Poll.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    If it had no box fee, and something like a 9-10$ sub, I'd give it a go.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Putting classes into Darkfall and turning it into what it is now will keep me away for eternity.  A skill cap and putting more things to do into the original would have kept me going.  With this new monstrosity AV threw together? No thanks.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Have always been curious about this game.

They want way too much money up front for a game that doesn't offer any sort of free trial period so I can judge if i'll even like the game or not.

• kingsnuffkingsnuff Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Have always been curious about this game.

They want way too much money up front for a game that doesn't offer any sort of free trial period so I can judge if i'll even like the game or not.

I'm wondering if many others think like this, lower price could help with this mentality. Would be nice to have a lot more votes to have a better guess. Maybe drop the box price to 0 and lower sub fees could do wonders.

There have been a lot of new players lately and an uptick in activity. So far many have seemed very happy with it, we'll see how it is in 3+ months.
    Originally posted by kingsnuff
    There have been a lot of new players lately and an uptick in activity. So far many have seemed very happy with it, we'll see how it is in 3+ months.

If that's true than what's the point of this Poll?

Seemingly happy, how would you know that?

• MMO-VeteranMMO-Veteran Member Posts: 45
    If Darkfall did a skill cap like UO I would consider, outside of that why would I buy into something I'm always going to be behind on and I too have maxed everything out.
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    It's the $40 buy price that keeps me from it. If it goes on sale for $19 or less I will try it. But only then.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Let it die, game was never even close to a succes.

Devs never realise there dream game they had back in 2001 and gamers sinds 2004 where to much POLUTED with spoonfed/ezmode/carebear attitude game was already dead before it even started(look at insane cheating from day one).

Majority are themepark white server attitude, full loot free for all pvp is way to niche these days, even the so called hardcore cheat(losers) so fail is assured.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by MMO-Veteran
    If Darkfall did a skill cap like UO I would consider, outside of that why would I buy into something I'm always going to be behind on and I too have maxed everything out.

There is a cap to stats and there are classes in this version of Darkfall.  You will catch up in a few months if you play frequently.  I'm pretty much maxed out but I still get killed 80% of the time.  Not an easy combat system to master even with stats equal.  Still having lots of fun though.  The world is big enough that it's not a constant gankfest.

They are struggling to update the game at this price point, not sure how lowering the sub cost would help.  Maybe get a few more players that will then rage quit the first time they are ganked twice in a night.  I do think they should lower the box cost to $20 and keep the sub at $15.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Let it die, game was never even close to a succes.

Devs never realise there dream game they had back in 2001 and gamers sinds 2004 where to much POLUTED with spoonfed/ezmode/carebear attitude game was already dead before it even started(look at insane cheating from day one).

Majority are themepark white server attitude, full loot free for all pvp is way to niche these days, even the so called hardcore cheat(losers) so fail is assured.

If Darkfall is too "carebear" for you...you have issues.  And you are going to have a very difficult time finding an MMO to play.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    free to play with cash shop,how can you ask money for a unfinished unpolished game?
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    A monthly fee wouldn't bother me. However, not buying any mmo unless there is a free trial or I have beta tested it first......I have been hurt before.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Bad game design is still bad game design no matter how cheap it is.  They need content and a lot of it...
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Originally posted by MMO-Veteran

They are struggling to update the game at this price point, not sure how lowering the sub cost would help.  Maybe get a few more players that will then rage quit the first time they are ganked twice in a night.  I do think they should lower the box cost to $20 and keep the sub at $15.

While AV is in trouble financially,  DFUW isn't AV's only project.  I'm sure most of their resources are being directed to AKAZOO and other mobile projects.

More specifically, the investment in Aventurine will:

• Broaden InternetQ's capabilities to offer its AKAZOO subscribers more complete entertainment services and therefore improve engagement, further accelerating revenue growth;
    • Dramatically improve InternetQ's software development capabilities, a key function for the continuous development of the Group's mobile engagement platforms;
    • Allow for the immediate distribution of games (mostly casual) to mobile subscribers, the demand of which is increasing rapidly around the world;
    • Allow for significant cross-sell opportunities and delivery of mobile marketing campaigns to the gaming community; and
    • Exploit the significant m-commerce potential of games that are increasingly being delivered on mobile devices.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Never ever getting my money this game is not finished and never will be in my eyes! Great idea poorly implemented...

Asbo

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

The problem with this game isn't the price.  It's an empty experience.  The only thing that would make me try this game again would be if they announced they were going to make it a more well rounded sandbox game.  No more static holdings, but player built instead.  Add more features for people who aren't interested in PvP only gameplay, etc.

Right now it's just meaningless PvP, im my opinion.  

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by kingsnuff

If that's true than what's the point of this Poll?

Seemingly happy, how would you know that?

Because a lot of new players is only a lot because overall population is down. Not nearly enough to make me happy. And they seem happy because I talk to many of them. I personally helped over 40 new players over the last 2-3 weeks with many of them joining the clan i'm in. I have talked to them as they progress and they seem happy with it through words.

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Never ever getting my money this game is not finished and never will be in my eyes! Great idea poorly implemented...

I'm seriously baffled by posts like this, but apparently there are a lot of people with unreasonable blind hatred towards AV, as the massive number of people voting for the last option shows. Are all those people seriously telling me that they would never, ever play this game no matter what AV put in it or how it was changed? If AV modified it to fit your qualifications exactly, and it went to f2p, would you play it then? If you really know what you want from the game, write up a list and see if it happens. If your list of game wishes is totally unreasonable, you only have yourself to blame (i.e., bring back DF1 with an iwin button just for meee!). If DFUW doesn't look like it will ever be the kind of game you want, move on to other games and stop being creepy stalkers of a game you don't even want.

Look, I'm no fan of AV, but a lot of you act like Tasos personally steps on your wanger every single morning. 

• Scrappy_DooScrappy_Doo Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by luvboox

I'm seriously baffled by posts like this, but apparently there are a lot of people with unreasonable blind hatred towards AV, as the massive number of people voting for the last option shows. Are all those people seriously telling me that they would never, ever play this game no matter what AV put in it or how it was changed? If AV modified it to fit your qualifications exactly, and it went to f2p, would you play it then? If you really know what you want from the game, write up a list and see if it happens. If your list of game wishes is totally unreasonable, you only have yourself to blame (i.e., bring back DF1 with an iwin button just for meee!). If DFUW doesn't look like it will ever be the kind of game you want, move on to other games and stop being creepy stalkers of a game you don't even want.

Look, I'm no fan of AV, but a lot of you act like Tasos personally steps on your wanger every single morning. 

Lets say you go out to a restaurant....the first time you go to the restaurant the hostess couldn't be bothered to seat you talked on the phone to her/his friends and was rude to you when you asked to be seated.  Now lets say you decided to give that restaurant another chance, you make it past the rude obnoxious hostess and get to the meal which isn't that bad of a meal...they didn't have the beer you like to drink and they gave you a medium steak instead of a medium rare steak and the salad didn't have the dressing you asked for but overall the meal was enjoyable and rather tasty. When you went to let the waiter know about the issues you had with the meal they berrated you and stormed off without giving you the check. 

Now of course being the honest person you are, you don't want to walk out without paying so you try to flag down someone to get your check, but no one replies to you and they all just ignore you.  Finally the manager comes out and gives you your check. as you are paying for your meal you wanted to let the manager know how rude thier hostess is, how unprofessional thier wait staff is and how unattentative your server was for mixing up the temperature of your steak and dressing of your salad.  After a long awkward moment of the manager just stupidly staring at you they finally say..."well we apologize for your issues you experienced and would like to let you know that we plan on getting a new 5 star chef, sending out wait staff out to be retrained for fine dining experiences and firing the hostess, so please come back to see us in a few months." 

After a few months go by you and your spouse decide to give the newly improved restaurant a try.  When you enter the door you are met by the same rude hostess still talking on their phone to their friend and totally ignoring you.  The same wait staff that ignore any attempts to be seated.  After about 20 minutes of fuming the same manager comes out to address your issues.  When you ask them about the "newly improved restaurant" they say that they decided to scrap the idea of renovating the existing restaurant and not get the fine dining wait staff or the 5 star chef and instead are tearing the current restaurant down and opening up a KFC.

Thats a little what most of us went through with AV.....so you can kind of see our distrust in them.  After being burned so many times they could shower us in gold, but I wouldn't be suprised of the urine smell.

• luvbooxluvboox Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

snip

snip

That was a well thought-out response. I agree that AV does not have a very good track record when it comes to their promises, but that is not what the last question on the poll applies to. The OP phrased the question in such a way that it would correlate to: "What if the restaurant DID hire the five-star chefs and the service and everything was amazing (not hypothetically but actually amazing)?" And people are essentially saying that they still wouldn't pay for the game/eat at the restaurant. To me, and to a lot of normal people, that amount of hatred seems way over the top. 

Also, if people don't ever want to eat at the restaurant, why do they continually hang out near the entrance of the restaurant? It's just weird. 

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

snip

snip

That was a well thought-out response. I agree that AV does not have a very good track record when it comes to their promises, but that is not what the last question on the poll applies to. The OP phrased the question in such a way that it would correlate to: "What if the restaurant DID hire the five-star chefs and the service and everything was amazing (not hypothetically but actually amazing)?" And people are essentially saying that they still wouldn't pay for the game/eat at the restaurant. To me, and to a lot of normal people, that amount of hatred seems way over the top. 

Also, if people don't ever want to eat at the restaurant, why do they continually hang out near the entrance of the restaurant? It's just weird. 

How you would react to someone wipe your 3 years investment. Take your money for 1,5 years promising certain updates and come back with an enteriley different product contradicting everything he promising to build for a whole decade ?

Hm...con game  comes in mind ...

No one will believe at so much accomulated "unfortunate moments in life"  causing all this....

The restaurants is out to treat you like shit but like to getting payed like a 5 star cook works there...a massive imbalance.

That REQUIRES to be balanced by us the customers...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Honnestly, i would pay for less, but how it is right now and because of the previous wipe and everything, i just refuse to pay for an other beta full price which is 15 a month. If AV want my money, they need to deliver a complete product. It's been 10 months and there's still way too many missing feature like enchanting and the economy and economical activities sux. Plus, i won't come back without a prowess point reset.

There needs to be more freedom(Meaning no safe zones, but instead, guards or guard towers for each town) A murder system to give a meaningful penalties against red players and meaningful territory control. Again, the reason i want prowess reset is because classes will never be balanced. They're too slow to balance them. More hot spots too and i keep hearing that VCP's are not contested, but that's probably because of the current pop too.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Nothing against the game, just not a type of gameplay that I enjoy.

So no, changing the price does nothing for me.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.