Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,437Member Uncommon
    Cool!

• GrummusGrummus Nantucket, RIPosts: 125Member

I tried to register an account after downloading it on STeam.

It never emailed me my verification.  Fuck 'em.

• aromeroaromero BelizePosts: 49Member

Originally posted by Keylogger_007
    I tried to register an account after downloading it on STeam. It never emailed me my verification.  Fuck 'em. 

Sure they won't miss ya.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Maplewood, NJPosts: 1,098Member Uncommon

Check your spam folder.  Can't tell you how many times I got account registration/verification emails sent there.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ropeniceropenice Lake Worth, FLPosts: 587Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by aromero

Sure they won't miss ya.

As a potential customer that might buy things in the Cs? I bet they do.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Sacramento, CAPosts: 290Member
    Originally posted by ropenice
    Originally posted by aromero

Sure they won't miss ya.

As a potential customer that might buy things in the Cs? I bet they do.

As a person that has no idea how to follow through...no they wont

• cheyanecheyane Rome Posts: 3,002Member Uncommon
    I signed up with them yesterday and still no email verification and my email is bare no  mail at all. Not a much used account and the spam folder was clean. No idea how long they take to register an account.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,214Member Uncommon
    This is good news because if I'm going to run a game launcher in the background I would rather run Steam than any of the others.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Maplewood, NJPosts: 1,098Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I signed up with them yesterday and still no email verification and my email is bare no  mail at all. Not a much used account and the spam folder was clean. No idea how long they take to register an account.

Like I told the previous person, check your spam folder.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,214Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    Originally posted by cheyane

Like I told the previous person, check your spam folder.

Barring that, since the service is newly migrated there could be some technical issues that need ironing out. If you don't get a mail in a day or two, ask on their forums or submit a support ticket. Sometimes there are kinks to work out.

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member
    I have a question, whats the big deal with steam?  I have bought 1-2 games on it before, mostly long ago when digital copies were new and limited.  Do they have the best deals?  I have seen you build up points and can get free stuff sometimes I think.  I am not being a jerk or anything, just wondering. 
  • KilrainKilrain Prineville, ORPosts: 684Member Uncommon
    Some people like having the in game steam client running.

professional web programming and design.

I did mention in my earlier post that the spam folder was clean and when I went to Perfect World and tried the email and user name it was already used. I asked them to reverify every 12 hours 3 times already and still no email.  Think perhaps I need to use another email image I would not I hope be so unlucky as for this same thing to happen with another email.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAPosts: 835Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Xthos
    I have a question, whats the big deal with steam?  I have bought 1-2 games on it before, mostly long ago when digital copies were new and limited.  Do they have the best deals?  I have seen you build up points and can get free stuff sometimes I think.  I am not being a jerk or anything, just wondering. 

Steam tends to have a lot of good deals (especially the winter/summer sales where they have 100s of games for sale up to 75%-90%).  During the autumn sale (end of nov) I got Metro: Last Light and Dishonored for about $20 total.

Just an update got it after two days. I think they have some period of time more than a day definitely and it is not within ten minutes for the account activation. Probably their stable of games is experiencing heavy traffic in Neverwinter.