Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Healer class?

RampajiRampaji copenhagnePosts: 50Member

Is it templar who gonna be the best type of healer class in the game or can everyone be healers?

 

Looking forward to play elders scroll :)

Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

  • Effin_RabbitEffin_Rabbit Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    I thought it was going to be the sorcerer with the restoration staff, maybe they'll both be effective healers.
  • BoreilBoreil Dallas, TXPosts: 448Member Uncommon
    Just check out the class skills on one of the fansite's like tamriel foundry, the templar has a healing tree that looks to be the best heals, but anyone can use a restorative staff and be a healer.

    image

  • RampajiRampaji copenhagnePosts: 50Member
    Thank you :)

    Be the change you want to see in the world.

    - Mahatma Gandhi

  • BoreilBoreil Dallas, TXPosts: 448Member Uncommon

    Also, don't jam yourself into a class thinking it will be the best at something, like thinking the sorcerer would be the best at  healing,  etc,  a Dragonknight  in light armor with a resto staff could easily outheal a templar in heavy gear, or a melee sorcerer in medium/heavy armor . Same as a sorcerer in heavy armor with a  melee weapon could out melee a light armored 'tank" class  and still have decent magic.  

     

    From all the video's and posts we have seen, they have done a great job in making the class choices really only effect what class skill you use, everything else is a matter of choice that can be changed at any time.   Medium armor duel wield battlemage, light armored staff using dragonknight healer or even a heavy armored 2h using Nightblade tank.  Think outside the mmo class box and build a character like you would in any other Elder Scrolls game .

    image

  • RampajiRampaji copenhagnePosts: 50Member
    Thank you Boriel for putting some more light to this topic. :)

    Be the change you want to see in the world.

    - Mahatma Gandhi

  • DAS1337DAS1337 Parma, OHPosts: 2,404Member

    I love reading!  It allows you to learn so much about something before asking silly questions!

     

    Every class can use every weapon

  • azarhalazarhal Somewhere, BCPosts: 761Member Uncommon

    Really depends what you think a healer should do. The Templar has the opportunity to heal without having to use the Resto staff, but lets not forget that there might be healing skills in other skill lines that haven't been revealed yet as well.  Also, healing isn't all about heals, there are (group) buff in quite a few skill lines that might be interesting for a support class (DK's Earthen Heart line for example).

    I also the resto staff is simply better for healers in my opinion (more damage mitigation skills, more type of heals).

  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 dublinPosts: 2,735Member
    To be honest the classes don't even need to be in the game, if every character can use every weapon and armor type. it seems to me like zenimax are doing a half assed skill system. Either go all in with an open ended skill system or just stick to a traditional class system. They could just have templates for people who would prefer a more linear progression like they had in oblivion
  • BoreilBoreil Dallas, TXPosts: 448Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    To be honest the classes don't even need to be in the game, if every character can use every weapon and armor type. it seems to me like zenimax are doing a half assed skill system. Either go all in with an open ended skill system or just stick to a traditional class system. They could just have templates for people who would prefer a more linear progression like they had in oblivion

    Its got basically the same system every other Elder scrolls game has had ( except skyrim bleh)  there has always been class's in ES, and they have always had the ability to use any armor weapon you wanted, only difference now is they get a few skills associated with that class not just bonuses, in every other right its still an open skill system .

    image

  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,616Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Boreil

    Also, don't jam yourself into a class thinking it will be the best at something, like thinking the sorcerer would be the best at  healing,  etc,  a Dragonknight  in light armor with a resto staff could easily outheal a templar in heavy gear, or a melee sorcerer in medium/heavy armor . Same as a sorcerer in heavy armor with a  melee weapon could out melee a light armored 'tank" class  and still have decent magic.  

     

    From all the video's and posts we have seen, they have done a great job in making the class choices really only effect what class skill you use, everything else is a matter of choice that can be changed at any time.   Medium armor duel wield battlemage, light armored staff using dragonknight healer or even a heavy armored 2h using Nightblade tank.  Think outside the mmo class box and build a character like you would in any other Elder Scrolls game .

    Although what you say is true, I doubt that anyone would be able to heal better than a Templar armed, armored and traited for healing. Classes do matter... not as much as other games but if you have a definite role in mind that you want to try to min/max, starting with the class that leans that way would be a good idea.

  • vmopedvmoped Athens, GAPosts: 1,708Member
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Boreil

    Also, don't jam yourself into a class thinking it will be the best at something, like thinking the sorcerer would be the best at  healing,  etc,  a Dragonknight  in light armor with a resto staff could easily outheal a templar in heavy gear, or a melee sorcerer in medium/heavy armor . Same as a sorcerer in heavy armor with a  melee weapon could out melee a light armored 'tank" class  and still have decent magic.  

     

    From all the video's and posts we have seen, they have done a great job in making the class choices really only effect what class skill you use, everything else is a matter of choice that can be changed at any time.   Medium armor duel wield battlemage, light armored staff using dragonknight healer or even a heavy armored 2h using Nightblade tank.  Think outside the mmo class box and build a character like you would in any other Elder Scrolls game .

    Although what you say is true, I doubt that anyone would be able to heal better than a Templar armed, armored and traited for healing. Classes do matter... not as much as other games but if you have a definite role in mind that you want to try to min/max, starting with the class that leans that way would be a good idea.

    If we are talking pure healing in a traditional sense, then yes the Templar has more options.  If we are talking buffing and mitigation as a component of a healer, then no.  Every class has options that make them more than viable as main healers.  Since everyone is limited to 5 abilities with one ultimate, having more options for heals does not make the Templar the 'best' healer in the game.  Playstyle and ability choice will determine who the 'best' healers are, not class.  For those interested in reading more, check out the skill lines posted on Tamriel Foundry.  The forums there have a lot of good information that has been released by Zenimax.

    Cheers!

    MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

    Every class can be an efficient healer when they have the healer staff maxed out .....

    same as every class can be an efficient tank if the have sword and board maxed out.

     

    some classes however will allways be the best possible healer, so far templar seems the only class withimproved healing, tough sorceror might also work as they will probably have the best mana regeneration.  Tough nightblades have a skil that lets them leech mana with mellee attacks..

     

    just wondering how often you can switch weapons, and if you can use the skills in the healing staff line when you have no healingstaff equiped.

     

     

    if i am interpretating things correctly, you can only improve your healing skills by actually healing

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • SpeelySpeely Seattle, WAPosts: 861Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

    Every class can be an efficient healer when they have the healer staff maxed out .....same as every class can be an efficient tank if the have sword and board maxed out. some classes however will allways be the best possible healer, so far templar seems the only class withimproved healing, tough sorceror might also work as they will probably have the best mana regeneration.  Tough nightblades have a skil that lets them leech mana with mellee attacks.. just wondering how often you can switch weapons, and if you can use the skills in the healing staff line when you have no healingstaff equiped.  if i am interpretating things correctly, you can only improve your healing skills by actually healing

     

    According to Zeni, your interpretation is correct. And aside from the Resto staff skills, there could be options the mage guild offers in regard to healing, etc.

    Every class can potentially heal others. "Efficiency" of this is yet to be seen.




    Also, in regards to Boreil's comments about flexibility, we only know that you CAN build characters from classes how you want... that is correct. We don't know HOW the effectiveness of such builds works in relation to others. For example, it was said that a sorcerer in heavy armor could out-melee a light tank. That really depends on a lot of things and could potentially be untrue, both mechanically and situationally. The class skills of a Templar MIGHT be considerably more efficient for a healing role than a generalist's healing skills. We simply don't know yet.
  • eldariseldaris LondonPosts: 349Member

    Any class with a spell to directly heal a player you choose (in same party or outside your party) ?
    Or just group/area heals like in (sadly) most new games ?

Sign In or Register to comment.