Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seemingly massive re-sub?

13»

Comments

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

This game had a longer "in limbo" cycle than fucking Duke Nukem Forever.

I signed up for beta in 2001 or 2002 while playing Everquest.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Keylogger_007

First of all, that's not true. Your timing isn't being measured correctly.

Second, what does that have to do with ANYTHING in this thread?

Third, "this game", Unholy Wars, was never "in limbo", nor did it have a beta period.

Fourth, the original Darkfall was totally remade starting in 2003 when Aventurine got involved, the game you signed up for in 2002 is related only in name and most basic concept.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Third, "this game", Unholy Wars, was never "in limbo", nor did it have a beta period.

Fourth, the original Darkfall was totally remade starting in 2003 when Aventurine got involved, the game you signed up for in 2002 is related only in name and most basic concept.

Darkfall Unholy Wars had no beta period ? What was the time called from Dec. - April.....wait the Dev's called it Beta i think. You are a useless fanboy, that is as useful as the many trolls that got lootet once and now hate the game.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Still? 90% of the people that come into Darkfall UW threads derailing them, sreaming about how bad the game is, are people who don't even play it and have these weird rose colored glasses memories about DF1. They're the same people that, during DF1, were constantly screaming about how awful DF1 was.

This is so wrong. I was a big blind fan of DFUW when it came out. I started seeing clear when they did everything to avoid a simple question and this question was: ``Do you plan to work on a murder system or do you plan to simply bring back the old murder system with racial war?`` AV responded to most questions in their QA and shit, but never for the lack of a murder system like racial war or something else. If everyone can freely live in the safe zones no matter how many shit they did, they can still live in it with 0 penalty and it still means nothing to become red. So with that, cities and hamlets are worthless. 

Plus the game is still way too imbalanced. Games that have much more than 10 skills and much more than 4 roles and plenty of possibilities to build talent tree and shit are much more balanced than DF and this is not normal since DF is mostly about pvp compared to those games.

Last time, i heard mages were gonna get a sprint boost with attunment to air which is great, but nothing about nerfing that OP duelist shit. 

AV now just seem like a company that don`t really know what they`re doing; they always been that way tho. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal
    Still? 90% of the people that come into Darkfall UW threads derailing them, sreaming about how bad the game is, are people who don't even play it and have these weird rose colored glasses memories about DF1. They're the same people that, during DF1, were constantly screaming about how awful DF1 was.

This is so wrong. I was a big blind fan of DFUW when it came out. I started seeing clear when they did everything to avoid a simple question and this question was: ``Do you plan to work on a murder system or do you plan to simply bring back the old murder system with racial war?`` AV responded to most questions in their QA and shit, but never for the lack of a murder system like racial war or something else. If everyone can freely live in the safe zones no matter how many shit they did, they can still live in it with 0 penalty and it still means nothing to become red. So with that, cities and hamlets are worthless. 

Plus the game is still way too imbalanced. Games that have much more than 10 skills and much more than 4 roles and plenty of possibilities to build talent tree and shit are much more balanced than DF and this is not normal since DF is mostly about pvp compared to those games.

Last time, i heard mages were gonna get a sprint boost with attunment to air which is great, but nothing about nerfing that OP duelist shit. 

AV now just seem like a company that don`t really know what they`re doing; they always been that way tho. 

+1

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Niburu

Darkfall Unholy Wars had no beta period ? What was the time called from Dec. - April.....wait the Dev's called it Beta i think. You are a useless fanboy, that is as useful as the many trolls that got lootet once and now hate the game.

Well said. Aventurine is not to be trusted.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    there is no reason to play this game. its quality is below toontown(wich got shut down). I cant wait to see the big annoucment of DF3.0- shutting down df2.0 and luring those desperate, miserable souls to buy the full pack again.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Everything in your post in FALSE!

*DFUW was in limbo as df2010, Arena and DF2.0 for years.

*DFUW certainly had a beta and is arguably still in it.

*There was no Aventurine prior to 2003" it was formed in collaboration with Razorwax.

Way to keep that credibility at zero 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Originally posted by ilives

Everything in your post in FALSE! Wrong.

*DFUW was in limbo as df2010, Arena and DF2.0 for years. Limbo isn't exactly the best word, as the game still got patches.

*DFUW certainly had a beta and is arguably still in it. Yes, I entirely forgot that it did, my bad.

*There was no Aventurine prior to 2003" it was formed in collaboration with Razorwax. I'm aware of this. When DF1 released, it's development time was officially slated as 2003-2008, because the 3 man basement team of Razorwax completely started over in 2003.

Way to keep that credibility at zero 

So everything I said is false? And then you go on to list a few things almost entirely unrelated to what I said?

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Some really try to rewrite history in an attempt in favour of Aventurine.

Truth is  Aventurine  is the RESULT of the norwegian Team plus Greek Investors to RELEASE Darkfall 2003 or at least to start a BETA.

"In early August 2001, Razorwax announced the development of Darkfall and launched its official website. [1] The Razorwax development team consisted of five members:

• Claus Grovdal (Lead Design and Producer)
    • Ricki Sickenger (Lead Tools and Game Logic Programmer)
    • Henning Ludvigsen (Art Director)
    • Kjetil Helland (Lead 3D/Client Programmer)
    • Erik Sperling Johansen (Lead Server Programmer)
    In October 2002, Aventurine S.A. was founded in Greece. The Razorwax team was integrated into Aventurine, and five other developers from Norway were hired into the company.[2] When the Razorwax team and the Aventurine team had their first meeting in Athens, a member of one of the teams joked that Razorwax should relocate from Norway to Greece due to the lower taxes and cost of living in Greece. Eventually, the two teams realized that this idea actually made very good business sense,[3] and by December 2002,[4] the relocation of Razorwax was finalized. In the same year beta was announced and signups began. After 6 months signups were closed and the original declaration of closed beta was retracted."

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Truth is  Aventurine  is the RESULT of the norwegian Team plus Greek Investors to RELEASE Darkfall 2003 or at least to start a BETA.

"In early August 2001, Razorwax announced the development of Darkfall and launched its official website. [1] The Razorwax development team consisted of five members:

In October 2002, Aventurine S.A. was founded in Greece. The Razorwax team was integrated into Aventurine, and five other developers from Norway were hired into the company.[2] When the Razorwax team and the Aventurine team had their first meeting in Athens, a member of one of the teams joked that Razorwax should relocate from Norway to Greece due to the lower taxes and cost of living in Greece. Eventually, the two teams realized that this idea actually made very good business sense,[3] and by December 2002,[4] the relocation of Razorwax was finalized. In the same year beta was announced and signups began. After 6 months signups were closed and the original declaration of closed beta was retracted."

How does clarification "favor" Aventurine?

This post supports what I said, actually. That Darkfall, starting in 2003, was entirely remade. There's a reason all the press release documentation states DF was in development from 2003-2008

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    They're the same people that, during DF1, were constantly screaming about how awful DF1 was.

You know what this is actually very true. I dabbled in DF1 a bit and although I wasn't into it hardcore all the time I did hang out on the forums alot and their playerbase was truely a bunch of crybabies.

They complained about everything and hailed DF:UW as the almighty savoir and the majority of the community wanted it, well I guess they got what they wanted. Personally even though I didn't play DF1 all the time I never understood the problem as it seemed ok to me and I always thought DF:UW sounded dreadful yet they ate it up cause they hated DF1 SO MUCH, kinda funny isn't it that now they want back the game they hated so much. image

I would say in general the community surrounding that game has other issues cause they are never satisfied that is for sure.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I don't know what is going on but there has been a resurgence in players in Darkfall UW this week. 

A lot of people were unsubbing and playing other games like Rust or BF4 or Lol, but for whatever reason a huge amount of people have resubbed.  Not to mention the sale AV put on brought in a bunch of new people.

Hopefully AV can respond in kind with timely game updates.

Last night was some awesome pvp on ice.  About  5 large roaming groups running around that we came across looking for trouble.

This reminds me of when the media is directed to state that the housing market is once again growing.  In return, the theory is that the undereducated will go out and make a purchase because of what the media told them.  The housing market does indeed grow (for a short, measurable while).  The new facts feed into the support of an otherwise false statement and the growing market is theoretically supposed to kick start from this effect.  I cannot recall the exact term for this process.

This is propaganda, of course, but statistically proven to work with a population that neglects to do actual research.

It's econ 101.  So I will applaud this effort to get folks to resub.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I don't know what is going on but there has been a resurgence in players in Darkfall UW this week. 

A lot of people were unsubbing and playing other games like Rust or BF4 or Lol, but for whatever reason a huge amount of people have resubbed.  Not to mention the sale AV put on brought in a bunch of new people.

Hopefully AV can respond in kind with timely game updates.

Last night was some awesome pvp on ice.  About  5 large roaming groups running around that we came across looking for trouble.

This reminds me of when the media is directed to state that the housing market is once again growing.  In return, the theory is that the undereducated will go out and make a purchase because of what the media told them.  The housing market does indeed grow (for a short, measurable while).  The new facts feed into the support of an otherwise false statement and the growing market is theoretically supposed to kick start from this effect.  I cannot recall the exact term for this process.

This is propaganda, of course, but statistically proven to work with a population that neglects to do actual research.

It's econ 101.  So I will applaud this effort to get folks to resub.

Or Glenn Beck telling people to buy gold.

I'd be more inclined to think the 66% off sale resulted in a bump in subs though; rather than badaboom using propaganda to trick people into subbing.

This post supports what I said, actually. That Darkfall, starting in 2003, was entirely remade. There's a reason all the press release documentation states DF was in development from 2003-2008

How we know "it was enterely" remade. For all we now know is Tasos is a liar.  He and the greek investor members sabotaged the planned Beta and changed plans like he did with DF2010 expansion turned it into the crap "new" DF:UW game.

What happened 2003, happened 2006, 2011 and will happen again with Tasos the liar and his greek mobsters at the helm.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

How we know "it was enterely" remade. For all we now know is Tasos is a liar.  He and the greek investor members sabotaged the planned Beta

Even after all this time there are still conspiracy theorists swarming Darkfall like flies.

WHAT WOULD BE GAINED by doing this? Use logic.

A game worked on part time by a 3 man team in a basement suddenly gets an office, a new company, and start working on it full time.

Do you HONESTLY think they're going to keep the code and art assests from the game they made part time in a basement 3 years prior?

No.

How we know "it was enterely" remade. For all we now know is Tasos is a liar.  He and the greek investor members sabotaged the planned Beta

Even after all this time there are still conspiracy theorists swarming Darkfall like flies.

WHAT WOULD BE GAINED by doing this? Use logic.

A game worked on part time by a 3 man team in a basement suddenly gets an office, a new company, and start working on it full time.

Do you HONESTLY think they're going to keep the code and art assests from the game they made part time in a basement 3 years prior?

No.

"WHAT WOULD BE GAINED by doing this? Use logic."

They do let the talented razorwax team working on some unrelated projects  for example insrtead of making the game they promised to their community.  Possible to cash in founds from goverment.  They do same now as we speak and instead working on DF:UW working on cellphone games btw.

"Do you HONESTLY think they're going to keep the code and art assests from the game they made part time in a basement 3 years prior?"

Yes. Ricki Sickenger one member of original razorwax team said original code was still used for DF launch 2009.

The "Aventrurine rewrote DF 2003" myth is such... a myth.

On the other hand as long as it was under the Razorwax flag the direction of the game was great. It was Avventurine that ruined one feature after another and ended up as a themepark game.

For example the great game Razorwax had in mind :

"With six playable races to choose from plus an open ability system more than 1,000 skills and spells, it appears players will be able to follow virtually any type of career alternative they might want - explorer, hunter, mercenary, smith, magician, fisherman and countless others - by making the appropriate choices."

Compare this to the DF:UW crap, Aventurine forced to their customers today, with the arena combat for fight club idiots playstyle as only choice.