Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trick Dempsey - Defiance Creative Lead - AMA

2»

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Thanks for the responses.

What's the biggest lesson you've personally learned while working on Defiance, and how do you think it will influence future projects you are involved in?

You make me like charity

• TrickDempseyTrionTrickDempseyTrion Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Thanks for the responses.

What's the biggest lesson you've personally learned while working on Defiance, and how do you think it will influence future projects you are involved in?

Man, that's a good question.

The biggest lesson has actually been more a time management one than a design one. It's very easy to get focused on one aspect of a project and fall down a rabbit hole. (Actually easy to compare to "chasing the rabbit" in Pacific Rim.) That can be more than a personal issue but spread to whole teams. It's really easy to stress out and lose track of the big picture. This lead to features, like the PC UI or chat, which fall by the wayside.

That said, I'm really impressed by people who just willingly reach out to help new players. I was horrified that the universe would be totally unforgiving, but I've seen an incredible society of giving in the folks I've seen playing the game. You guys are great.

• TrickDempseyTrionTrickDempseyTrion Member Posts: 11

Okay folks, it's been great talking to all of y'all, but I've got to get some dinner, some rest, and get back to working on Defiance. (Or some combination of all of those things.)

As always... Good hunting, my friends.

This discussion has been closed.